Greg Docherty - Edinburgh news snippet

That's the point though we're playing terrible and Gerrard has loaned a player out who's starring against the same teams we are struggling against

Agree we've been playing terrible but he was assessed at the time and out on loan. Nobody bothered about and basiclly said good luck.

As I said, if we hadn't been so shit it would have been 'Ahh, I Greg Doherty is doing well, good on him' type posts and that's it. Now we think he's the second coming.

a goal scoring run all day midfielder who has been around the spfl (thats where we play) for years.
Who went out on loan and excelled
Who has gone on loan again and again excelled playing against the same teams we are struggling against.

Ach but its ok we have Barker Jones Ojo Kamara instead.

a goal scoring run all day midfielder who has been around the spfl (thats where we play) for years.
Who went out on loan and excelled
Who has gone on loan again and again excelled playing against the same teams we are struggling against.

Ach but its ok we have Barker Jones Ojo Kamara instead.

A question only the manager can answer. Sang his praises at all times yet has proven to be highly reluctant to use him.

Agree we've been playing terrible but he was assessed at the time and out on loan. Nobody bothered about and basiclly said good luck.

As I said, if we hadn't been so shit it would have been 'Ahh, I Greg Doherty is doing well, good on him' type posts and that's it. Now we think he's the second coming.

I know we have so many better players.

FFS he is twice the player with twice the heart and attitude of most certainly Barker Jones Kamara Ojo.

Im fekd if I Know whats going on with GREG and SG but its certainly got nothing to do with football ability.

I know we have so many better players.

FFS he is twice the player with twice the heart and attitude of most certainly Barker Jones Kamara Ojo.

Im fekd if I Know whats going on with GREG and SG but its certainly got nothing to do with football ability.

For me, I can understand why he isn't a key player & regular starter.

The fact he wasn't even considered when Davis was injured, when Arfield's been blowing out of his backside or when Kamara's form has dipped is a total mystery.

Wouldn't even be mentioned if we were still playing well.
obviously

But we are playing shit

The guys getting in the team are for the most part playing shit.
But they can play as shit as they want because the replacements are worse.

Right now Greg would be in the team before Davis and Jack.
And when /if those 2 find form than he is great back up, a quite scandalous decision to send him out on loan while we struggle.

Once again the on loan Rangers midfielder played a starring role for Hibs in their 1-1 draw with Livingston at Easter Road. His influence is that of Stephane Omeonga this time last year. He tested Robby McCrorie early on after a fine driving run, nearly laid on a goal with a fantastic cross-pass and then set up Christian Doidge for the opening goal.

The 23-year-old truly has added another dimension to the Hibs team. He is so effective at taking the ball from A to B with his surging runs, while he is the type of passer fans in Scotland enjoy. His first thought is always ‘can I play forward’. Docherty is making Hibs a fearsome opponent on the counter-attack.

I have placed the bit in bold I find interesting. Was also something that cropped up on Shropshire news.

If we sell for under 1m I expect to see this lad go for multiples of this in the future.

Dont know why SG does not rate.
As he develops and gets more game time as an influential midfield player, and shows that he can dominate and change games in the league that we play in, then hopefully Stevie G will change his mind.
We don't need more of the same sort of midfield player, we do need a different type of midfield option because Scottish teams can offer different challenges from Europe.

To be honest, I would have young Shankland in the squad as well, he would score the goals inside the box as the ball bobbles around, that we don't seem to be scoring at present.
Kris Boyd did this job in Scotland, whilst he wasn't always the first pick in Europe.
We need variety in the squad because the challenges that Stevie G wants to be prepared for in Europe, suddenly become a different beast in domestic football.

I watcjed their game at the weekend given we had 2 players on show. If anyone tells you Docherty was very good...they are at it. He was bang average for most of the game bar his simple cross.

For me I see this as Doc saying I told you so. He's been running the midfield in every game since his loan move to hibs and that won't go unnoticed by the gaffer. I think if he keeps going the way he is then Gerrard can't ignore him next season. He will be a great replacement for Davis

Once again the on loan Rangers midfielder played a starring role for Hibs in their 1-1 draw with Livingston at Easter Road. His influence is that of Stephane Omeonga this time last year. He tested Robby McCrorie early on after a fine driving run, nearly laid on a goal with a fantastic cross-pass and then set up Christian Doidge for the opening goal.

The 23-year-old truly has added another dimension to the Hibs team. He is so effective at taking the ball from A to B with his surging runs, while he is the type of passer fans in Scotland enjoy. His first thought is always ‘can I play forward’. Docherty is making Hibs a fearsome opponent on the counter-attack.

I have placed the bit in bold I find interesting. Was also something that cropped up on Shropshire news.

If we sell for under 1m I expect to see this lad go for multiples of this in the future.

If we are making predictions I don't see GD ever going for multi millions-probably a good player at a certain level but nowhere near what we need.

Alternatively it's maybe possible our manager who was a world class midfielder himself can't see something the experts on here can.

Best of luck to the lad and I know we are struggling but inspiring Hibs to 1-1 draw at home against Livingston isn't a great achievement.

Because he wasn't in his gang unfortunately

I agree with you. However the bit in bold hits the nail on the head his first thought is to go forward that won’t do for Gerard’s Rangers all out players are coached to go backwards or square and keep the tempo slow and bore the pants off us fans !

I'll wait and see how it pans out. How many players have left us loan or otherwise, played out their skin for a few games then die a death, eventually ending up at lower league clubs

The link from the middle driving on feeding into Hagi forward players etc. More dynamism in midfield and as we know scores a few goals. Fit as %^*& as well.
Dont understand why hes not in the squad and pumped out on loan when we have Ojo, Barker and even Kamara to an extent are in there.

The link from the middle driving on feeding into Hagi forward players etc. More dynamism in midfield and as we know scores a few goals. Fit as %^*& as well.
Dont understand why hes not in the squad and pumped out on loan when we have Ojo, Barker and even Kamara to an extent are in there.
This Is exactly how I’d have liked to have seen him used.
All I can think is the decision has already been made and they want to put him in the shop window to attract a buyer.

I think he’ll be back in our squad next season.

Ojo will be gone, Davis and Arfield a year older. Not convinced we should or will sign Hagi

Successful Rangers teams have always had players who are good at playing in our league, with the type of football we are forced into playing.

I think Greg Docherty is one of those types of player. I'm not saying he will be a world beater or excel in Europe, but against bottom six jobber teams he will get stuck in, play them at their own game & make a difference (as he did for Hamilton & now seems to be doing for Hibs).

For example, I'd probably rather have an in-form Kamara playing in Europe in a possession game, with more time on the ball, etc. But on a ploughed field in Perth, I reckon Docherty would give us more.

Successful Rangers teams have always had players who are good at playing in our league, with the type of football we are forced into playing.

I think Greg Docherty is one of those types of player. I'm not saying he will be a world beater or excel in Europe, but against bottom six jobber teams he will get stuck in, play them at their own game & make a difference (as he did for Hamilton & now seems to be doing for Hibs).

For example, I'd probably rather have an in-form Kamara playing in Europe in a possession game, with more time on the ball, etc. But on a ploughed field in Perth, I reckon Docherty would give us more.
Good post, Nelka.
Gerrard and Beale now must accept that with these players a one-approach-fits-all isn't good enough.
I'd like to see him continue to build his concept but he needs to win the awkward games at the same time.

Back