Great achievement from Gerrard

TheMilster

To start the qualifiers on 12th of July and take us into the last game with a chance of going through is beyond anyone’s wildest imagination.

Been a rollercoaster had the chance to snatch a win v Villareal away, good performance and great atmosphere v Rapid at Ibrox, more of it next season, we had it in our hands v Spartak away and the Morelos goal wrongly chopped off would have destroyed them.

Losing Kent when he was playing really well and losing DC to suspension hurt badly limiting our options going forward.

14 games 6 wins 6 draws 2 losses not bad for a rookie manager.

Gerrard knows exactly what he needs and a higher calibration of player will be brought in, in the next two windows.

I am a proud Rangers supporter who realised that he is going to need more than 1 window to get things right, it’s not about numbers but the quality that now needs added, back to league business and 3 points on Sunday.

Really enjoyed the European run, although it was frustrating at times and it's certainly whet my appetite for more next season.

Hopefully by then we'll have a bit more quality in the side to enable us to progress that little bit further.

I have to agree OP, for an under 18s coach, he is doing alright.
The run in Europe, including an unbeaten run of 11 games(?) was such a massive jump from Progres. Rangers have had some pride restored, and will go on and improve. The team will gain lots from the experience and hopefully do better next season.
The game at Ibrox v Rapid is what Rangers European nights was all about.
Thanks Stevie, keep learning and improving and we will be back on top before long.

Back