Greg Docherty

Punpun

Looks like that's his Rangers career over

No midfielders on the bench other than the one we converted into a wide playmaker and he can't get a look in

Looks like Flanagan's finished and all

But tbh I would've thought having Docherty on the bench would've been the right move tonight, for cover's sake

Just posted on match thread, if available and not selected at least on the bench after the weekend midfield shit show then he needs to get out for good

He must be miles out of the picture to not even make the squad,especially how stretched it is right now.

Looks like that's his Rangers career over

No midfielders on the bench other than the one we converted into a wide playmaker and he can't get a look in

Looks like Flanagan's finished and all

But tbh I would've thought having Docherty on the bench would've been the right move tonight, for cover's sake
Big George is our defensive and midfield cover - a Twofer

Think this does show how badly we need a new midfielder in. I do wonder if one reason that Ojo is in ahead of Aribo is more to let Aribo be cover from the bench for midfield than about actually dropping him for Ojo.

Weird how a guy that can have such a successful loan deal can’t even get a chance.

Yet there are a few people suggesting that Hastie should come into the team for Ojo. Hastie couldn’t even get into the Rotherham side.

Gerrard sees Docherty a lot more than all of we do, but I feel he could score the goals from midfield that we so badly need.

He’s also got the legs to go box to box.

Weird that he hasn’t even been given a chance.

Gerrard has already said he was going out on loan to be reviewed again in the summer, and that agreements with clubs was close. Him picking up an injury was never being risked so no point having him on the bench if he won't get on.

He’s going out on loan the club have been clear on this all month the only people suggesting he could get back in the team we’re the fans

I'm speechless that Ojo, Barker and Jones are still at the club, never mind involved.

Great engine, great athlete, lovely lad but that’s seems to be about it.

need so so so much more to get in to a Gerrard midfield

frustrating to see the likes of Barker on the bench but I guess no team have come forward to take him in this window, whereas no point in risking an injury to Doc if he’s about to go out on loan

I like Greg Docherty as a person, he comes across really well and he runs his heart out but he’s always struggled to accurately play a 5 yard pass and that’s the truth. I just don’t think someone with that limited ability is going to get in a Gerrard midfield.

Always thought he would have turned out a good player for us. Shame he just isnt at the level the gaffer feels we need.

Gerrard has already said he was going out on loan to be reviewed again in the summer, and that agreements with clubs was close. Him picking up an injury was never being risked so no point having him on the bench if he won't get on.
Is the correct answer

Cool story bro
Fantastic insight.

I said last night you really need to wonder how poorly Gerrard rates Doc.

I reckon he'd have Halliday and Polster in midfield ahead of him.

Probably says it all really.

I thought he'd be much more involved than he is.

Although I’ve disagreed with some of Gerrards team selections recently such as the inclusion of Flanagan I trust him when deciding if a midfielder is good enough for our squad.

Docherty must not be showing enough in training and any time he’s played for us he’s never really grabbed his opportunity either. Maybe another loan deal and he could improve more and put himself in the picture.

Back