Greg Stewart allegedly signs 2 year deal

Would he have offered more than Grezda this season?

There's your answer and that's what he's coming for.

Last edited:
Meh...12 goals in 3 seasons.

Lafferty got more than that at one year with Hearts.

Just don’t see the logic of putting more players on the wage bill who are no better than what we have already.
He’s the only player we have capable of playing the number 10 role currently, so he is better than what we have in that regard.

He won’t be the only signing we make in that position, it’s a smart bit of business imo

Greg Stewart clearly adds something to the squad we don't have. A bit of creativity and ability to make something from nothing.

Jones gives us pace which we don't really have.

Hastie is one of the most exciting young players in the country.

I have no issue with adding these three players to the squad for zero outlay.

Absolutely spot on and then we can add the real “quality” players that we all want and know we also need with what money we have available , we don’t have infinite resources so have to do the best we can with what’s available and signings like these are very low cost and risk free

Plays best at a No 9 or No 10 according to a Killie fan I know (who loves him)
Think it’s a smart signing

The midfield of Jack,Kamara,Davis and Arfield are quality.
The addition of Stewart would only enhance that.Center back and a couple of strikers (if Morelos and Lafferty are gone)and we are on our way to 55,I’ve convinced myself it’s all we need.:)[/QUOTE

We are crying out for a quality left back and a no.10.

The Bosmans made so far and the current rumoured signings are so far removed from the quality SG has hinted at a couple of times recently - and that is before we possibly receive bids for both Alfie and Tav and also see the level of signings Celtic make in response to our very serious challenge.

Meh...12 goals in 3 seasons.

Lafferty got more than that at one year with Hearts.

Just don’t see the logic of putting more players on the wage bill who are no better than what we have already.

We have Daniel Candeias as a recognised right side midfielder and for the good work he does defensively he doesn’t offer enough going forward. Stewart’s goal for Killie against us is why he’s being signed.

Decent squad depth as Jones is for me.

Both should get close to ten goals and ten assists

Takes pressure off Middleton and Hastie to an extent

Smart signings for me

Effectively Davis, Kamara and these two for nowt and Hastie for sub 500k allows whatever find remain to potentially to be spent on the quality that’s better than our current players

We have Daniel Candeias as a recognised right side midfielder and for the good work he does defensively he doesn’t offer enough going forward. Stewart’s goal for Killie against us is why he’s being signed.

Being brutally honest if Stewart is anywhere near our first team next season we won’t win the league. That’s not having a go at the boy but he’s 29 and probably had his best spells in football at Dundee and Cowdenbeath.

If he’s the type that will be benched for most of the season and thrown on as a last resort why not give that chance to some of our younger guys?

One of the arguments made for signing him is that he will get past packed defences? Honestly not sure what that’s based on considering he got zero goals in 22 games for Birmingham in the championship which overall is a far higher level of defender he faced than in the SPFL.

He'll be on top of the world right now. Married yesterday and signing for his boyhood club. I think he'll surprise a few next season.

Stewart will realise this is the biggest move of his life, and the chance to play for his boyhood team, under a renowned name in football. He will not let us down and humble pie aplenty will be order of the day.

I must confess that even when be was on a decent run at Killie - I still didn't rate him all that highly
When he was at dolly's eleven - he looked even worse than I'd remembered
On that basis alone I'm far from over the moon with this signing ( if it proves true )

But being practical - a management team who may see something I don't and feel they can get performances from a player that improves our cause - will always get my support

Much as I'm undewhelmed right now - I'll be well chuffed to be proved wrong & the player will get my full backing if he pulls on our jersey

It's difficult to get too excited, but the lad deserves time to settle in and be judged later on in the season.

Welcome to the greatest team on the planet Greg.

He's a talented boy, maybe he can find another level playing with better players. He's got an eye for a pass that we missed a lot last season and can chip in with goals.

With the amount of injuries and suspensions we get I'm sure he'll be a handy member of the squad.

OK Greg over to you ,well published your a bear . Let's see if you can rise to the challenge of wearing the jersey . Hopefully you can suprise a few on here . Last season lot of times we were 1-1 with twenty to go come on and if you can get us a 2-1 victory ,do it twice in the season and I'll be happy .

When oh when are we going to move away from playing for his boyhood heroes will make him a good player / signing.

He will Improve in our squad and with our coaching staff it’s a risk free signing and he’s a bear

Here will add something different to us and give us a better squad depth like Jones and Hastie.
Calm down panty wetters.

Why not give the guy a chance and see what he can do for us. He can create chances and we aren't exactly overflowing with creative players. Personally, I think he will do well for us. He is very composed on the ball and very experienced in the SPFL. Welcome to the most successful team in the world Greg and best of luck.

We need different tools for different jobs.

The only player we have who can beat a man from a standing start with quick feet is Murphy. Now we have another who can play on the right or central.

He gives us another option against teams who pack their defence. He is a good player and I am looking forward to watching him in a Rangers shirt.

Last season I felt like the squad was really pushed with our European run, cup games and the league. For a long period we were playing every Sunday and Thursday.

I think Gerrard is beefing up the squad in case we get in the same situation. Guys like Stewart, Jones, Hastie will give us more depth, they can play cup games etc etc when we are needing to rest players after European games.

Call me old fashioned but I might actually wait until I see how he plays first before deciding if he is crap or not.

Probably a good idea .

As soon as I saw Kent for us I just knew we had a player . Even when it didn’t click for him at the start he never gave in , I thought this boy just wants the ball , his attitude is tremendous .

Always go by what you see yourself .

Winning rangers teams have always had quality Scottish league players. Guys who know the leagues, teams, players and now pitches. It’s a good signing

Back