Greg Docherty

Didn't think he was great today, but a hard task in the middle against 3. We need a Davis/Dorrans in there to dictate the midfield and let Docherty do the rest

I thought he was excellent at times. Some of his vision and positioning was top notch.

Felt sorry for him though. He looked like a solo midfielder at times, always looking for the ball, giving others options. Can't say the same for others around him.

Thought he was really poor today. Can't fault his effort but i'd love to see his pass % because felt like every 2nd pass was right to a celtic play and don't get me started on the countless amount of times he booted it up at the end of the first half, big reason we were so pinned in before conceding

All over the park today and due to our non existent midfield, he's was drawn out of position too often.

We needed another body in there today but Murty never learned from Hibs.

Never gave up, battles away, won some important challenges and played some good balls over the top that no one cottoned on to.

He's a player who will continue to get better and better.

I thought he done well considering.
He is young and playing in his first Rangers Filth match.
This lad is getting better by the minute and eventually will be a beast in the middle of the park.
I cannot wait to see him alongside a fit McCrorie in there.

On the way out, I heard someone say he's a Hamilton Accie level player and should never be at Rangers.

Got to love some of our supporters

Thought he was really poor today. Can't fault his effort but i'd love to see his pass % because felt like every 2nd pass was right to a celtic play and don't get me started on the countless amount of times he booted it up at the end of the first half, big reason we were so pinned in before conceding
Yes, and he will learn from this.
Scott Broon9 booted the ball up the park for their second, and got lucky.

But I agree, a calm head is required and Docherty having got his debut in this fixture under his belt, will calm down.

I thought he done well considering.
He is young and playing in his first Rangers Filth match.
This lad is getting better by the minute and eventually will be a beast in the middle of the park.
I cannot wait to see him alongside a fit McCrorie in there.

It will also be interesting to see how Jack compliments him.

He was out numbered most of the game in the middle. Also looked a little off the pace .

Never hid and always showed for the ball. Certainly wasn't the worst on the park

He was outnumbered in the midfield, the blame for that is on Murty (again).

An extra body in there and he has more options.

Great effort, tenacity and offered a physical presence. He has a lot to offer and the potential is there to develop greatly.

However, I'm going to offer two criticisms from today. Occasionally he has to use the ball better when he has it and sometimes rather than trying to be everywhere at once, it's better to be in the right place at the right time.

For his price though, he's a player and hopefully those areas will improve in time.

I thought he had a decent game today. Didn't realise how strong the lad is - His physicality can only be a great asset for us.

Docherty wasn't at his best today it has to be said.

Interesting to note everyone on this thread and many others saying we lined up wrong in midfield today. There were several suggestions earlier in the week that, for example, Holt start instead of Windass - most were shot down in flames and the team that started today, given our injuries, was the one that virtually everyone wanted. Hindsight is great isn't it?

This is what a football forum is about. People's opinions. Some people thought he was great others thought he was poor.

I think he was ok. Not as good as past few games but was a difficult task when they had more numbers in midfield.

Him and dorrans as a two or if the rumours are true throw McCarthur in and make it a 3. McCrorie back to boss the CD position and spine is solid and won't be bullied

I thought he did well, outnumbered and playing next to an empty jersey. Jack coming back in will allow him to move into a more natural role, he’ll be a player for us

He has a massive future with us and this is just the beginning. Our time will come and we'll be talking about Docherty dominating old firm games in the not too distant future.

I thought he was very poor. Too many misplaced passes and for someone with a physique like his he was muscled of the ball far too easily.

Neither Docherty nor Goss get pass marks today.

What a prospect. What potential

At times today, he played against a midfield 5 on his own. A couple yards off a tackle at times due to his positioning but that will come with time .

It isn't all bad
Greg Docherty had a fantastic game, sadly let down by players around him & the managers poor tactics & substitutions.

Have high hopes for the future years with him in our midfield though , outstanding prospect / great signing

Greg Docherty had a fantastic game, sadly let down by players around him & the managers poor tactics & substitutions.

Have high hopes for the future years with him in our midfield though , outstanding prospect / great signing

I agree with your bit in bold - but he was far from 'fantastic' today so its a bit disingenuous to throw that in just to bolster your other nonsense.

Docherty wasn't at his best today it has to be said.

Interesting to note everyone on this thread and many others saying we lined up wrong in midfield today. There were several suggestions earlier in the week that, for example, Holt start instead of Windass - most were shot down in flames and the team that started today, given our injuries, was the one that virtually everyone wanted. Hindsight is great isn't it?

Yeah i think it is a tough one though. I can see why murty went with the line up he did and on one hand i'm glad we tried to give it a go. Difficult to change a well performing front 4.

However, I hope he has learnt that in big games, we need 3 in centre midfield if we are still playing 2 wingers

Better players then Docherty have had worse old firm debuts, he did his best and had some good moments but Goss next to him was shocking.

Thought he struggled for long parts of the game today to many hit and hope passes he will grow into it I'm sure amazing isn't it how everyone sees things differently not his best game to date for me

I thought the game passed him by to be honest. He has been playing well of late and he will get plenty more chances to make amends in the future.
I felt the same, he did well but watched a lot of the game, he was marking Rodic and wasn’t covering his runs allowing the big lady's front bottom too much room.

When they went down to 10 they left two up gront and Murty never changed a thing, Docherty was the man who should have been made the spare man as he has the motor to play it, at about 60 min Goss and Windass looked like they were towing a Plough and should been replaced by fresh legs

He was outnumbered in the midfield, the blame for that is on Murty (again).

An extra body in there and he has more options.
Except half the time he was just booting it up without even taking a look at what was around him. Having Holt in midfield wasn't going to change that. He'll be outnumbered again in the future and will do well, not Murty's fault he had a bad game he just had one, not the end of the world

HIs pass for Morelos second half was exquisite.

Looked exasperated at times when it was 3 or 4 vs 1 or 2. Few misplaced passes and errors but for me he’s a big part of our future.

Agree with the Goss comments. Docherty though was slow in starting but came into the game nicely I thought. He'll hopefully learn from his first experience against that shower and just get better and better. I wonder if he and a couple of others put too much pressure on themselves and took stage fright before remembering to get down to playing.

Made poor decisions on the ball on a number of occasions. Arguably the first two goals came directly from him not wisely using possession.

But, he still did enough to show his potential and showed an excellent attitude too. Today will be part of his growth as a player.

Back