Greg Docherty

A few months ago he was playing in front of two men and a dug on an abomination of a pitch.

Like some of the rest, he will improve with each passing week. Sore as that was, he will be a better player for it.

Other players are running out of chances though.

Except half the time he was just booting it up without even taking a look at what was around him. Having Holt in midfield wasn't going to change that. He'll be outnumbered again in the future and will do well, not Murty's fault he had a bad game he just had one, not the end of the world

Him having a bad game is directly related to the tactical system he is playing in. He’s a promising player, he’s not good enough to take on 2 or 3 of their midfield on his own.

Last time I checked it was Murty’s job to set us up tactically.

Thought he lacked composure especially in the first half. Was right up against it though as Goss was posted missing.

Can cut him some slack. He WILL get better in this fixture.

I agree with your bit in bold - but he was far from 'fantastic' today so its a bit disingenuous to throw that in just to bolster your other nonsense.
Given his age,
his stepping up from playing at Accies,
his first old firm game
up against 3 big physical midfield players they have in central midfield (2 experienced internationals & a guy the tims paid Man City a few million for)
& him doing so almost single handed on most occasions as the game past by Goss & Windass.

I think Greg docherty was by far our best player today

Hard to judge. Goss and him got overrun at times.

That's fine. We consciously made that decision because we thought it would give us advantages elsewhere. So they were left to man up v an extra man. It was a hard shift and they didn't get much joy. They'll learn from it. It didn't cost us the game.

We lost because we defended poorly and didn't make the most of the areas where we created the extra man - particularly where Candeias and Tavernier failed to get good service in from the right wing.

What a prospect. What potential

At times today, he played against a midfield 5 on his own. A couple yards off a tackle at times due to his positioning but that will come with time .

It isn't all bad

The game passed him by a bit- it’s understandable, he will never have played in a match at this tempo before in his career.

His attitude is first class though, and he will have learned a lot today. Looks like captain material going forward.

He was really good imo, concidering the manager plsyed him on his own.
He gave his all today in a dept. that was being bossed by them at times.

Never looked like his head was going to go down and stuck at the task.

Can't really ask much more from a young lad in his debut in this fixture.

Totally agree. Murty got the shape badly wrong, and yet Greg still managed to just about hold his own. He badly needed more help in there and I can’t understand how Murty couldn’t see that.

Because he's not a real manager. Criminal to go in with two centre mids.

Can't believe people thought he played well today. He was totally bossed by Scott Brown. If this is what we are accepting then we have a long way to go. He has potential but not good enough by a long shot.

Murty hung the young lad out to dry with his inability to change it.

Fu(k me, my old dear would have offered more bite than Goss.

For me, in the mentally challenged games, we need to have a DM in the team.

Ahead twice and never once did we look like killing or controlling the game.

Felt for Docherty today.

He clearly has genuine talent and potential.

He's just taken a massive step up. He has so far had a habit of falling in and out of games with flashes of real quality. Today I thought he got lost in the game and the midfield as a whole didn't function.

Murty hung the young lad out to dry with his inability to change it.

Fu(k me, my old dear would have offered more bite than Goss.

For me, in the mentally challenged games, we need to have a DM in the team.

Ahead twice and never once did we look like killing or controlling the game.

Felt for Docherty today.

I think that's an assessment I would largely agree with but if he is going to be a key player he'll need to have good games when others are failing.

He's young it's his first OF game-if he's the real deal he'll learn from it.

Each to their own,thought he hardly touched the ball in the first 20 minutes.
So much space afforded to Ntcham and Brown that to my eyes it's very hard to see a positive.
Our midfield yet Again were bullied by the usual suspects so why the f**k are we seeing positives when they weren't there

Back