Greg Stewart

Thought he had to sit a little deeper than he’d like given how high Hagi, Roofe and Itten were. Worked hard but found it difficult at times to go and play a part in the attacks because it was moving so quickly. Would like to see him in the 10 at some point

That might be because Gerrard thought Aribo was still the best option.

Of course, but he was close to a start then nothing. Then the aberdeen game where he played really well, then nothing. I'm not arguing too much against SG decisions btw, my only gripe is he could have the fringe players getting some more time and able to stand in. Was it hearts we had to play GS as a CF?

Tbh he's not going to make it here he's taking a spot that should either go to a new signing or a youth team player

Think he’s a good option off the bench and will no doubt be turned to if we (hopefully) have a 60 game season ahead. One of those who’re not quite there but will do a turn when SG calls on them. He can fill a number of positions in the front 5 so we should be keeping him

Agree with your last points there.
I’ve posted this before but, I’ll say again.
A left footer coming in from the right causes defences all sorts of headaches.
You don’t need pace at this point, just a bit of vision and an ability to find a yard to shoot or play that decisive pass.

I think it's a tad unfair to judge him as he has never had a proper run of games. Really tough being dropped in here & there

The problem he has now is that a run of games will be harder to come by given the squad is better.

I do think his movement is really good as he drops off & is adept at finding pockets of space which would be useful against teams who park the bus

Sorry about all these threads
Last one promise!
Just want to give a mention to Greg Stewart who got a chance today and thought he did not to bad considering his lack of playing time. I’ve been vocal in saying he could do a job for us and I stand by that. Hopefully he can be more involved.
My uncle works with his dad and he says that He wants just a run of games to show the fans what he can do.
Boys abit lost on why he’s not been getting more game time, this season and last.

fingers crossed for you Greg.
He didn’t impress at all against part timers

He didn’t impress at all against part timers
If u get a chance watch the game back, he was on the go constantly making space for others, cracking header for Morelos goal also.

If I'm honest and I'm not trying to insult anyone if you have played football at a decent level you would appreciate what he does for the team more.

Honestly very poor, good bluenose and nice guy , the shot in second half with left foot miles off target proved that . Good player but not 55 standard

Aye mate. Done well that day. Makes too many poor decisions in the final third for me. Leverkusen was criminal tbh, no matter the scoreline.
I’m 100% in agreement mate. I’m sure it was Arfield even a pass to against Leverkusen and it’s a tap in for us, regardless of result. He’s one of us and got on a bus I know a lot of people from but he isn’t good enough imo.

I think he’s a good enough squad player but I would limit him to games against the supposed bottom 4 or 5 plus and on those shitty plastic pitches, I think he does not to bad on those.

Can someone,anyone explain when they say that he's "not good enough" for us? what is "not good enough" exactly,considering the players who are playing every week and we haven't won a thing in the same time he's been there,are those same players "good enough"?

Stewart is an edge of the box player, he kept coming deep which really isn't his game but he was obviously trying to impress. It just meant he would recieve the ball from the defenders and then pass it straight back as its not in his game to turn and drive at a midfield/defence. Nice header for alfie though

In defo one of the people who thinks we underuse Stewart but I was kinda disappointed with him tonight. Just never got involved much. Assist aside of course

Honestly I’m not convinced Stewart can make a difference

IMO he’s a squad player but I don’t think he adds enough to the team when he’s had a chance

I just don’t see what value he adds

He might be okay for a squad player but it’s up to him to prove us wrong and he can add something to the team

I don’t think he’s good enough for us. He’s one of these players who becomes better and better the less you see of him.

Sorry about all these threads
Last one promise!
Just want to give a mention to Greg Stewart who got a chance today and thought he did not to bad considering his lack of playing time. I’ve been vocal in saying he could do a job for us and I stand by that. Hopefully he can be more involved.
My uncle works with his dad and he says that He wants just a run of games to show the fans what he can do.
Boys abit lost on why he’s not been getting more game time, this season and last.

fingers crossed for you Greg.

He's living the dream

Have to disagree with the OP - he’s not quick enough to play out wide and not good enough to play no.10 or as a striker. But if the gaffer and coaching staff think he’s worth keeping, he has my backing. Always enjoy it having written off a player and then they prove me wrong!

I think he's an intelligent player with decent ability. A good squad option but we've better first team choices.

He's miles away from it

Not really his fault maybe he's not had a run of games but we are not in a position to give him that.

Would love to offload

I keep seeing this "not good enough" statement and as yet nobody has suggested what is "good enough" to get in the team that hasn't yet won anything,does this also apply to the gaffer because he hasn't won anything yet as a manager,I say this only as an example of giving somebody a decent chance,run of games,fair opportunity to show what they can do,he done it against Aberdeen and Hamilton,scored twice as sub against hearts and was thrown in at deep end against hearts and yes he had a bad game but who didn't,opposed to 2 2nd half of the season major collapses by the management seems a bit harsh imo,all this boy is looking for is a decent opportunity to prove himself and I honestly think that he hasn't had that.just think people are quick to start pointing fingers but we're all in this together,he wouldn't be there if he couldn't play,he wouldn't be there if management didn't see something he could offer so if there's pointing fingers and comments of not good enough to be made make them to the management who seem to get backed for being not good enough.

I’ve advocated more game time for him but I think we might have witnessed today why he doesn’t get more opportunities.

Today was a freebie for the guys who came in to try and impress. Don’t think Stewart managed that.

I was also disappointed in Itten but I won’t be forming any opinion him until he gets a few more games and a couple of goals under his belt.

Still don’t get why stewart barker etc all
Got there chance yet Murphy never

Because they train well everyday and when they play in bounce games for example they give it their all to try and impress the manager. That's the attitude the manager wants so if you do that and impress him you're going to be given opportunities.

I thought Stewart was poor in the first half maybe down to rustiness from not playing much football but was better in the 2nd half. Got an assist and unlucky not to score as well keeper made a good save from him. I think he's a decent squad player option to have but that's all he is for me.

Because they train well everyday and when they play in bounce games for example they give it their all to try and impress the manager. That's the attitude the manager wants so if you do that and impress him you're going to be given opportunities.

I thought Stewart was poor in the first half maybe down to rustiness from not playing much football but was better in the 2nd half. Got an assist and unlucky not to score as well keeper made a good save from him. I think he's a decent squad player option to have but that's all he is for me.
I think Murphy was really hard done by tho I thought every time he played in a rangers shirt he was excellent , got a bad injury went out on Loan to prove himself and get fitness , again was a stand out over that spell, yet never got the chance when he came back

Back