Graham Murty. Visibly upset / distraught / angry RTV

nelster

Official FF Paparazzi
Feel very very sorry for him.

Struggling for composure looked like he had been and still was crying.

What on earth is going on behind the scenes that he is left in this position and indeed so emotional.

Yeah he looks bitterly disappointed.

Carries himself very well but he’s never a football manager, I do have a degree of sympathy for him given the circumstances. But I also lose a bit of sympathy when I see him refuse to make common sense decisions like take Miller out.

My mind keeps going back to a picture of Kenny Miller and Dave King laughing and smiling together at one of Pedro's last games - can't remember which one. There's clearly something seriously wrong behind the scenes at Rangers that needs sorting out.
v Well in the cup.

This situation needs sorted.

He was flung in at the deep end yet again and he knows he's out of his depth and out of his comfort zone.Last week he was asked just before the Hamilton game if he was going to apply for the manager's job and replied why should he as the board knew what he could do.Maybe I read that wrong at the time but I got the feeling he possibly thought he could do it but he has no chance now.
Felt sorry for him last night,yes he got his team selection and tactics wrong but ultimately the players let him,the fans and the club down badly.
Those group of players ought to be ashamed of themselves as they haven't performed to the standard required and there's definately a hint of player power about them with the way they performed under Caixinha,although he himself was a major part of his own downfall.
Where we go from here is anyone's guess,but the board really need to act sooner rather than later!.

The guy is carrying all our expectation and is in effect an apprentice doing a mans job.

He's one of very few actually showing hurt and he clearly has pride.

I think he realises he's not good enough now and knows it's the same shite squad at any new managers disposal.

The enormity of the task ahead is sinking in and it's fu(kin hurting him like it has all of us.

While he's not exempt from criticism, he does not deserve a lot of the flack he has had.

The man is a credit to our club and will oversee a good production of youth.

I do have a high degree of sympathy for him.

Murty, or any new manager is pissing in the wind with this set of players.

Holt - weak, poor in possession, runs around a lot but contributes almost nothing to the team. Occasionally throws in a good game which makes people forget about all the sh ite games he has had.

Miller - Not good enough to play up front, so we start him left midfield. He’s 37. His touch has always been hit and miss and he fails to find a team mate with simple 5 or 10 yard passes week in week out. Occasionally though he’ll pop up with a goal and he’s back to being King Kenny until his next sh it performance. *rolls eyes*

Hodson - Hodson can be no where near a team who play an attacking formation. He’s not good enough in 1 on 1 situations. Looks good in a team where they never leave a tight defensive shape, but is too easily exposed in attacking teams.

Herrera - How is this guy a professional footballer? He played a whole half yesterday against a make shift Dundee defence and I don’t think he won 1 header or managed to hold the ball up successfully once. He wouldn’t even get into the Dundee starting XI and we paid a small fortune for him. Could’ve signed Moult or Lafferty.

Windass - Scored a nice goal but it’s not enough. He jogs around the pitch thinking he’s Messi. If he plays then it cannot be in midfield, as he doesn’t contribute enough defensively.

Because of Holt, Miller and Windass - the balance of the team is a mess. We need a manager who has a history of setting up a team who are hard to beat. Wins come on the back of clean sheets, and we allow teams too many chances to score from simple passes or crosses into the box.

Feel sorry for the man, hes been put in this position through no fault of his own. Hopefully he went through they players like a tonne of bricks after their performance last night

The way he's being treated I would walk, Or every lazy arse bastard overpaid so-called player would be dropped, and I would replace them with the so-called youngster they literally couldn't do worse and if the board were unhappy fck them and just do it.

Kenny McDowell was a perfectly good assistant but was a broken man after his time in charge. The same is happening to Murty and it stinks. He's a good coach at the right level but is clearly not suited to the job he's being asked to do.

Looks bitterly angry and visibly upset and
A broken man, Looks like McDowell was when left in charge.

If left in charge any longer he needs to freshen the squad up with some of the U20s but he won't will be all the same players for Aberdeen!

Was about to say the same thing……

He knows deep down that he is fighting a losing battle with these players and knows any chance he had …of managing here … is completely gone.

Looks a broken and dejected figure and the board should feel ashamed they have put him in this position.

We need a ‘clear out’ especially with certain individuals that feel they are more important tham the club itself

We still have the Aberdeen game before the AGM so …we could be further behind and then instead of three straight wins … we will have three straight defeats!

King better have some good answers on Thursday otherwise things may not turn out so well.

This board have become a pantomime and maybe after all the hoop la they have taken us as far as they can?

If so … like I said before this needs to be recognized and steps need to be taken so someone can come in and rebuild us again.

Can’t believe I am saying this… but we may have to start all over again which may take years!

So …so………depressing……

You have to feel sorry for the guy. He's doing his best but he's simply not a manager - yet.

While the board are fannying about doing God knows what we are a sinking ship in the meantime.

Not having this "hung out to dry p!sh"

He picked the team against Hamilton and it was clear to all it wasn't working, he failed to make changes.

For some reason he trusted almost the exact same players last night it didn't work again.

It took him till the 84th minute to make a change to try and get something out the game. It was well gone by then.

He was left with a squad of players that should/could easily have beaten bottom of the league teams. We hadn't lost away from home in the league since he last achieved it back to back last season, he has now lost home and away back to back this season.

He never picked his strongest team he picked his pals, they let him down again.

He started only 3 of Pedro's signings against Hamilton, 4 last night.

Murty's team, Murty's mess.

Just watched his post match interview on Sky...he looked as though he could cry. I think he's genuinely baffled, angry and gutted at what he's watching, so he must know how we feel.

Carries himself very well but he’s never a football manager, I do have a degree of sympathy for him given the circumstances. But I also lose a bit of sympathy when I see him refuse to make common sense decisions like take Miller out.
Yeah agree with this but I thought he sent a message to the board on his bt interview that he's more or less being hung out to dry.

This is what this group of players will do to “managers”

Huge job for someone to improve this lot, not many will be knocking down the door to take the gig at this stage

His hand has been forced with team selection..........you could also argue that in the last two games he has been let down by four individual errors.

I was one of his suporters but he probably acted quicker to the Allan substitute as we were over run in midfield

Murty, or any new manager is pissing in the wind with this set of players.

Holt - weak, poor in possession, runs around a lot but contributes almost nothing to the team. Occasionally throws in a good game which makes people forget about all the sh ite games he has had.

Miller - Not good enough to play up front, so we start him left midfield. He’s 37. His touch has always been hit and miss and he fails to find a team mate with simple 5 or 10 yard passes week in week out. Occasionally though he’ll pop up with a goal and he’s back to being King Kenny until his next sh it performance. *rolls eyes*

Hodson - Hodson can be no where near a team who play an attacking formation. He’s not good enough in 1 on 1 situations. Looks good in a team where they never leave a tight defensive shape, but is too easily exposed in attacking teams.

Herrera - How is this guy a professional footballer? He played a whole half yesterday against a make shift Dundee defence and I don’t think he won 1 header or managed to hold the ball up successfully once. He wouldn’t even get into the Dundee starting XI and we paid a small fortune for him. Could’ve signed Moult or Lafferty.

Windass - Scored a nice goal but it’s not enough. He jogs around the pitch thinking he’s Messi. If he plays then it cannot be in midfield, as he doesn’t contribute enough defensively.

Because of Holt, Miller and Windass - the balance of the team is a mess. We need a manager who has a history of setting up a team who are hard to beat. Wins come on the back of clean sheets, and we allow teams too many chances to score from simple passes or crosses into the box.
Absolutely spot on OP and I’d probably add candais to that list also as how many corners are wasted, crosses not going
Past first defender or reaching near post, his decision making is poor and tackling and ball winning abysmal.

What’s going on with Pena (is it true he has an alcohol problem) where is ROssiter and kranjar. Ship them out if they can’t shape up

He picked the team against Hamilton and it was clear to all it wasn't working, he failed to make changes.

For some reason he trusted almost the exact same players last night it didn't work again.

It took him till the 84th minute to make a change to try and get something out the game. It was well gone by then.

He was left with a squad of players that should/could easily have beaten bottom of the league teams. We hadn't lost away from home in the league since he last achieved it back to back last season, he has now lost home and away back to back this season.

Fair enough mate but it looks like players have downed tools to me. Of Pedro's signings available last night I don't know who else he could have trusted and this is coming from a guy that is sick to the back teeth watching Miller finger point and bark at players while contributing nothing himself.

Murty is a man of great dignity and passion, as we see in that interview. Although not entirely blameless, showing tactical naivety, he has a squad of lily liveried sh@tebags to work with that any manager would have a tough time delivering a performance from.
Graeme needs to be back coaching the youths, we need a new manager in ASAP and a clear out of many of these charlatans, masquerading as footballers.
Over to you Dave.

Can't believe that result. But you see Murtys pain. The players are a disgrace. They need a manager who has a reputation for them to respect. They obviously didn't respect Pedro. It looks like they don't respect Murty either or the fans.... It's just a job for them... I'd give my right arm and both my nuts to play for Rangers, without pay. That's the difference. We don't have that in our team anymore.

Absolutely spot on OP and I’d probably add candais to that list also as how many corners are wasted, crosses not going
Past first defender or reaching near post, his decision making is poor and tackling and ball winning abysmal.

What’s going on with Pena (is it true he has an alcohol problem) where is ROssiter and kranjar. Ship them out if they can’t shape up

Ship them out? They have contracts and no one wants them.

Shame, you can tell he's hurting. But some of it is self inflicted. If he's still here on Wednesday, he'll put out much the same team.

A team who can't score and always look like conceding.

He had the opportunity to do what HE liked regarding the team - after beating Hearts and Thistle some on here were lining him up for the job full time. He has had the chance that many would give their right legs for and messed up twice. His "play a winning team" mantra has bit him on the jacksy big time and his inability to make a change, even try to make a change just cemented his failure.

This feels like the lowest ebb since the rats were running the ship. A share float or new investment seems our only chance. Let’s be honest the entire structure just now is dysfunctional. King either gives this project 100% or he sells up - this is torture. Who is the voice of the club? Where is the voice of the club?

You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I do not blame Murts at all.....he is doing the best he can with the dross given to him.

I would keep Mc Crorie,Wes,Dorrans , Tavernier and Morelos and get rid of the rest.

Do you think he will give the players what they need this week? a swift boot to the baws is needed for most of them.

Any chance of him pulling Miller up for not staying in his position for what must have been 90% of the match?? supposed to be left wing and never there wondering about all over the place.
Every time John got the ball he had no one running ahead of him Miller stood still watching at least windass knows to make a run...

Feel very very sorry for him.

Struggling for composure looked like he had been and still was crying.

What on earth is going on behind the scenes that he is left in this position and indeed so emotional.

At least he never had to pay for the privilege of following that shower of shite on a freezing cold Friday night!

Fair enough mate but it looks like players have downed tools to me. Of Pedro's signings available last night I don't know who else he could have trusted and this is coming from a guy that is sick to the back teeth watching Miller finger point and bark at players while contributing nothing himself.

Of course they've downed tools. The supply teacher is running the show and the kids are taking the piss.

Murty has been hung out to dry by the board but he has not made things easier for himself. Some of us said early doors that his "I'm your pal, lads" act would get him nowhere for long and he needed to start booting arses

This is a guy who captained a team to promotion in the EPL and played for his country so it's not as if he doesn't posses leadership ability.

What is apparently obvious is he lacks game management. He doesn't have a scooby how to change things. That's two weeks we've struggled second half and he's stood there frozen, chewing his jacket. I'm sorry but that's simply just not good enough.

The simple fact is Mr Murty is being asked to do a job he isn't qualified to do and is being left hung out to dry by our board. Get a bloody manager in and let him do the job he was actually hired to do.

To be fair to Murty these are not his players. I think ANY manager we get in will not improve these players. They are overpaid journey men bar a couple and they DO NOT have the mentality to be Rangers players it's that simple. The only thing i think a new manager would be able to do is drop players who are not performing.

Again to be fair to Murty he is down to the bare bones of the first team and i am sure if he had those injured players we would have won against these lesser teams. Bears are complaining about his subs but who do we have to bring on? How i see it is that we need an out and out left midfielder; two proper fullbacks, two midfield enforcers and another out and out striker. I have said it before we have had no physical presence as a team for the last three years and when things get feisty mainly in the second half when teams have a go we can not cope. For me anyway until this is addressed we will continue to struggle for consistency in one of the most physical leagues in the world

I personally only judge a manager on the players he brings and the results they achieve. He is not stupid and recognises like the rest of us Bears that these players are not of a Rangers standard, technically or mentally. To me he is being made a scapegoat because the tools he is using are not fit for purpose. The blame for what is happening to our beloved club at this time lies elsewhere and i for one will not be blaming someone that has been dealt a bad hand.

Last edited:
An utter disgrace how he's been treated by the board and the players. Their performances would be a million times better if they thought he'd be the full time boss. Fucking imposters.

Is it maybe just possible that the board/King/whoever has told Murty that Miller has to play?

Exactly this is of his own making, the players that failed last week were the exact same players who started last night, he is clueless.

I hope those players feel guilt when they watch that video, murty isn’t a manager, but those players should have it in them to beat a bottom of the league team. Murty’s confidence will be taking a leathering, he’s needs to go back to the youth. I dread to think what Wednesday will bring, can I see a new manager in place? No, this is my first ever season ticket , every time I’ve been to Ibrox, I’ve had a feeling that we can win , I just don’t think the players have that same belief.

Back