Graph charting Jack Grealish's play

No doubt this boy has ability, but watching him against City last weekend he looked lost.

Not sure he's as good as most people think he is, I think McGinn is more important to Villa.

Talented player but I can see him being Villas answer to Matt Le Tissier and seeing out his career there. Don’t see where he fits in at a top six club at the moment

Just watched a thing on Andy Gray talking about him on Bein Sports this afternoon. Gray reckons he'll have a decision to make at the end of the season, and said he believes he's better than some of the players at the top clubs and someone may take a chance on him.
I'll be honest, I've not seen that much of him. I watched a few youtube clips today (I know, I know) and he looks to be a very talented boy. Bit of vision and dribbling ability, and a good shot. He's a different player to most English players, and actually reminds me a bit of Totti in the way that he moves and just his general demeanour.

Talented player but I can see him being Villas answer to Matt Le Tissier and seeing out his career there. Don’t see where he fits in at a top six club at the moment

If Villa are relegated this season he'll be daft to hang around, if he does he could easily end up as you say.

He dives a lot IMO, in the Petrov style for the tims, he's halfway down as soon as he picks up the ball.

Good player though, they'd be in even worse state without him

I think he is one player who could flourish unbelievably under someone like Pep. He is a very talented boy.

giphy.gif

No doubt this boy has ability, but watching him against City last weekend he looked lost.

Not sure he's as good as most people think he is, I think McGinn is more important to Villa.
I have actually seen him play at Villa Park. He was the only Villa player who showed up. He always wanted the ball. Scored from outside the box - a shot into the postage stamp corner of the goal. He reminded me of Totti. If Villa get relegated he will leave and be taken by a top 4 club in the EPL for an enormous fee.

He is a good player, as is Maddison but when I see reports saying the worlds biggest club in Man Utd are debating which to go for I think to myself where’s the debate go for fucking Dybala.

He’s a gallas wee character but not got the discipline tactically or positionally and doesn’t score regular enough. Christ imagine what a young Ian Durrant would be worth if him and Maddison are touted as £50m

He is a good player, as is Maddison but when I see reports saying the worlds biggest club in Man Utd are debating which to go for I think to myself where’s the debate go for fucking Dybala.

Juve were happy to sell him in the summer but it looks like he's signing a new contract.

It shows that he's by far the most fouled player per 90 minutes, and right up the top end for duels won per 90 minutes.
He is brilliant as sucking players in then shifting the ball away and he gets so many free kicks from it.

No chance.

McGinn has nowhere near Grealish's ability. He just runs about a lot.
They are different types of player , for me McGinns work rate and all round game is much better than what Grealish offers , and To say he’s nowhere near his ability is strange when McGinn plays in the same midfield as him. Also McGinns score 9 goals since last season for them , Grealish has 21 since 2012. Your hyping up Grealish because the English press tell you he’s good.

Juve were happy to sell him in the summer but it looks like he's signing a new contract.

But he was out the picture last season and perhaps at the beginning of this one. The two I mentioned are good players, Dybala is a great player and surely Man Utd should be going after the great players?

They are different types of player , for me McGinns work rate and all round game is much better than what Grealish offers , and To say he’s nowhere near his ability is strange when McGinn plays in the same midfield as him. Also McGinns score 9 goals since last season for them , Grealish has 21 since 2012. Your hyping up Grealish because the English press tell you he’s good.

His all round game isn't much better. Work rate is his much overesteemed running about a lot. Grealish is a better passer, better dribbler and more creative.

Playing in the same team as someone doesn't mean you're as good a player as them. Nicky Butt played in the same team as Paul Scholes, he was nowhere near him ability wise.

Scoring goals isn't some ultimate indicator of a midfielder's quality but we're taking league goals since last season as the marker. Grealish has 12, McGinn has 9. So in your reasoning Grealish must be better. Grealish never really broke into the Aston Villa team until season 14/15, he was 17 in 2012. However, if we're looking up past stats as bad and you value goalscoring highly, McGinn managed 7 goals in 65 Scottish Championship games. Nicky Law had 11 in 54 so Nicky Law must also be better than him. That's how ridiculous comparing goals scored for midfielders is.

I'm not hyping up Grealish because of the English press, I'm saying he's a better player than John McGinn because I think it's true.

His all round game isn't much better. Work rate is his much overesteemed running about a lot. Grealish is a better passer, better dribbler and more creative.

Playing in the same team as someone doesn't mean you're as good a player as them. Nicky Butt played in the same team as Paul Scholes, he was nowhere near him ability wise.

Scoring goals isn't some ultimate indicator of a midfielder's quality but we're taking league goals since last season as the marker. Grealish has 12, McGinn has 9. So in your reasoning Grealish must be better. Grealish never really broke into the Aston Villa team until season 14/15, he was 17 in 2012. However, if we're looking up past stats as bad and you value goalscoring highly, McGinn managed 7 goals in 65 Scottish Championship games. Nicky Law had 11 in 54 so Nicky Law must also be better than him. That's how ridiculous comparing goals scored for midfielders is.

I'm not hyping up Grealish because of the English press, I'm saying he's a better player than John McGinn because I think it's true.
Entitled to your opinion that Grealish , but saying McGinn just runs about ( the guy was linked with Man Utd for 40 million a few months back ) and bringing Nicky law into the conversation is a ridiculous comment and shows how much you know about the game.

Entitled to your opinion that Grealish , but saying McGinn just runs about ( the guy was linked with Man Utd for 40 million a few months back ) and bringing Nicky law into the conversation is a ridiculous comment and shows how much you know about the game.

Man Utd get linked with a different midfielder every week, most of it a lot of nonsense. They're also a football club that employs Phil Jones.

Nah, mentioning Nicky Law shows how utterly facile is to compare goals scored by midfielders. Especially ones at a early part of their career. Which is what you brought to the table as statistical analysis.

Latest posts

Back