Greg Docherty

Was at the priestfield as the in laws are Gillingham fans.

They beat Gills 2-0 and Greg was the best and classiest player on the park.

It doesn't really say much as the standard was terrible and to put it in perspective Sean clare of hearts was Gillingham best players last season.

Greg did well but was still incredibly sloppy with some passes.

He's young and if he works hard he might make it, but he's miles away from Davis, Jack, Kamara or Arfield at the moment.

It doesn't really say much as the standard was terrible and to put it in perspective Sean clare of hearts was Gillingham best players last season.

He's young and if he works hard he might make it, but he's miles away from Davis, Jack, Kamara or Arfield at the moment.

That's his downfall.

See he's scored for Shrewsbury today.

Think hes in to double figures now, Could be handy for next season!

Been involved in 21 goals all season!

The loan has done Greg the world of good.

He'd have been lucky to make the bemch at Ibrox this season, but he's played regularly and developed his game at Shrewsbury.

Gives him a wee chance of being involved in the squad next season, if he performs better in pre season training and games than he did last season.

Him and JR seem to be killing it down there , going to be a lot of healthy competition for that midfield spot next season

Shows how good an attitude the boy has to go to a place like Shrewsbury and make it work for himself

Fully deserves another crack of the whip at Rangers.

An ex colleague of mine lives in Telford and, although he's a Wolves fan, he regularly attends Shrewsbury matches. In his opinion Greg Docherty is a decent league 1 player, no more no less. Allegedly his passing is suspect. If true I'll be gutted as I was one of a few who championed his signing. Time will tell I guess.

Irrespective of the standard of football, getting regular game time, of which it sounds like he has totally capitalised on given the stats in the OP, is massive.

He will roll into pre-season with us bursting with confidence, and hopefully busting a gut to show Stevie G what he has learned, and telling him “you’re not sending me out on loan again, I want a place in the first 11”.

And he speaks very well for a young man anytime I’ve seen or read his interviews.

I think this is one player we are really going to see the benefits of from sending him out on loan.

Got high hopes for him and would love him to be a regular in our side.

The point I don’t get is this “getting regular football” point. Yes it’s important but it’s a Lower standard than SPFL. And we signed him from a team that he was playing in regularly in the same league we play in.

I think he needs to relax and find his rhythm and let things happen for him naturally at Rangers

An ex colleague of mine lives in Telford and, although he's a Wolves fan, he regularly attends Shrewsbury matches. In his opinion Greg Docherty is a decent league 1 player, no more no less. Allegedly his passing is suspect. If true I'll be gutted as I was one of a few who championed his signing. Time will tell I guess.

Your right mate time will tell, not getting my hopes up too much.

Although what I will say is Greg is playing in a really poor league 1 team, there only 4 points off the relegation zone. So being involved in so many goals can only be a good thing.

Mabye playing in a team surrounded with better players could help him blossom even more.

I reckon if we get a decent offer from a EFL championship club he'll be sold. Rossiter also.

the main thing is he has had a lot of competitive games and will be fitter stronger and more knowledgable about the game being on loan, we can, in the long run, only benefit from this

Your right mate time will tell, not getting my hopes up too much.

Although what I will say is Greg is playing in a really poor league 1 team, there only 4 points off the relegation zone. So being involved in so many goals can only be a good thing.

Mabye playing in a team surrounded with better players could help him blossom even more.

I believe he has talent and I'm willing him to make it at Rangers, but can he dislodge any of the current midfielders never mind any upgrades? I have a feeling we'll be adding 1 or 2 quality midfield options. I always want a lifelong Rangers fan to succeed, but team success comes first .

Won't make it at Rangers try get £100k or whatever Holt etc reduce the squad good luck to him obviously

I have had very high hopes for young Docherty,but to hear his ball retention has not improved despite his superb goals involvement-has me fearing his future with us.
I'd be delighted to see him come to fruition though,he along with the McCrorie brothers have the potential to be a mainstay for years to come-at the moment it is only potential though I'd suggest.

Bring him back for pre season and early European games

He’s still young and to be honest another loan to a higher calibre of team won’t harm his development

As our team moves forward so some will be left behind, such is the nature of modern football, young Doc was signed as a prospect, he seems a nice lad and for myself I hope he makes it at Ibrox?

“Yes i agree with you about Docherty, doesn't work as hard sometime drifts in and out of games, but the world class creativity he has score's us goals, there is no other player that can spot that key pass so in my opinion hes the best we have. But he will go back to Rangers so won't be around next season.”

Lifted that bit regarding Docherty on their forum so he does have a killer pass on him from the midfield, he might be good to have in the squad next season imo.

“Yes i agree with you about Docherty, doesn't work as hard sometime drifts in and out of games, but the world class creativity he has score's us goals, there is no other player that can spot that key pass so in my opinion hes the best we have. But he will go back to Rangers so won't be around next season.”

Lifted that bit regarding Docherty on their forum so he does have a killer pass on him from the midfield, he might be good to have in the squad next season imo.
You can file that bit as in the classiest player on the park. Has the vision to play killer ball.

Which against a shit defence is easier to do.

The sloppy passes however....

You can file that bit as in the classiest player on the park. Has the vision to play killer ball.

Which against a shit defence is easier to do.

The sloppy passes however....
Would he not be a decent squad option next season in your opinion?

Back