Greg Docherty take a bow son

Today we saw why Greg’s name was being touted for Rangers long before the transfer talk.

Absolutely delighted for the guy. Would be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous but I hope he has the future he deserves.

His game played in straight lines is unbelievably good.

Be it ball to team mate / ground to cover / man to tackle / taking men on.

Really high quality direct play.

The interplay / side on stuff / crowded midfield be in position is still much to do, but that's perfectly ok for his age.

Young Charlie Miller ?

He was great today - a great performance and shown exactly why we've signed him. He'll go onto be a great player for us I am sure of it. Like Holt usually does he was absolutely everywhere - but he has some great footwork with the ball at his feet and can take it through a crowd and come out the other end. Very impressed. Going to be quite a lot in midfield for us when we get Jack and Dorrans back.

Really impressed with his performance today, both with the ball and without it.

It's gonna be a joy watching him in a blue jersey over the next few years.

He was my MOTM today, closely followed by Murphy and Candeias. Has the potential to be a Rangers legend

Thought he was great today, big performance in front of a big home crowd which bodes well for the future however the mom performance was without doubt Candeias.

Excellent midfield display today, covered every inch of Ibrox, strong in the tackle drive team on and passing was tidy, great ball for Murphy to score, keep that going young man.
I believe strongly that we are better and stronger for having blue noses in the team. They want to be here. They live it and are showing the rewired grit to be a bear. It's is great to see this transformation.

Fair play to Murty too. I thought he would have gone back to Holt today (I wouldn't have, but I thought that's what Murty would do). I thought Goss slightly shaded Docherty today but it is a while since we were able to split hairs on something like that. For too long our midfield has been a soft touch which didn't boss games. Not today.

I still think we need jack or mccrorie in there but docherty was the complete midfielder today. Attacked and defended superbly. Silver tuna indeed

The energy and strength we’ve been missing.

Holt now energy from the bench. Wish goss was our player, if he doesn’t start for qpr next year I will be shocked

Tremendous game. So happy this boy's in the team. Building a really strong midfield, especially with McRorie, Dorrans and Jack next season to come back.

On today’s showing will stomp on broonaldo in a couple of weeks

Take your pick from the historical Ferguson’s IMO

WATP

As impressed as everyone else with he boy. Growing into that shirt nicely.

Can be a wee bit clumsy on the ball sometimes; but his energy, aggression and positional play are all brilliant. He never stopped talking and pointing yesterday, very game aware. He’ll only get better and better.

He was excellent, if a little too eager at times.
He's still learning his trade and feeling his way into our team but he's showing signs of being exactly the kind of dynamo we've been needing in the middle of the park.

AND he's only going to get better. £600,000 could prove to be a steal.

I can definitely see the comparisons with Ian Ferguson. Defensively strong, good getting forward, physically intimidating, loves the club.

Little bit to go before he’s on his level obviously, but I can see the similarities

Between Greg and Candias for the MOTM

If he keeps those performances up, he will be in the Scotland team by the end of his year

Him and Goss really do make an exciting and productive central midfield.

There's not many games we won't be dictating the tempo game with those 2 pulling the strings.

Then we replace him with Lewis Ferguson?
I was very impressed with Ferguson last week in Accies game.
19 year old right now and with 2-3 years first team experience we may see him at Ibrox.

Back on topic Docherty looked the real deal yesterday. I thought Murty may have cost us the win yesterday with taking him off. Was he playing with a knock?

He came off to a standing ovation, bud.
That’ll have done more for him than staying on and tiring,

Tazz - I think you have this spot on, he will have got one helluva shot of confidence getting that standing ovation. He has cemented himself into the team, but what I also like is the fringe benefits that the U-20s get that age means nothing and to get a game this is the level of performance you need to be putting in to be deserving of the chance.

19 year old right now and with 2-3 years first team experience we may see him at Ibrox.

Back on topic Docherty looked the real deal yesterday. I thought Murty may have cost us the win yesterday with taking him off. Was he playing with a knock?
I thought he had taken a knock 2 or 3 mins before he went off. He seemed to run it of but maybe Murty didn't want to take any chances either on losing the energy in there or making anything worse.
I still think young Ross played on a couple of times earlier in the season when he took heavy knocks and should have been subbed. Speculation I know but who knows if the lengthy layoff for him is related.
If he did take a knock relaxing with Holty was the right call.

Went off to great applause, gave a massive puff of the chest, looked up and it must have hit him - just dominated the midfield, given his absolute all, winning in a massive match and applauded of the park with the Rangers badge on your chest and the Ibrox support appreciating what you have just done.

£600,000 for sheer quality.
£600,000 a steal on this performance

Early stages, but looks like the boy was born to play for us & will only grow into that jersey. Murphy too improving each game. Exciting times.

Tazz - I think you have this spot on, he will have got one helluva shot of confidence getting that standing ovation. He has cemented himself into the team, but what I also like is the fringe benefits that the U-20s get that age means nothing and to get a game this is the level of performance you need to be putting in to be deserving of the chance.
Add in that the manager trusted him to the extent that, after a less than convincing performance last game, not bad but not brilliant, he kept him in the team when there was an easy-to-make-and-justify option.
This is without considering McCrorie as well.

Needs a lot more game time. But could prove to be the best Accies prospect yet.

Needs a lot more game time. But could prove to be the best Accies prospect yet.

You'll know better than me but I've been shouting about young Greg for months.

I personally think he'll end up in the Premier league in England in a couple of years, I really think he could be that good and I canny believe we got him for the price we did.

How good do you think he could become Academical?

Any CB's in Scotland of similar ilk; Rangers man, young, exciting, good quality and experience?

1486976045_5637983474001_5637968971001-vs.jpg

He was really impressive but in a weird way I didn't notice. Felt like he'd been playing with us for years.

Born to play for us.

He reminds me of Claudio Reyna in his play, if much quicker to snap in a challenge than the American. Reyna was an absolute gem in a great Rangers side full of great players.

Quite why he was substituted yesterday is beyond me. Ditto Morelos

Back