Greg Docherty

Nathan9719972

What is the general consensus on him? Will he be here next season or not, notice he’s been involved in few of the promotions etc, can’t imagine a player being in promotional videos with no future

Nowhere near the level required

The hype around him on here seems to come from a certain twitter account who was hailing him as Scotland next big thing

I’d keep him given he offers something a bit different as a squad option. However it’s clear that Gerrard doesn’t rate him so I’d be stunned if he wasn’t out the door in the near future.

God help us. Then again we’re 3 weeks away and going into a new season with the same squad that were 13 behind in March. Oh the excitement

Other than the new GK and LB? And the loans that have returned to their parent clubs? And ones that have come back to us?

He'll play for Scotland.

But probably never again for Rangers.

He has the qualities to fit in the right system but that is not a system that Gerrard and Beale will ever utilise.

If we had a manager who liked to switch things up and try different systems he would fit in. Gerrard has his ways and looks too stubborn to change it. Saying that I think he would be better going to a club that suits him and getting 40+ starts a season

Gerrard doesn't rate him, but he probably looks at a stubborn Halliday thinking we'll he fashioned out a career at the club I love, why can't I.
I've heard there's been mixed messages from the coaching team. One gave him advice and coaxed him into the Hibs move in January and he'd have a chance when he returned (find out next Thursday!) Another said along the lines of what are you still doing here I thought we'd got rid of you.

Good lad by all accounts which is great .
However , our main starting 11-15 couldnt win a thing so we need to offload asap.
The 6 that went recently is the first cull.
Now its barker, docherty, stewart, mcrorie and murphy and jones.
None of the above should be in the first team, and coming off a bench will change very little.

Clearly not rated by the management team.

Personally don't see why he wasn't given a chance, the odd game here and there isn't really a good indicator.

The hype around him on here seems to come from a certain twitter account who was hailing him as Scotland next big thing

Think it’s also partly because he’s a nice lad and one of us, people always have a bit of extra eagerness to see a player do well when that’s the case.

God help us. Then again we’re 3 weeks away and going into a new season with the same squad that were 13 behind in March. Oh the excitement

The same squad that were technically leading by the end of the year too! Keep consistency and ensure players don’t go off the boil and that is a title winning squad. Don’t get me wrong, the more we can strengthen the better but we are not as bad as many of our fans are making out.

Not sure if Docherty is the answer mind you but he has never really had the run of games he has needed.

The same squad that were technically leading by the end of the year too! Keep consistency and ensure players don’t go off the boil and that is a title winning squad. Don’t get me wrong, the more we can strengthen the better but we are not as bad as many of our fans are making out.

Not sure if Docherty is the answer mind you but he has never really had the run of games he has needed.
Pity a season doesn’t last 6 months.

I feel sorry for Docherty.

In my opinion he just hasn’t been given a chance after going down south and doing well.

There’s posters on here who are regularly calling for McCrorie to be given a chance at Rangers, the same guy who has struggled at Portsmouth and has therefore been shoved out to right back.

Docherty will move on and he’ll carve out a good career for himself. I’m not saying he’ll reach the heights of the player I’m about to mention - but see John Fleck as an example.

Not exactly been a typical summer has it?

Most of the players who would improve us are still in the middle of last season.

He’ll have a very good career but it won’t be at Rangers.

Every time he has played for us he looks a completely different player to the one at Hibs/Hamilton. Not sure if it’s a mentality thing or something else, but I don’t ever see him being a success here sadly.

But hey you’ll try argue we’ve obviously improved I’m no getting into a debate we’re the same squad more or less of shitebags

Cheer up mate. We're a young, developing squad with another year of experience under our belts + we'll be adding one or two more at least.
We were clearly the better team up until the break, and we came back with a few key suspensions and injuries, lost our way a bit. I also put it down to tiredness (mental as much as physical). That fairly small squad had been playing pressure games constantly since June 2018, with barely a break.
The covid break will have helped us get the players refreshed and ready to go. I'm looking forward to the new season. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.

He will run all day for you but I don't think Rangers will be his place to play football longer term.

Never did too much wrong when he pulled the jersey on and I always assumed he’d develop into a starter. But looks like it isn’t meant to be.

The kind of player I can imagine leaving, going down the Championship and doing well there. Eventually plays in the Premier League.

Give it three years and there will be threads on here lamenting the fact we let him go so cheaply.

The hype seemed to stem from the fact he was from a dyed in the wool Rangers family and Hamilton fans had been raving about him.

Everyone wanted him to do well. Sadly on evidence he looked distinctly ordinary. The coaching staff evidently felt likewise.

And yet there still seems to be this little coterie on here who appear unable or unwilling to accept this.

“But he did really well at Shrewsbury and Hibs!” they cry ad nauseum, oblivious to the absurdity of that statement.

Would like to see the lad given a real chance to show us what he has.
Not really been given that chance yet.

Cheer up mate. We're a young, developing squad with another year of experience under our belts + we'll be adding one or two more at least.
We were clearly the better team up until the break, and we came back with a few key suspensions and injuries, lost our way a bit. I also put it down to tiredness (mental as much as physical). That fairly small squad had been playing pressure games constantly since June 2018, with barely a break.
The covid break will have helped us get the players refreshed and ready to go. I'm looking forward to the new season. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I certainly hope I’m surprised mate and every single person on this forum can rip into me haha

Its a blow that Katic could be out for most of the season.
That doesnt help the title ambitions.

Back