Graham Murty. Visibly upset / distraught / angry RTV

I’m not suggesting Kenny Miller got Warburton sacked. That image of him that day with King struck me as odd then and still does. Of course a single conversation is not the reason why were in such a mess now. Let’s say it was representative of a deeper malaise.
Warburton didn't get sacked. He quit.

Murty is exempt from blame. He has taken the result and the performance very personally. He needs to learn not to do that. Great experience for him as a coach. He is a professional.
I suspect Murty is influenced strongly by senior pros like Kenny Miller. To the point where the pros are de facto picking the team. If true it'd be weakness on Graeme's part.

I feel very sorry for the guy.

I posted this last week on the match thread.

The players in my opinion are not listening to him.

At The Hamilton match in the second half he kept shouting to Candeias to get out wide left onto the touchline.

Candeias was in the centre circle he then moved about two steps Murty shouted at him again then again and Candeias moved about another two steps.

He then done the same with Windass and he also never went to the line eventually Murty hooked Windass and put Nemane on for two minutes out wide left.

The guy is carrying all our expectation and is in effect an apprentice doing a mans job.

He's one of very few actually showing hurt and he clearly has pride.

I think he realises he's not good enough now and knows it's the same shite squad at any new managers disposal.

The enormity of the task ahead is sinking in and it's fu(kin hurting him like it has all of us.

While he's not exempt from criticism, he does not deserve a lot of the flack he has had.

The man is a credit to our club and will oversee a good production of youth.

I do have a high degree of sympathy for him.

Seriously he sees the youth on a daily basis as hes head of the development squad
Its quite simple he is not cut out for management or football !

Hung out to dry by players who should hang their heads in shame, don't think I've ever been as angry

Actually feel for the guy, he can only ask professional football players to act like it, clearly they are unable to do that.

Graeme murty needs help,and needs help now !the board are being “negligent “in their duties.

I hope your not a goal keeper
I play up front or on the wing. But i have played midfield and defense. I could have one arm and probably still be a better keeper than big Wes. Some of the goals he's let in are preventable

Feel really sorry for Murty. Let down by both players and the board. Bit like the fans. Let down by both also.

There's a saying 'you can only pish with the cock you've got '. That sums up the state we are in currently. Formations, different players, this that whatever. The whole mix is wrong. Would make you weep. I do not include the younger players but the seasoned professionals need to take a long hard look at themselves. Pitiful!

Murty was put in a position obviously he did not want
It should be the highlight of someone’s career being the manager of our great club
Last night that man looked broken he was distraught it was hard to watch
No one should be like that we need this sorted and sorted now
Every Rangers fan watching that interview would have felt for murty last night

WATP

He was visibly upset, of course. The same as the rest of us. Team full of non triers and players who evidently are not up to the job. It's one thing not being good enough, but completely different when players are sh**ing out of tackles and hiding. Not Murtys fault.

Feel very very sorry for him.

Struggling for composure looked like he had been and still was crying.

What on earth is going on behind the scenes that he is left in this position and indeed so emotional.

At least somebody in our club understands the full implications of losing matches, The guy looks severely stressed out obviously this level of management is not for him at the moment and the board by their inaction are in affect hanging him out to dry.

He should pull himself together before doing an interview to be honest. I don't want to see anyone from Rangers looking like that. Get angry and make change, don't get visibly upset.

Yeah he looks bitterly disappointed.

Carries himself very well but he’s never a football manager, I do have a degree of sympathy for him given the circumstances. But I also lose a bit of sympathy when I see him refuse to make common sense decisions like take Miller out.
It’s clearly the Miller show in the background. No doubt got the ear of someone on the Board. I do feel sorry for Murty.

Seriously he sees the youth on a daily basis as hes head of the development squad
Its quite simple he is not cut out for management or football !

Behave yourself. The guy has a decent career as a player and has his hands tied behind his back when it comes to right now. How you can judge him on two short spells using someone else's players is beyond me.

I am not saying he is cut out to the the Rangers manager or anything but that comment is ridiculous and shows a lack of any knowledge about football yourself.

At least he cares about our club as well, I never seen Pedro or Warburton get that upset and angry after a loss.

My mind keeps going back to a picture of Kenny Miller and Dave King laughing and smiling together at one of Pedro's last games - can't remember which one. There's clearly something seriously wrong behind the scenes at Rangers that needs sorting out.
I think a big part of it with regard to the team is Miller.

As I said last week, there is something very far wrong in that dressing room, and has been long before Murty walked into it.

I really hope some of these players feel utterly ashamed of themselves today, but I doubt it.

I'm not surprised Murty was upset at that. He's worked with these players for a few weeks now and despite his best efforts he is confronted with a half arsed, cowardly performance like that. They let him down and after all the talk of angry players after Hamilton, turned in as gutless, sloppy and lazy performance as I have ever seen.

Maybe the players dont fancy Murty and want to pick yet another manager.

It's obviously a time of uncertainty for the players. I would have thought that if they wanted to still be here with a new manager. now is the time to dig in and show what they can do.
Instead we get the tortured genius routine. Last night I found myself thinking, 'Who in the %^*& do some of these players think they are'

The fact that they did not dig in and fight makes it clear to me some of them don't want to be here.

That means a clear out in January.

The guy is carrying all our expectation and is in effect an apprentice doing a mans job.

He's one of very few actually showing hurt and he clearly has pride.

I think he realises he's not good enough now and knows it's the same shite squad at any new managers disposal.

The enormity of the task ahead is sinking in and it's fu(kin hurting him like it has all of us.

While he's not exempt from criticism, he does not deserve a lot of the flack he has had.

The man is a credit to our club and will oversee a good production of youth.

I do have a high degree of sympathy for him.

This is spot on. I really hope that this whole situation once resolved doesn’t put a sour taste in his mouth. Ideally we want stability at youth level especially when the current set up is somewhat of a shining light during this very bleak period.

I hope Murty remains with us for years to come. He really does seem to understand the enormity of the club.

Coaches like him learn from experience. He may also be a better man manager than tactician, which is what is required for our youngsters.

I feel really sorry for Murty. The board have placed him in an impossible position, I just hope it doesn't affect him when he returns to coaching the youths.

Pedro dropped miller , miller is seen talking to dave king, 4 days later pedro is sacked miller is back in the team and captain that's not just coincidence it's obvious that miller thinks he can do what he wants , has murty been told to pick him or is he picking himself?
You forgot to add that in those subsequent 4 days we lost to Motherwell and drew at home to Killie, had Pedro beaten both as he should have he would still have a job, and there would not have been 1 iota that KM could have did about it, and we would not be discussing any new manager.

To elaborate on my OP

Graham Murty has seen a disinterested disgrace of a Rangers team pumped 2-1 at Dundee earlier this year under his watch.

Why so upset this time round ?

Whats going on ?

As I said last week, there is something very far wrong in that dressing room, and has been long before Murty walked into it.

I really hope some of these players feel utterly ashamed of themselves today, but I doubt it.

I'm not surprised Murty was upset at that. He's worked with these players for a few weeks now and despite his best efforts he is confronted with a half arsed, cowardly performance like that. They let him down and after all the talk of angry players after Hamilton, turned in as gutless, sloppy and lazy performance as I have ever seen.

It's obviously a time of uncertainty for the players. I would have thought that if they wanted to still be here with a new manager. now is the time to dig in and show what they can do.
Instead we get the tortured genius routine. Last night I found myself thinking, 'Who in the %^*& do some of these players think they are'

The fact that they did not dig in and fight makes it clear to me some of them don't want to be here.

I agree. I actually wondered if that is what is putting off a new manager. If even half the rumours are true then we have huge problems with this team. (I dont know anything btw just going by stuff I see on social media)

What on earth is going on behind the scenes that he is left in this position and indeed so emotional.

Hrs just a guy who wears his heart on his sleave an emotional guy

Carries himself very well but he’s never a football manager, I do have a degree of sympathy for him given the circumstances. But I also lose a bit of sympathy when I see him refuse to make common sense decisions like take Miller out.

What choice does he have? Only a couple of games ago Miller was fantastic V Hearts.

With the poor form and now injury to Morelos, we have no strikers. The midfield don’t exactly chip in with goals either.

Murty’s desperate to do well. Absolutely desperate do to well but he’s not got the players at his disposal. Half of them are sh1te.

No wonder, he gave these guys the go-ahead to express themselves again they let themselves, us and him down! Sad but true Kenny is not the answer as Captain nor having a free role on the park! Clearly, all is not well in the dressing room?

You forgot to add that in those subsequent 4 days we lost to Motherwell and drew at home to Killie, had Pedro beaten both as he should have he would still have a job, and there would not have been 1 iota that KM could have did about it, and we would not be discussing any new manager.
I think pedro had to go , he was lucky to survive the European debacle but it must be hard when you're being undermined by one of the most senior players
The fact that after behaving in this way.he's then brought back as captain was weak behaviour from murty miller should have followed pedro out the door

Where to start? First of Murty has done his best with a bunch of duds signed by a dud manager who was given money we didn’t have to waste on third rate Mexican and Portuguese players by a board who are now clearly also duds.

Add to that the Kenny situation he has been off form or time has caught him since the get go this season. He deserved to be dropped in that Pedro was right. He came back did well v Hearts and has reverted to being too old or off form since. His cosy chat with King was simply weird. Now someone aside from Miller and Pedro know the score we don’t. Add in the McInnes stuff which to me feels like he knows more than is being said so is there another major problem behind the scenes either a power struggle or a cash issue? All of this does not feel right and indicates we’ll do well to be in the top 6 not that a top 6 finish is any form of success.

[
To elaborate on my OP

Graham Murty has seen a disinterested disgrace of a Rangers team pumped 2-1 at Dundee earlier this year under his watch.

Why so upset this time round ?

Whats going on ?

That is a really good point which is being overlooked.

A week ago Murty told everyone that he wanted the job. At the very least he was happy to stick at it until the end of the season if needed.

A week later he's an emotional wreck at the end of a 2-1 defeat. Not disappointed. Not just upset. That man's bottom lip was quivering and he had clearly been crying. He had emotionally broken down.

Something is clearly not right there.

I don't think that it is the Boards or Murty's fault for the last two games. The fault lies with the players he selected or had selected for him. At present, we have two wee boys in midfield and a makepiece defence with Wilson who couldn't tackle a fish supper and another wee boy beside him. Our right back is too busy chasing up and down the wing to be bothered defending and we have yet another wee boy at left back. Our forward line consists of Morolos who is badly off form and Miller who is too old and never stays where he is supposed to.The less we say about The Accrington Stanley player the better.

I sincerely hope that the new manager, whoever he is clears this lot of has beens and never wasers out of Ibrox and brings in fighters. If Pena is that bad he can't even get half a game , get rid of him.Niko is slow but he has skill and vision yet he can't even get a substitute's job

We need someone to clean out the stables and if it takes an Augean flood to do it then so be it.

I feel really sorry for Murty but he has caused a lot of his issues bringing Miller straight back in and naming him captain he should also be having absolutely nothing to do with first team coaching or picking players.

Murty isn't a manager his apparent break down last night proved it.

Some people are leaders some are Sheep Murty is the latter.

Either announce a manager or our in a Caretaker i.e. Some one like McLeish.

he watched a team going through the motions last night,, half arsed passing, ,absolutely zero movement or mobility, a weak ,spineless gutless shower was what he got last night

And he did nothing about it

This is where the rubber meets the road for a Rangers manager

You cannot be crippled by fear of failing

When more than 5 players are not performing you have to change it

Other teams have figured out how to finish their chances and close the game out and we continually make it easy for them to do so.

I like Murty he wears his heart on his sleeve and is an honest guy but last night told me he’s nowhere near ready or experienced enough to take us forward.

Boo bloody hoo, Murty knew the script when he took the interim position on so I am sure its well within his contractual rights to tell the board he is no longer continuing in the interim positon..
Was had none of this when he won the 1st 2 games, he was actually considering himself for the gig full time.
I bet he is not as upset as I am with the dross his team are playing at present.
However as I said yesterday, if this is the pish he is coming out what confidence does that give the team of players he is managing - NONE.

Could only now bring myself to watch this.
Hard not to feel sorry for him.
At least he cares although personally I think he should be fcukin raging instead of crying.
The players should be taken to gullane and given the Jock Wallace treatment with Miller doing the dunes with Pena on his back.

Looking objectively at the situation, the squad we currently have has the pedigree to be easily 2nd best in the country even without a recognised manager .
The heartless lazy cnuts are letting everybody down. Once players dictate what happens in the dressing room there is only one outcome.

I don't blame Murty or the board for doing what they think is best. What I do blame the board for is no clarity for the fans.
Just tell us the latest even if bad news, most will understand.
The few who dont will be the ones who are never happy.

What I don't get is why the board even asked Murty to step in again. It was clear from his last stint that he wasn't up to the task. I would have thought Jonathan Johansson was much better choice as caretaker?

Can't believe that result. But you see Murtys pain. The players are a disgrace. They need a manager who has a reputation for them to respect. They obviously didn't respect Pedro. It looks like they don't respect Murty either or the fans.... It's just a job for them... I'd give my right arm and both my nuts to play for Rangers, without pay. That's the difference. We don't have that in our team anymore.

I'd like to know who didn't respect Pedro - because against Hamilton every player rushed over to him when we scored.

As far as we know, Miller was the issue and in all honesty, he can piss off in my eyes. He made Pedro's job much harder than it needed to be by running his mouth and leaking info to the media etc.

One of the most selfish players we've ever had.

He picks the team and sets the tactics and we have lost to Dundee and Hamilton , frankly I don’t care if he is upset, it appears he is picking guys who he knows well and would give him bother if he left them out.

I'd like to know who didn't respect Pedro - because against Hamilton every player rushed over to him when we scored.

As far as we know, Miller was the issue and in all honesty, he can piss off in my eyes. He made Pedro's job much harder than it needed to be by running his mouth and leaking info to the media etc.

One of the most selfish players we've ever had.
One player rushed over and hugged Pedro. The rest followed and didn't bother to join in. It was more than Kenny Miller ffs. Wake up. Are you surprised Murty gave the players another day off like Warburton did? Pedro had them training 6 days per week.

He picks the team and sets the tactics and we have lost to Dundee and Hamilton , frankly I don’t care if he is upset, it appears he is picking guys who he knows well and would give him bother if he left them out.
You think he wants to be there? The man's pride must be in tatters. The fact he is showing emotion shows you he actually cares. The players let him down which is why he is clearly upset. Give the guy a break. The board have put him in that position. He's a coach, that's his job.

Murty's biggest mistake was making Miller captain when he took over.

We will probably never know the truth about what went on in the background, but it was clear that via agent statements and via his mrs Kenny was making his displeasure known, which would not have been 100% agreed with by his colleagues who may have sympathy with the manager at the time.

To name Kenny captain just polarised two camps within the dressing room and is a move that, in my opinion, didn't have to be made, and an experienced manager would not have made.

Back