Greg Docherty take a bow son

He reminds me of Claudio Reyna in his play, if much quicker to snap in a challenge than the American. Reyna was an absolute gem in a great Rangers side full of great players.

Quite why he was substituted yesterday is beyond me. Ditto Morelos
My mate reckoned he took a knock about 65 mins and didnt shake it off.

Indeed

I'll let you off:)
giphy.gif

You'll know better than me but I've been shouting about young Greg for months.

I personally think he'll end up in the Premier league in England in a couple of years, I really think he could be that good and I canny believe we got him for the price we did.

How good do you think he could become Academical?
In the post you've quoted I was talking about Lewis Ferguson.

But as for Docherty, I agree, huge potential. Could easily end up playing at the top end of the English Premiership. I hope so, £££ for Accies...

Thought he was man of the match, he was excellent

^^^ This, Murphy played well but I'd have actually given it to Docherty. Didn't put a foot wrong the whole day yesterday.

And at 20 year old, I can't find enough superlatives to describe him...passing is excellent, vision, space creation, bringing others into the fold and his decision making and composure is so mature for a young guy. Very exciting prospect for now and the future.

I was very impressed with Docherty yesterday. He seems to have settled well into the team and he has great drive and his box to box play was excellent. He already looks like he’s going to be an exceptional player.

Before he signed I thought he would be the catalyst for us going on to win the league next season, hes not been flung right in the management team are gradually getting him into a position that will hopefully be his for years to come. And you never know he might just be what we need to win the league this season.

I expect when we play them that GD will be targeted early. The lego eater and his pals will attempt to damage young Greg.

Excellent first half today, very impressed however I will refrain from getting over excited, This time last year Toral and Hyndman were very much in favour.
Docherty has potential,of that there is no doubt however let the lad settle in to the demands of playing for Rangers, the big test is when we are not winning, then you wear a heavy jersey which can make or break any player.

Good luck to Young Greg, there ain't nothing better than a Young lad playing for the club of his dreams.
This lad is different though.

Excellent first half today, very impressed however I will refrain from getting over excited, This time last year Toral and Hyndman were very much in favour.
Docherty has potential,of that there is no doubt however let the lad settle in to the demands of playing for Rangers, the big test is when we are not winning, then you wear a heavy jersey which can make or break any player.

Good luck to Young Greg, there ain't nothing better than a Young lad playing for the club of his dreams.
I understand the reluctance to be over praiseworthy,bud.
Not so much your comparison though.
Personally, I’d say he already looks to be a better acquisition than those two.

Delighted with how he played on his full Ibrox debut. He has real genuine quality and boundless energy.

Credit to Murty as well for starting him ahead of Holt, as i assumed Jason would have been brought back in and given the armband.

His assist for Murphy was top notch as he deceived the defender with the eyes and he was unlucky with one of his shots as the Hearts GK made a cracking save.

Thot the young lad was brilliant on sat, head up nearly all the time looking for a pass to make, Murty must have had a good chat wi him during the week, as previous game chasing too many balls that he was never going to get, let the ball come to you and do your stuff, my MOTM

Sounds like he could be a bit of a Reyna for us.

A guy I thought we probably didn’t appreciate enough at the time.

He was instrumental in making the others tick.

What an engine he had.

His acceleration is incredible.

Gives him the edge in winning the second ball and controlling the chaotic moments of the game in midfield.

We managed to box Hearts in really well in that second half and Greg played a big role in this. An aspect of the game we have struggled with previously.

Haha even more confused - Why's the fella on here?

He's on the Lounge a lot as well in the political debates.

He's a good Unionist, even though he leans a wee bit left for me, but he's a good lad.

This lad has it all he can go as far in the game as he wishes I hope we get to hold on to him for a few seasons and then he may want to move on for the big bucks.

Haha even more confused - Why's the fella on here?

Previous versions of Follow Follow welcomed supporters of other clubs provided they were decent, sensible and respectful. Academical is all three.

I recall a St Johnstone fan (Begbie something or other), a Hearts fan (Rambo the jambo?) a Hibs fan (John Robbo maybe?).

All made a decent contribution and the Forum was all the better for their input.

IMO anyway.

Previous versions of Follow Follow welcomed supporters of other clubs provided they were decent, sensible and respectful. Academical is all three.

I recall a St Johnstone fan (Begbie something or other), a Hearts fan (Rambo the jambo?) a Hibs fan (John Robbo maybe?).

All made a decent contribution and the Forum was all the better for their input.

IMO anyway.

Begbies moustache I think it was.

He should've been thrown straight in against Hibs a few weeks ago, the game was perfect for him to combat their midfield.

IMO anyway.

RamboJambo

Blast from the past wonder whatever happened to him he was mental in a good way :)

Back