Greg Stewart deal close. Hastie and Souttar could follow

If you seriously think this trio are gonna help us topple them ...you are deluded . We need proper quality in , we are crying out for it for gods sake !
Obviously you're the secretary of the Panty Wetters Loyal. You can only sign Bosmans now, or agree a fee for the summer for players under contract. I suspect the latter will be for July onwards.

If you seriously think this trio are gonna help us topple them ...you are deluded . We need proper quality in , we are crying out for it for gods sake !

Nah I don't but there are up to 15 players guaranteed to be leaving in the summer. As squad players these are a serious upgrade on the guys who have never been in the match day squad or are on loan at league 1 sides and can't get a fucking game.

Dry your panties mate.

This is like arguing about the early rough shots of a movie.....we have no real idea where we are going transfer wise.

Also as much as the club have plans they are not in control of offers in, players wanting to leave etc etc. We can't guarantee getting all our targets.

Thirdly but never popular we could go out do great business and so do they at a higher level-they will have a massive impact on how we do-could help us but could just be too much for us to live with.

Wait and see but levelling everything out yes we will need to do very clever business in the window and it will require investment that surely will be stretching-as it has been so far. And that has left us short up until now.

Obviously you're the secretary of the Panty Wetters Loyal. You can only sign Bosmans now, or agree a fee for the summer for players under contract. I suspect the latter will be for July onwards.
Naw ...am the Chairman of the Rangers must sign quality players from now on . We challenged for %^*& all this season ...and need to watch them skate to a treble treble . Wake the %^*& up

Naw ...am the Chairman of the Rangers must sign quality players from now on . We challenged for %^*& all this season ...and need to watch them skate to a treble treble . Wake the %^*& up
You're not the only one who thinks we need better, funnily enough. The signing window doesn't open for weeks yet. I suspect deals are getting done just now, but not announced.

On the one hand, I'm not against us bringing in players from the same league, our players may be more talented but they aren't as wily as others.

Yet on the other, I cannot be arsed with the inevitable saga to be played out in the media as we haggle.

If we do want him, hopefully it's decisive & quit.

I realise that transfers are negotiations with each side having a valuation. If, however, the valuation is at least 2x what we think, we should walk away. I remember we offered (reportedly ) £400 for Naismith then paid about £1.7m. I think we lose credibility in these sorts of situations.

I realise that transfers are negotiations with each side having a valuation. If, however, the valuation is at least 2x what we think, we should walk away. I remember we offered (reportedly ) £400 for Naismith then paid about £1.7m. I think we lose credibility in these sorts of situations.

We were maybe pushing our luck offering £400 for him in the first place :)

Katic should have been a first pick all season the forced introduction of Worrall stifled the big mans development and confidence imo and we could have been looking at more assured and better Katic going into next season, my big worry is that he gets left behind and playing second fiddle to Goldson and another defender after the summer which for me would be a shame as Katic for me is decent and has lots of potential.

I would have rather we focus on Katic than waste £2 million on Souttar.
Katic also has a goal threat.
In our team that lacks goal threats from different positions, he is a breath of fresh air.
I always fancy him to score.

Is it just me or is anyone else dreading the official summer transfer thread![/QUOTE

My life is so sad that I can't wait. The last two summer transfer threads were a joy. My phone was never far from me as a checked the thread for updates almost from the moment I got home from work till I fell asleep.

Now that I have retired I'll just be on it even longer as I await news of the signings that will bring us 55.

Souttar was absolutely terrible yesterday, but I’m not writing him off on that alone. I just think Katic is better.

Regarding not wanting to sign “dross” from our own division. Kamara.

The only snippet I’ve heard is from a mate who lives in Chester and hears some stuff down there is that we might be interested in Leighton Banes for next season . He’s 34 but if fit could be the answer to our LB position which has been problematic .

The only snippet I’ve heard is from a mate who lives in Chester and hears some stuff down there is that we might be interested in Leighton Banes for next season . He’s 34 but if fit could be the answer to our LB position which has been problematic .
Not for me. I’ve not written off Barasic just yet.

Katic should have been a first pick all season the forced introduction of Worrall stifled the big mans development and confidence imo and we could have been looking at more assured and better Katic going into next season, my big worry is that he gets left behind and playing second fiddle to Goldson and another defender after the summer which for me would be a shame as Katic for me is decent and has lots of potential.

I would have rather we focus on Katic than waste £2 million on Souttar.

He will end up with 20 games this season which is still a good amount of game time for a guy of his age.

He will end up with 20 games this season which is still a good amount of game time for a guy of his age.

Could easily have had 40 plus if it wasn't for the obligation to play Worrall and Gerrard's obvious affection for the player.

For me Katic has been hard done by and harshly treated by the management it was glaringly obvious Goldson and Katic should have been main pairing in defence throughout the season.

Interesting that
I think it would be great to have both him an barasic going for the position
Maybe bring the best out of him

At the end of the day it's about competition, they will all need to rise above to a level they have never played at before and either they will or they won't but they key is that they leave us enough budget to get some future stars.

I got a text yesterday saying that Stewart has signed a 2 year deal with the option of a 3rd.

That's fair enough and a low gamble. One of the issues of recent times is handing out 4-year contracts.

I think we'll likely find Stewart contributing in a number of games and would be a decent option in certain circumstances.

I heard a few weeks ago that Greg Stewart had signed but the announcement would not be made until after our game against Kilmarnock next weekend. I was also asked not to post on here as there seemed to be a degree of secrecy about it. Probably to save him getting even more abuse from Aberdeen fans.

However on Saturday evening a colleague from work met a former team mate of Stewart's in a bar in Glasgow who confirmed that the deal to bring GS to Rangers has been done. This ex team mate may be a team mate of his again next season.........

Not exactly the best kept secret regarding a transfer but thought I'd share the update nonetheless.

I heard a few weeks ago that Greg Stewart had signed but the announcement would not be made until after our game against Kilmarnock next weekend. I was also asked not to post on here as there seemed to be a degree of secrecy about it. Probably to save him getting even more abuse from Aberdeen fans.

However on Saturday evening a colleague from work met a former team mate of Stewart's in a bar in Glasgow who confirmed that the deal to bring GS to Rangers has been done. This ex team mate may be a team mate of his again next season.........

Not exactly the best kept secret regarding a transfer but thought I'd share the update nonetheless.

Who is the ex team Mate?

Back