Greg Stewart

If u get a chance watch the game back, he was on the go constantly making space for others, cracking header for Morelos goal also.

If I'm honest and I'm not trying to insult anyone if you have played football at a decent level you would appreciate what he does for the team more.
Mate because you might of played football at a decent level doesn’t mean f*ck all all I have eyes.
I’ve watched him since he’s been with us and he simply isn’t good enough for Rangers it’s as simple as that.
He’s a decent spfl player just not what we need.
Be honest would you be happy with him starting day next 6/7 because I certainly wouldn’t.

It was a breath of fresh air to see the manager trusting hhis squad a bit today.
It was also a breath of fresh air for the squad/bench to be able to prove that they could be trusted. Benefit of a stronger squad than last season.

Mate because you might of played football at a decent level doesn’t mean f*ck all all I have eyes.
I’ve watched him since he’s been with us and he simply isn’t good enough for Rangers it’s as simple as that.
He’s a decent spfl player just not what we need.
Be honest would you be happy with him starting day next 6/7 because I certainly wouldn’t.
What did you think of hagi in the game?

He's rarely done anything wrong whenver he's had a chance but unfortunaterly for him he's not better than Hagi, Roofe etc when everyone is fully fit

Offers much more than Brandon Barker and 'the second-best finisher at the club' but given less opportunity?
The management team are playing favourites.
Not seeing that at all. Not a fan of Barker but he is ahead of Stewart.

Brandon Barker p90 in the league.
2nd in Expected Assists
12th in Key Passes
10th in Secondary Shot Assists
4th in Establishing Passes
1st in Scoring Chance Key Passes

Greg Stewart? Probably 1st in passing straight back to the guy who passed to him.

He's "ok" as a squad player.

The thing that has always been noticeable to me is that there is a lack of fluidity to his play. He seems very rigid and his mobility is staggered. We need players who are more fluid and who can chop and change direction with ease in order to make and receive passes. I think he is lacking in that department. And this adds up to him having very little end product.

Reactions: MSF
Not seeing that at all. Not a fan of Barker but he is ahead of Stewart.

2nd in Expected Assists
12th in Key Passes
10th in Secondary Shot Assists
4th in Establishing Passes
1st in Scoring Chance Key Passes

Greg Stewart? Probably 1st in passing straight back to the guy who passed to him.

Where you getting these stats from, MSF? They cannot be our league and his performances for us.
You also forgot his goals against Aberdeen in one of the very few opportunities he's had.

Where you getting these stats from, MSF? They cannot be our league and his performances for us.
You also forgot his goals against Aberdeen in one of the very few opportunities he's had.
RangersReport on Twitter mate.

Aberdeen has been his only decent game here. 783 minutes, 6 starts & most against poor opposition (St Josephs etc) but he has never shown enough. Which is why his career up until now has been poor.

Sorry about all these threads
Last one promise!
Just want to give a mention to Greg Stewart who got a chance today and thought he did not to bad considering his lack of playing time. I’ve been vocal in saying he could do a job for us and I stand by that. Hopefully he can be more involved.
My uncle works with his dad and he says that He wants just a run of games to show the fans what he can do.
Boys abit lost on why he’s not been getting more game time, this season and last.

fingers crossed for you Greg.
I like him and hope he gets a run of games to give the fans a proper chance to judge..The most important thing for me about him, he always looks like he is giving everything for the jersey.

I thought he played quite well last night to be honest.
Most of the team,in fairness didn't play to any great tempo and even the gaffer said we didn't get out of first gear, don't know if that was due to the surface or players not wanting to risk injuries,but I still think he's a more than decent squad player.

Aberdeen has been his only decent game here. 783 minutes, 6 starts & most against poor opposition (St Josephs etc) but he has never shown enough. Which is why his career up until now has been poor.
[/
Greg at rangers-458 min 3 goals 4 assists
Barker 744 min 1 goal 0 assists
Hagi 1394 min 4 goals 5 assists

Stewart has played on average 5 games,3 goals and 4 assists is not a bad return imo
Barker on average 8 games,1 goal and 0 assists hmmmmm
Hagi on average 15 games,4 goals and 5 assists again hmmmmm

If you want to start with stats get them right,if you want to go with stats then there it is,all I'm saying is this guy deserves a better chance than he's getting,others get that chance and don't do any better than the stats say so why not him

Also I forgot to include at his time at Dundee he was voted in the top 4 spfl player of year by his peers from the spfl 2 years in a row,not too shabby for someone with a poor career and clearly can't play in some people's eyes

Not on Twitter but I repeat these figures cannot be for his time with us.
2nd in Expected Assists - has he had sufficient games to even have this stat?
12th in Key Passes - can you remember who he played in?
10th in Secondary Shot Assists - don't know what this means
4th in Establishing Passes - see above
1st in Scoring Chance Key Passes - not a chance.

Don't wish the boy any ill-will but he never looks like he believes in himself and at the level he's playing at that's a fundamental pre-requisite. Beale believes he can get a tune out of him and sees him as a project but BB does nothing during games to justify his inclusion in the starting eleven for me.
Said it before, I'd like to see actual performances in competitive games carry much more weight than training when it comes to selection. Some guys just can't switch it on to the same extent if it's not 'real' and, although I accept that's a weakness, you want to field the best players not the best trainers.

Don't wish the boy any ill-will but he never looks like he believes in himself and at the level he's playing at that's a fundamental pre-requisite. Beale believes he can get a tune out of him and sees him as a project but BB does nothing during games to justify his inclusion in the starting eleven for me.
Said it before, I'd like to see actual performances in competitive games carry much more weight than training when it comes to selection. Some guys just can't switch it on to the same extent if it's not 'real' and, although I accept that's a weakness, you want to field the best players not the best trainers.
Barker played 744 min,on avg 8 games,scored 1 and no assists
Hagi played 1394 min,on avg 15 games,scored 4 and 5 assists
Stewart played 458 min,on avg 5 games,scored 3 and 4 assists
All these stats are with rangers

Barker played 744 min,on avg 8 games,scored 1 and no assists
Hagi played 1394 min,on avg 15 games,scored 4 and 5 assists
Stewart played 458 min,on avg 5 games,scored 3 and 4 assists
All these stats are with Rangers
To me those numbers say Stewart gives us more than either of the other two, in fact he's better than both together. :cool:

I think he does believe in himself but carries the weight of failure with him at all times because as has happened so far at rangers if he doesn't perform he finds himself stuck on bench at best,I don't disagree with dropping him if he doesn't play well,my gripe is why it doesn't happen to others when they don't perform

He's a quiet natured lad and in my opinion makes it easy for gerrard when it comes to dropping players,he's not the type of lad to go chapping the gaffers door asking why whereas others would be demanding an explanation. He loves being there,its his club and maybe if he did shout his anger at not being played it might change the gaffers mind about him

I think he does believe in himself but carries the weight of failure with him at all times because as has happened so far at Rangers if he doesn't perform he finds himself stuck on bench at best,I don't disagree with dropping him if he doesn't play well,my gripe is why it doesn't happen to others when they don't perform

He's a quiet natured lad and in my opinion makes it easy for gerrard when it comes to dropping players,he's not the type of lad to go chapping the gaffers door asking why whereas others would be demanding an explanation. He loves being there,its his club and maybe if he did shout his anger at not being played it might change the gaffers mind about him
You talking of Greg Stewart or BB? My comment on self-belief was on Barker.

Considering the standard of opposition, I thought he was brutal last night.

Can’t see it with him personally. I think it would be best for both parties if he moved on and we re-invested the cash elsewhere in the squad.

I keep seeing this "not good enough" statement and as yet nobody has suggested what is "good enough" to get in the team that hasn't yet won anything

Snipped the rest of your quote, but good enough Is an opinion, but theres still levels to it

Not knocking Stewart, but if you look at who's normally playing ahead of him week-in week-out, they are better players. This doesn't make him a bad player, just someone who will get less opportunitys

He should really be at least making the bench every week in the league & starting either when we have injuries or against teams where we need a 'smarter' player, rather than just using the pace option that Barker/Jones give. So should hopefully see a lot more of him

He will need to give some big performances to still be here next season though as IMO upgrades will be made in Midfield and on Barker/Jones so he will drop even further down the pecking order

Snipped the rest of your quote, but good enough Is an opinion, but theres still levels to it

Not knocking Stewart, but if you look at who's normally playing ahead of him week-in week-out, they are better players. This doesn't make him a bad player, just someone who will get less opportunitys

He should really be at least making the bench every week in the league & starting either when we have injuries or against teams where we need a 'smarter' player, rather than just using the pace option that Barker/Jones give. So should hopefully see a lot more of him

He will need to give some big performances to still be here next season though as IMO upgrades will be made in Midfield and on Barker/Jones so he will drop even further down the pecking order
I agree with the majority your saying mate but there's couple of things there that I don't quite get. Firstly if he's a smarter player than those ahead of him then why isn't he playing more because every week now we're seeing the opposition getting harder to break down and imo that's because the players are not smart enough to do it which brings me to my second point,yes we're winning just now but again imo I think we struggle to break teams down and kill them off but teams are used to our predictable style now,if and when we struggle these so called better players are still the ones who are tasked with getting us results and it's so frustrating to watch knowing there's potentially a player who could do that for us,if he can't then so be it but give him a decent run and I think there would be a few people surprised by him

Back