Greg Docherty take a bow son

I thought the midfield pairing of Docherty and Goss was the best midfield performance I've seen from a Rangers side in ages and its only going to get better, its easy to get carried away but you can sense we are not that far away of achieving silverware again. We are finally staring to apply a little pressure on the sceptic, it will be interesting to see how they react.

He was outstanding. I lost count of the number of times he won the ball back for us during the game and his slide throw ball for Murphy’s goal was class. A real all round midfielder - delighted he signed

I have to admit that I wasn't overly impressed by his first few outings in a Rangers jersey but that's only to be expected...even for a seasoned professional joining a new club.
Game by game he's steadily grown into the role and today he showed us all that he has the potential to be an outstanding player for us.
Well done young man, keep that kind of performance up and you will have that jersey sewn up for many a year to come!

Very good today. He will be a star for us. No doubts about that.

Great passer of a ball and plays with great power and drive.

Excellent midfield display today, covered every inch of Ibrox, strong in the tackle drive team on and passing was tidy, great ball for Murphy to score, keep that going young man.

Very exited indeed about him. Our midfield and wide attackers are top notch. Our defence still gives me the fear though.

Not been impressed with him so far. Today he was what we need. Fucking outstanding performance by the boy. Same goes with Murphy.

He was brilliant a few older guys saying he was like Alex mcdonald[/QUOTE]
Aye, if he can do it week in and week out for a dozen years then you can start to draw comparisons with Doddie - the midfielder with the best 'engine' ever seen in Scottish football.

I thought wee Docherty was terrific today - but let's not get carried away.

He was brilliant a few older guys saying he was like Alex mcdonald
Doddy was more of a goal threat but He's still young. I see more of Steve Davis in him but if he's getting compared with either of those two or Barry Ferguson he's a future star.

He was brilliant a few older guys saying he was like Alex mcdonald
That’s about as a good a compliment as you can get. He’s no where near Doddue yet but I can see some of the similarities. Best thing is he will be with us for a while till a ridiculous bid comes in somewhere down the road. He’s going to be a very important player for us.

His ball carrying and ability to cover ground impressed me a lot. He's a powerful player and will only get better over the next few years. Delighted to have him.

Terrific display today.
At one point it was he who was organising the midfield.
Here’s a question for you all..... how can you displace him?
For me it’s Docherty and one other.
Dorrans and Jack won’t be walking straight back in, that’s for sure.
Of course, it doesn’t look like Murty is the type of manager who’d be letting that happen.

Was,shocked when he pulled him for Holt. Surely windass had to come off instead he was having a stinker

Excellent midfield display today, covered every inch of Ibrox, strong in the tackle drive team on and passing was tidy, great ball for Murphy to score, keep that going young man.
Great to hear. Missed the game today as I’m on holiday but we will need presence versus them with McCrorie out. He may well fill the gap to a decent extent then.

He was excellent and you can see what’s it means to him he’s a talent.

My man of the match today.

Not been impressed with him so far. Today he was what we need. Fucking outstanding performance by the boy. Same goes with Murphy.

I was Murphys biggest critic mainly due to the hype but by fk he has proved me wrong. Not just his goal but his overall play was outstanding. As for young Greg I thought he showed real glimpses against HA but today he took owned it. What potential he has great signing

Excellent first half today, very impressed however I will refrain from getting over excited, This time last year Toral and Hyndman were very much in favour.
Docherty has potential,of that there is no doubt however let the lad settle in to the demands of playing for Rangers, the big test is when we are not winning, then you wear a heavy jersey which can make or break any player.

Good luck to Young Greg, there ain't nothing better than a Young lad playing for the club of his dreams.

A very impressive performance today from young Greg.
An extremely shrewd signing who will be a tremendous player for us for years to come.
To think some posters on here wanted him dropped today for Jason Holt !

Never seen much of him prior to him signing and wasn't sure he would live up to the hype on here.

He was excellent today, he is a real all round midfield player.

With him, Jack, Dorrans and McCrorie its safe to say we have a really strong bluenose midfield for the next few years.

Docherty is going to be a mainstay for us.

He reminds me of Ian Ferguson when he first signed for us before he became a more defensive midfielder, he has all the tools and that gritty determination to be a huge player for us.

Brilliant today, he ran all over Hearts and is only going to get better. Genuinely excited to see how far this boy can go with us, top talent.

This boy is special.

He was a joy to watch. The way he broke from midfield at pace was something else, add in his composure & discipline and we're onto a winner.

I remember reading on FF some time ago that when he was at Hamilton Accies he would ‘walk to Ibrox’ as he was from a die hard Rangers family.

That comment was wrapped up by young Greg in a superb performance today and he reminds me so much of a young Stuart McCall....funnily enough Ross McCrorie reminds me of a young Ian Ferguson. I reckon we could have a tasty few years ahead.

We need guys like this.

He was excellent today, seemed to be everywhere winning the ball back in our own box then up in the Hearts box involved in an attack the next minute. Wasn't surprised he got subbed, must have been knackered.

Shame he never got slipped in when he was through on goal in the second half.

He reminds me of Ian Ferguson when he first signed for us before he became a more defensive midfielder, he has all the tools and that gritty determination to be a huge player for us.

That's exactly who I thought of as well also in the way he seems willing to sacrifice some of his personal attributes for the greater good of the team.

Back