Greg Stewart

Followbear93

Sorry about all these threads
Last one promise!
Just want to give a mention to Greg Stewart who got a chance today and thought he did not to bad considering his lack of playing time. I’ve been vocal in saying he could do a job for us and I stand by that. Hopefully he can be more involved.
My uncle works with his dad and he says that He wants just a run of games to show the fans what he can do.
Boys abit lost on why he’s not been getting more game time, this season and last.

fingers crossed for you Greg.

Last one promise!
Just want to give a mention to Greg Stewart who got a chance today and thought he did not to bad considering his lack of playing time. I’ve been vocal in saying he could do a job for us and I stand by that. Hopefully he can be more involved.
My uncle works with his dad and he says that He wants just a run of games to show the fans what he can do.
Boys abit lost on why he’s not been getting more game time, this season and last.

Good squad player
Definetly keep.

I rate him although I don't think him and Hagi are a complimentary fit.

Unfortunately a run of games is not coming his way anytime soon.

Fringe players have to impress SG in training by working their bollocks off and they have to take their chance when it comes.

I'm not saying it's fair, it's just the way it is.

The likes of Jones and Stewart , I think it might be more of wanting them to do well as they’re Rangers fans.
Same with Halliday - if he wasn’t a fan he would’ve been out the door along time ago.
If Jones and Stewart weren’t Rangers fans, would I still want them to stay ? And continue to voice my opinion that they should be given a chance more? im not sure.

Stewart is a useful squad player against Scottish opposition. Gives as good as he gets. Don’t think he’ll start in Europe or be the first person the gaffer turns to for a goal.

Keep him.

He's also the one player who is prepared to try to play through the middle rather than relying on Tav and Borna when it gets congested.

A debate about a player ? It’ll never catch on - probably get removed like mine - can’t discuss anything clearly

Last one promise!

Prefer him to barker, if only he had barkers pace

I think he’s one of the most streetwise players we have. Knows how to win a free kick, especially in Europe.

Each to their own but he's absolutely nowhere near good enough for Rangers.

Sadly this. Multiple opportunities and shown very little. Maybe he needs a run of games to get up to speed but he won’t get that here. Very much a squad player would not be too bothered if he left

I think hes a talented boy, but hes the type of player that needs regular football due to him being a touch player. If we are honest hes not going to get that regular run under Gerrard and hes not an impact type sub so unfortunately i really cant see much point in him staying .... and I'm saying that as someone who thinks hes a good player

Not overly impressed,

1 good game against Aberdeen is all that really sticks out.

He’s not had a decent run but he won’t get either so it’s going to be hard to say if he’s good or not.

The number of injuries we seem to be getting means, everyone, in the squad will get their turn in the team. It's then up to them to play well enough to keep their place.

Should be grateful he’s ever managed to pull on the blue jersey professionally and moved on as fast as we can.

In with the likes of Jones/Barker fringe players for us but still nowhere near good enough to be a fringe player.

Got to laugh at some of these comments on here,I'm no expert on football but trust me neither are the majority on here either.

Not good enough for us,had enough chances,doesn't do enough,squad player at best,garbage,1 good game,etc etc.

I thought he played well considering his game time,had good strike at goal which needed a really good save,set up a goal and started off Alfie's 2nd with a great dummy for Defoe

If the gaffer wanted rid of him he'd be gone,that's bottom line,I hope he gets a run because he's a good player and I think the gaffer knows that hence he's still there while others are gone

He's a good player and one I would like to see feature more - even if it's just coming off the bench. He hasn't really had a bad game for us yet and is a clever player. Holds the ball well and is a goal threat.

Noted early on, 12th min or the like, when Goldson ventured forward and lost the ball, Stewart was bursting his gut to cover the right flank (given that Tav was also further up field). Did that throughout the game and gave Patterson a real outlet as a right winger. Got in the act with an assists and had a good shot blocked. Essentially same story as in the pre-season games he played in.
As long as we play with true wingers every now and then, the Hagi / Aribo / Kent line-up, now bolstered by Roofe and even Morelos if Itten is straight up top will see that chance limited. Good to have around though and will alway give 100 % when called upon.

He's a good player and one I would like to see feature more - even if it's just coming off the bench. He hasn't really had a bad game for us yet and is a clever player. Holds the ball well and is a goal threat.
Agree with all of what you're saying except that - that's just not true

He was horrific when he played against Hearts at Tynecastle in the cup to name one

With the amount of games we have and injuries we have and will pick up the squad is going to be vital going forward.

There will be certain games where Stewart can come in and do a shift

Last one promise!

I agree, I think we have a half decent player there who hasn't been given a proper chance and I just think he's came in for some unfair criticism. Just hope the gaffer sees what he can give to the team,for me,I'd put him on a par with Arfield.

Honestly I’m not convinced Stewart can make a difference

IMO he’s a squad player but I don’t think he adds enough to the team when he’s had a chance

I just don’t see what value he adds

He might be okay for a squad player but it’s up to him to prove us wrong and he can add something to the team

The sort of player that needs to be playing regularly. He barely sees any game time. The odd appearance here and there and when called upon, he's bang on average.

File Greg Stewart with Jordan Jones and Brandon Barker. Simply not good enough.

He barely made an impact against a part time side from Gibraltar.

Last one promise!

I’m a Greg Stewart fan but, until he proves his worth on the training ground, he cannot expect a run of games to prove himself.

Honestly I’m not convinced Stewart can make a difference

IMO he’s a squad player but I don’t think he adds enough to the team when he’s had a chance

I just don’t see what value he adds

He might be okay for a squad player but it’s up to him to prove us wrong and he can add something to the team
He would have made a difference when we played against Livingston.
Still pisses me of Barker came on instead of him.

I like him and think he offers something a wee bit different. Decent game tonight. I dont think he'll start many games but he's a good intelligent squad player.

Back