Great Rangers goals even though we lost.

the nowhere man

We all remember great goals that won us leagues,cups and old firm games but what about great goals scored in games we lost.

I will start with
2016 Andy Halliday v Hibs in the Scottish cup final a great goal but probably means nothing to the player.

Laudrup in a cup defeat at Tynecastle.
Novo in a last minute defeat at the piggery and a Champions League loss to Sevilla.

Ness v Celtic at Ibrox in the cup was a cracker. Didn’t lose the game, but lost the tie, so counts?

For me the goal in Berne was a little special. Davis had a really intelligent and subtle touch before it gets to Barisic, who plays the perfect ball for Morelos to roll his man and then a composed finish. Just a great move showing all 3 players individual qualities.

And as already said, Hallidays screamer in the cup final. Not seen it since and probably never will. Unforgivable day, still sick thinking about it.

We all remember great goals that won us leagues,cups and old firm games but what about great goals scored in games we lost.

I will start with
2016 Andy Halliday v Hibs in the Scottish cup final a great goal but probably means nothing to the player.
Alfredo in Moscow last season It was wrongly disallowed too. Beauty.

Davie Cooper free kick against Hibs in the second leg of the league cup. Broomloan Road end. Won the game but lost the tie, so might sneak in on a technicality!

Sure we missed a penalty in that tie too.

Slightly off topic but I remember super Ally scoring one of the best goals I've ever seen at the sheep's place beginning of season 87/88. Still don't know to this day why it was disallowed. We lost 2-0.

Gio against Galatasaray was my first thought.. then a few mentioned already, cuo final, Moscow etc

Novos v Sevilla was the first one I thought of.

Hemdani v Osasuna on a technicality (we lost the tie)

Back