Great story from amidst the hurricane

gorams_glayva

Early today got a facebook post from one of the Ft Lauderdale members asking if there were any gas stations open in the area. Apparently a German couple on vacation, who were in the next hotel room to a couple of members of Toronto Number 1 RSC visiting said FT Lauderdale bears had been told to evacuate ( to where they didnt know?) and needed gas for the car. German couple were obviously quite distressed at the utter chaos going on in FL right now. Gas stations closed and out of gas, hundreds of thousands of people heading North... these were just a couple on holiday put in quite a situation.

Anyway this evening... the couple are housed at one of the FT Lauderdale Bears apartments, have been dined on fish and chips...and are the formative members of the new Jorg Albertz Loyal :) God Bless the Ft L Bears

Hope they're feeling better about things mate. Terrible situation.

We're flying to fl in a couple weeks. Hope we can join that hospitality and buy you a beer when the fitba is on.

My mums mate flew out to Florida Earlier this week for a holiday!

Couldn't believe it when she told me but apparently if the flights have not been cancelled you dont get a refund so they decided to go.

They are going with kids and grand kids. Think i would have taken the hit money wise, not worth the risk for me.

Brilliant gesture, can't imagine what those folk are going through. We moan about a bit of rain but that is on a different level all together.

Back