Greg Docherty speaks about Arveladze

I didn’t say he was. Given some of the players Gerrard gave opportunities too during the early part of his spell I think Greg was unlucky not to have been involved more.

would you rather play everyone out of niceness, managers going to make mistakes but in Dochertys case he was right.

I agree other players were given a chance that maybe shouldnt.

Good to see him doing well. Think he got a raw deal from Gerrard at times.
I always remember a conversation I had with Graeme Murty. He'd been in my work a couple of times and we just had casual chat, then one day he just started ripping into the squad. Was after a poor performance and result against Killie at Ibrox. Said the only players who had any heart and were showing any passion in the dressing room afterwards were Tav and Docherty. Was slightly astounded he was telling me this stuff, but the way he spoke about Docherty always stuck with me. Said he'd never encountered anyone as professional and determined in his career, and at this point Doc had just turned 21 (I think).

Don’t know if you’ve tried the M&S “best” macaroni cheese? Breadcrumbs over it the lot. Delicious. That and the Tuscan sausage penne are the ones I buy a lot. Thank me later.
Good to see you don’t mind taking the thread off topic.
:)

I always remember a conversation I had with Graeme Murty. He'd been in my work a couple of times and we just had casual chat, then one day he just started ripping into the squad. Was after a poor performance and result against Killie at Ibrox. Said the only players who had any heart and were showing any passion in the dressing room afterwards were Tav and Docherty. Was slightly astounded he was telling me this stuff, but the way he spoke about Docherty always stuck with me. Said he'd never encountered anyone as professional and determined in his career, and at this point Doc had just turned 21 (I think).

Hmmm

I suppose Miller's and Wallace's passion was too much for him.

Sums up this no mark fraud. Slaughter his players to a stranger when he knew there would be no come back to bite him on the arse.

Very happy to see Docherty doing well at Hull and I hope that Shota will be a success there too. Watch the movement for his goal in the Legends' match: much like Ally against AC Milan, the class never leaves you ;)

Back