Greatest assist by a Rangers player

Loads of great shouts.

Still leaning towards Davo it must be said.

He’s up against Beckham, Gerrard, and Lampard, and he’s done that. It’s an assist of the highest calibre on every level.

Was it ryan jacks pass from half way line to candieias in a friendly beginning of season? Cracking pass

In my time of watching Rangers (since 2011) I loved Weiss' assist in the League Cup Final vs Celtic to set up Jelavic to score the winner. More recently Kent's assist to Ryan Jack against Celtic at Ibrox was class IMO.

Before my time, but I've seen footage of Davie Cooper waltzing past about 5 men and then laying it on a plate for Robert Fleck (I think) to score a simple tap in.

It was definitely a midweek European game, if any older Bears can help?

Incredible skill.

Lives Tampere in the UEFA Cup in Souness's first season.
The only reason anyone would pick a different winner as best assist is they haven't seen it.

Sheer genius.

Lives Tampere in the UEFA Cup in Souness's first season.
The only reason anyone would pick a different winner as best assist is they haven't seen it.

Sheer genius.

I like when you agree with me on things like this mate.

It gives my suggestion some serious credibility. :))

Cooper to Durrant against the soapdodgers . Not even f*cking looking !!!

If you look up sublime in the dictionary , Coopers pass would be the description

Saves me posting this. Just perfect! I always remember Davie Cooper on the end-of-season video saying how he'd laid it on a platter for Durrant to score and the wee bugger ignored him in the celebrations after :))

You could have a thread just for the best Davie Cooper assist.

Tampere, which for me was the most jaw dropping of them all.

The reverse pass to Durrant v Celtic at Ibrox.
Another for Durrant that season v Hearts when he beat a couple defenders spun round and threaded the ball through.
His pass inside the full back for John Macdonald in the 81 cup final replay.

He was inconsistent, he could only use 1 foot, but by God what a footballer.

Another Davie Cooper cup final assist that hasn't been mentioned was his wee pass that sent Iain Ferguson through to score the only goal of the game against the dirty Arabs in 83ish.
A mention for a non Rangers all time classic assist - Willie Carr's donkey kick free-kick for Ernie Hunt to score a cracker.

Before my time, but I've seen footage of Davie Cooper waltzing past about 5 men and then laying it on a plate for Robert Fleck (I think) to score a simple tap in.

It was definitely a midweek European game, if any older Bears can help?

Incredible skill.

think it was against a Finnish team in a UEFA cup round. Also think it was more than 5 players, 8 if I remember correctly but it’s been a year since I watched the video. Think the joke around the goal was Cooper is meant to have asked Fleck if he’d put the ball the right way up for him.

Not the best but Amato v Celtic is worth a mention for Wallace’s goal. Absolutely destroyed Stubbs and McNamara.

Cooper to Durrant against the soapdodgers . Not even f*cking looking !!!

If you look up sublime in the dictionary , Coopers pass would be the description

That was the goal that gave birth to the "Davie could open a tin of peas with that left foot" comment.

Genius.

Back