Great gesture from Motherwell - Free 21/22 season tickets for those who bought one for 20/21

Fantastic gesture. No idea how they can afford it but fair play to them. Didn't Hearts promise something similar to ST holders last Summer as well?

how many season ticket holders? a few thousand? yeah great gesture i guess, us or the muhtants do it that's a whole new ball game. Tbf i dont like mwell so my views are tainted.

fair play to them that is a great gesture.

Don't expect us to do the same however there should be something to mark the generosity of the fans who took out a season ticket this season - for example the champions wall could have been a thank you to this years season ticket holders rather than having to pay £45 for it.

Don't expect us to do the same however there should be something to mark the generosity of the fans who took out a season ticket this season - for example the champions wall could have been a thank you to this years season ticket holders rather than having to pay £45 for it.
There's no room for sentiment at a time like this. Motherwell can afford to do this because they pay their shite players buttons and are happy just to stay in the league. We're paying quality players top dollar to get us to the CL.

Love to see stuff like this regardless of the club.
Football is for the fans, it’s nice to see loyalty rewarded.

We won’t, can’t and probably shouldn’t do it ourselves.
We should do something though, at the end of the day 40 odd thousand folk essentially donated 500+ to the club last year and in essence we are potentially doing the same this coming season.

tumblr_py9jcvfzi91s9a9yjo1_500.gif

Credit where it’s due. Very generous of them. Not sure how many season tickets they sell but if people were buying them last year those people would probably have bought them again this year so it will definitely cost the club some money. But it shows they value their season ticket holders.

I don’t expect rangers to do the same due to the numbers involved but it’s good to see a club that appreciates their fans.

Or mygers could have been cheaper/free for ST holders.

We were robbed to our bones by crooks. Started again financially. Poor fans, wealthy fans all put in. I'm uncomfortable even thinking of asking our board of fans to give us freebies and then they need to put in more if their money. That's no right. Well done Motherwell. We donate more to Rangers charity than this will cost them.

Accy Stanley offered me half the price back midway through the season and I got every home league game for free on ifollow. I didn't take the refund and it would have cost me more to buy the home games on ifollow than my full price season ticket.

There's no room for sentiment at a time like this. Motherwell can afford to do this because they pay their shite players buttons and are happy just to stay in the league. We're paying quality players top dollar to get us to the CL.
TBF, we’re taking the piss asking folk for the guts of £50 to get a passport photo sized image of themselves on a wall. Should’ve been a perk of early season ticket renewal or MyGers renewal.

Sorry can’t stick these threads lauding up folk that hate us.
It’s obviously not hurting then much or they wouldn’t do it. Anyone believing this philanthropical stuff needs their melon examined.

TBF, we’re taking the piss asking folk for the guts of £50 to get a passport photo sized image of themselves on a wall. Should’ve been a perk of early season ticket renewal or MyGers renewal.
Let’s be cautious and say that’s 20,000 folk @ £50 (probably more).

Thats a bit more than a ‘gesture’ mate.

Or mygers could have been cheaper/free for ST holders.
MyGers was set up to get additional revenue into the club coffers.
From a financial point of view it brought a million pounds in to the budget.
Giving away 46,500 free or cheap memberships doesn’t make great commercial sense :)

I'm guessing their season ticket uptake was pretty measly last season due to COVID.

It's not as grand as some are making out.

Probably no more than a few hundred.

Giving away 46,500 free or cheap memberships doesn’t make great commercial sense :)
For a one off year it would have been a good gesture. They would still have sold some to non season ticket holders and probably would have boosted mygers renewals the following year

I'm guessing their season ticket uptake was pretty measly last season due to COVID.

It's the gesture that's the main point as they've given something back to their fans. The amount of ST holders is all relative to the size of club.

Tremendous gesture from Motherwell.Given the numbers involved i think it would be impossible for us to expect the same although some form of acknowledgement would be appreciated by a lot of fans.

It’s always puzzled me why - assuming that as we’ve been told the club is insured re monetary losses incurred by a pandemic - the club wanted s/t payments for season 20/21.

Doesn’t compute.

Fair play, a rancid club with a tramp of a manager, a prick for a chairman, and their ultras are total weapons, but fair play.

They had 3500 confirmed sales last season and had a push on to get it to a new record of circa 4500. What we don’t know is how many of that number were kids £20 season tickets.

I've already asked a few of my Motherwell mates if i can have their free ticket for when we come to town.
East Stand Loyal :))

It’s always puzzled me why - assuming that as we’ve been told the ckub is insured re monetary losses incurred by a pandemic - the cob wanted s/t payments for season 20/21.

Doesn’t compute.
If you mean Rangers, we don’t know if the insurance carried over into this season. We don’t know if it had a payout ceiling. The only thing we know for sure is that we had a partial payout last season and we were in discussions about more. Nothing more.

Credit where it’s due. Very generous of them. Not sure how many season tickets they sell but if people were buying them last year those people would probably have bought them again this year so it will definitely cost the club some money. But it shows they value their season ticket holders.

A 'google' search reveals 3,800 season ticket holders at Motherwell.
Obviously don't know if this is accurate!
But, well done them. I

For a one off year it would have been a good gesture. They would still have sold some to non season ticket holders and probably would have boosted mygers renewals the following year
If we were that well off that we could do that,why not reduce all season tickets by £50 this year.
We need every revenue stream we can to bring in money.

A 'google' search reveals 3,800 season ticket holders at Motherwell.
Obviously don't know if this is accurate!
But, well done them. I
I would be surprised if that was for this current (covid )season and not last season.
My guess would be that the numbers who bought this season is a lot lower than that and that is why they are doing this initiative.
I don’t like Motherwell as a club but it is a decent gesture to some of their fans.

Let’s be cautious and say that’s 20,000 folk @ £50 (probably more).

Thats a bit more than a ‘gesture’ mate.

As far as I'm aware, it is a temporary structure. You're better paying an extra tenner and getting a brick at the stadium and you know it'll be there forever. If I think back to the fan mosaic I think that was around about a tenner. The Champions wall comes at a time where fans are renewing their ST and then mygers on top of that, it's a bit of an excessive cost.

Each to their own though!

I would be surprised if that was for this current (covid )season and not last season.
My guess would be that the numbers who bought this season is a lot lower than that and that is why they are doing this initiative.
I don’t like Motherwell as a club but it is a decent gesture to some of their fans.
It’s for the current season mate. This was an update and sales were ongoing with a push to get to 4500.

It’s always puzzled me why - assuming that as we’ve been told the club is insured re monetary losses incurred by a pandemic - the club wanted s/t payments for season 20/21.

Doesn’t compute.
Because, and I'm getting my tin hat on here, we are merely customers, and any opportunity to milk is for money will be taken.

We may see ourselves as fans with a deeper connection to the club, but that just makes us all the more gullible and easier to fleece. The £7.50 bar of chocolate is a perfect example for me.

As far as I'm aware, it is a temporary structure. You're better paying an extra tenner and getting a brick at the stadium and you know it'll be there forever. If I think back to the fan mosaic I think that was around about a tenner. The Champions wall comes at a time where fans are renewing their ST and then mygers on top of that, it's a bit of an excessive cost.

Each to their own though!
As I say with all these things, none of it is compulsory. Nobody has to buy into the Wall. Nobody has to have a brick. Nobody has to pay to watch the POTY. Nobody has to keep buying stuff from the Rangers Shop.

It is, literally, each to their own as you say. You have a choice. Too many looking for a ‘thank you’ or a ‘gesture’.

That's true mate but by the same rationale the fans have paid a lot up front for a partial season and a completely fan-less season.

We don't get a lot in return for mygers and you can guarantee the prices will rise in the coming seasons.

Don’t forget though, for a lot of folk, MyGers is an extra expense for something they previously got on a season ticket at no extra charge (priority for semis and finals) beyond that you have the away scheme of course which I don’t know a lot about in terms of previous charges compared to MyGers. What else of substance has MyGers provided? Or will it provide?
Webinars etc are good, even though a lot of them were adverts for gin :)

Back