Greg Docherty returns

sheddensbear

On his twitter he thanks Hibs and their fans. Every Hibs fan reply hopes he comes back, obviously made an impression there. I'm not saying we need him or anything, just pointing out he's been a success there (I'd swap him for Kamberi as a bench option or for easier home games)

If we can get £1 million for him he will be sold if not he'll be loaned back to Hibs probably in a swap with Kamberi again

I don't personally feel he's ever been given a proper run of games to prove himself at the club. In saying that, he hasn't exactly stood out when he's had games either.

Don't think he'll be here next season
Gerrard just doesn't rate him.I think he could be a good player to have for Scottish football.But ain't going to happen for him with current management team.

Must admit, I thought we would come to some sort of arrangement whereby both Docherty and Kamberi had their loan deals extended until January.

He has been rubbish any time he has played for us. When you get a chance you need to take it and show something. He started against East Fife in the cup and was rotten. Kamberi has done much more in a Rangers jersey than Greg. Not nice to say as he seems like a good guy, however I feel the Rangers shirt is too heavy for him.

I reckon he'll be moved on but if he were to be kept, I'd like to see him transition to RM/RW squad player. Ball retention and the odd sloppy passes are why he won't ever be a CM for us but his cardio, workrate plus he was a RM for Shrewsbury could be something to take advantage of.

Showed at Hibs that’s he’s improved on the ball and better than any on here give him credit for in that regard.

Watching Gerrard flog Davis game in game out when he had patched Docherty to Hibs was infuriating. I’m not saying he is the answer, but there’s absolutely no doubt that away to places like Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Rugby Park we need workers in midfield and Docherty fits the bill.

I honestly think he’s been treated shockingly. We need to widen up to the fact that it won’t always be pretty football that sees us win games in this league - it’s depressing and says a lot about the game here, but we need more players who can grind the points out.

He’s here, he’s young, he’s got talent, athletically one of the best if not the genuine best in the league. Even as a player off the bench, I wouldn’t let him go unless it’s part of a deal that benefits us.

He has more worth to us than Kamberi does to them.

I wouldnt be doing any straight swap.

Kamberi burned his bridges there.

The exact reason they now hate Kamberi is the same reason we should be in no hurry to give them Doc.

It will be interesting to see if he is loaned out again.
If he does then there is no future with us.
He must be nearing the end of his contract in 2021?

Get him out on loan again, he might have a good season and return a better player or worth a lot more. Look what happened to Christie at Nonce FC.

SG obviously doesn't rate him and he is not going to get any game time with us.
He will be 24 this year so for the sake of his career it's probably better if he finds himself another club.

Everyone slating the boy saying he's not good enough. Maybe that's the case, but he offers something nobody else in our midfield does...and teams are getting use to us playing a basic three in midfield who offer nothing going forward and basically just keep possession.

Showed at Hibs that’s he’s improved on the ball and better than any on here give him credit for in that regard.

Watching Gerrard flog Davis game in game out when he had patched Docherty to Hibs was infuriating. I’m not saying he is the answer, but there’s absolutely no doubt that away to places like Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Rugby Park we need workers in midfield and Docherty fits the bill.

I honestly think he’s been treated shockingly. We need to widen up to the fact that it won’t always be pretty football that sees us win games in this league - it’s depressing and says a lot about the game here, but we need more players who can grind the points out.

He’s here, he’s young, he’s got talent, athletically one of the best if not the genuine best in the league. Even as a player off the bench, I wouldn’t let him go unless it’s part of a deal that benefits us.

Tbf mate, I watched Doc against Hearts for Hibs and he had a very poor game.

Equally, I went down to Shrewsbury to see him a couple of times and he was the best man on the park.

I don't get your comparison with Davis though.

Davis is a deep, holding midfielder, while Docherty is a box to box athletic type of player.

He would struggle in games when teams are defending deep against us, but may offer something when teams come on to us.

I'd love to see him make it with us, but I've got my doubts tbh.

Biggest pre season of his life coming up, whenever that may be.

Thought it was 2022, thats what i was saying.
If loaned out, what happens next summer, to me he would be released with no fee or pay off.
So wages and a million down the drain.

I was suggesting extending his loan until January and then either recalling him then or selling him with 18 months remaining on his contract. He doesn't become 'worthless' at the 12 month point either so why would we release or pay off?

I think he would do someone a good turn in English League 1, maybe make his way into the English Championship eventually.

Probably not good enough for our midfield, had always thought there might be a small outside chance of him getting tried out as a back up utility right back as he does have a good engine.

Ideally though we could use him as a makeweight for another player, as I don’t know how much of a fee we would get for him. Perhaps we could swap him for Ryan Porteous. Not to actually play Porteous obviously, preferred option would be to sign him, lull him into a false sense of security, then have him euthanised. Or even just clubbed over the head. Financially it would be a bad move, but on both a football and human level, we would be doing the Scottish game a service.

Back