Greg Docherty

Judging anybody on that park/conditions is harsh imo.
ENcdvIJ.gif

Karama was the poorest of our midfielders today.

No he wasn't, seriously, dont focus on the few loose passes, actually analyse the game, Kamara was head and shoulders above Docherty and King when he came on, never had his best game but he wasnt that bad!!! Honestly, watch the game game again and actually count the positive and negative contributions of each player and I guarantee you that you will change you mind

If he's Jack's understudy he needed to be much more involved today. Surely he watches RJ and tries to bring those qualities to his own game? If he's not Jack's deputy then who?
I still have high hopes for GD but today wasn't good.

No he wasn't, seriously, dont focus on the few loose passes, actually analyse the game, Kamara was head and shoulders above Docherty and King when he came on, never had his best game but he wasnt that bad!!! Honestly, watch the game game again and actually count the positive and negative contributions of each player and I guarantee you that you will change you mind
Watch that again?

%^*& that

Are players going to be judged after every single game now? Why not wait till October and take stock then. We’ve brought in a lot of players and it takes time for them to settle in.

This is place is becoming more and more like social media.
It's truly fucking pathetic, every single match.

Criticise where it's due but %^*& me, it's becoming tragic. Any excexcuse for players to be hammered by too many on here.

I said already.

Shower of shit
Pish pitch
Gusty
A match were never not winning.

Did people want blood, guts and 10 - 0?

Nah, you’re talking bollocks I’m afraid.

Not great but not dreadful.

If you felt he was dreadful, what word would you use to describe Halliday, Docherty and Stewart?

lol, keep telling lies and you start to believe it, or sober up and watch the game again!

Everyone else agreeing he was terrible today and you two the only two who thought otherwise. I think I’d advise you guys to go back and watch the game.

Everyone else agreeing he was terrible today and you two the only two who thought otherwise. I think I’d advise you guys to go back and watch the game.

I see you dodged my question.

It Kamara was dreadful, what was Stewart, Halliday and Docherty?

Kamara was far from good and very sloppy, I don’t disagree with that

Harsh to judge him based on today’s game. But I do have a gut feeling that says he’s not quite good enough for where we want to be.
Tend to agree,he's a player I want to succeed and want to excite but our recent signings have left him down the list,still want him in the squad

Would not complain about any player playing on that surface ,wide open to the wind as well .If they want Scotland to progress in European standings the SFA must ban plastic

Very quickly I knew the result was never in jeopardy today. Pretty much controlled everything, on a plastic pitch in pretty crap conditions at times.

Add in the number of changes we made meant we were never going to have the same cohesion from games previous. No one needed to bust a gut today (even though some maybe should have) to give SG a Selection headache. I'm not judging any of the squad players based in one cup game against lower league opposition due to the amount of changes made.

Before kick off I was genuinely pleased to see we could put out what I thought to be a strong side of fringe players with a few regulars mixed in.

Everyone else? As much as a liar you are you are also delusional!!! #KamaraLoyal

I would love him to make it with us but he seems miles behind the other 5 options we have in there.

No lack of effort but just lacking the quality
Hopefully, Gerrard won’t base his opinion of Docherty on any individual game.
Especially one on plastic and more so, the overhead conditions today.

My thought was the pitch and conditions made it very hard to look good but Defoe and Aribo looked class. The rest where pretty poor to be honest. Stewart for me looked dreadful, Docherty had a poor game but a few decent moments. But Jones also had a poor game and has looked good recently. I wanted a home tie for the next round to give these guys another chance but for me they just made Gerrards job easy up until the break.

Are players going to be judged after every single game now? Why not wait till October and take stock then. We’ve brought in a lot of players and it takes time for them to settle in.

This is place is becoming more and more like social media.
Too many want to say “I said it first” or “I knew it all along” etc.

Funny how people can read the Waghorn thread and still just love putting players to the sword for no good reason.

The guy will get his chances this year and he obviously is talented.
Maybe it won't work out for him as he is competing with some excellent players, but surely we can get behind him?

Just don't see it with Docherty.He has a good engine but doesn't get into the game enough and football wise he is very average.I would say Barjonas and Kelly are actually better footballers than Docherty

He’s not good enough for Rangers, it’s harsh and not what a lot of people want to read or hear, unfortunately it’s a fact though.

I hope the lad goes on to have a great career i really do, i think it will be a league 1 or lower championship club down south he has it with though.

A very average player who will never be a first choice Rangers man. Kamara was poor today but Greg Docherty could not lace his boots. Anyone who persists that he should be in the team is complicit in costing us priceless points

Docherty played and starred for Shrewsbury in a league, whose players are certainly no worse than East Fife. At Shrewsbury he had a set role to play and played in every game. At Rangers he isn't an automatic starter, his role is less defined, moreover, he is surrounded by players who are still getting to know each other's style, consequently it will probably take a month or two for Docherty to find his bearings and play to his true potential.

But what I find ridiculous is how quick some folks are to write players off, not just Docherty, but others - how long before Jones starts getting the 'not Rangers class' gibes - not too long I'll bet. Granted Docherty didn't have his best game, it was an appalling pitch, at times the weather was atrocious, and the team formation was completely new, hardly a conducive situation for a young midfielder to shine in.

He isn't Joe Aribo - by far our best player - but all the same, I think with time and patience Docherty will become a solid contributor to the Rangers cause.

I honestly didn’t think Greg was that bad today being honest but it was about getting through the tie on a really shite pitch on a really shite day weather wise with no injuries or red cards.

Here’s a thought, we could have just enjoyed the victory and getting through to the next round, and took a day off of having a whipping boy, then again it’s FF after all.

What a week we have had considering what’s going across the city and yet some on here are still having digs at our own.

Yeh I think he was better than Kamara today who looked a shadow of the player who bossed Celtic last season. The conditions today though were dreadful both in terms of wind as well as the surface!

Kamara is a great little player on a proper pitch with grass!, judging anyone on that shit is just plain dumb, yes his passing was a bit suspect on occasion but think we can forgive him this time

I thought GD did ok. He was tidy but just a little too safe most of the time. Unfortunately safety is not enough to get into the team.

For all the criticisms of today, Gerrard seemed content with the performance, at least publicly. Maybe he understood a bit more on the conditions, the context and the problems that can arise playing in this type of game.

I’m a huge fan of Kamara but today Docherty was far better than him .

The only thing I’d mention about Docherty is , I know he is a fitness fanatic , he looks to have built up his upper body a bit too much , almost in the same way waghorn did at us in his last season .

He is now built like a barrel and I’m unsure if it’s helped him .

However to criticise him after today is ludicrous , as I say today Aribo, Defoe , Docherty , Wes and our two centre half’s showed up well. The rest weren’t at it today , in difficult conditions it must be said .

People need to get real we played essentially a second string 11 and still won 3/0 !

I would love him to make it with us but he seems miles behind the other 5 options we have in there.

No lack of effort but just lacking the quality

Yesterday wasn't the surface for judging anyone on, let alone starting a thread criticising one of our players.

There's another thread having a pop at Greg Stewart too.

I guarantee neither of you were at the game because if you had been there to witness the underfoot or overhead conditions, you wouldn't be criticising any of our players.

Back