Greg Stewart

Kai Kennedy is better in literally every department.

But he had to get games.

He filled his squad role, decent player, nothing more to it than that.

He`s a good player with a fine football brain and some talent to spot a pass, play it, hit the bye line for a good cross, and also be in the right place at the right time. I reckon/hope if Defoe calls it a day with us, as some rumours suggest, we might offer him another season as 4th choice back-up.

IMHO, we totally underused him these last 24 months, not least when we needed to break down teams who sat deep, when pace and physicallity wasn`t the right recipe. We all know what (dire) games I speak of, yet certain player were beyond substitution. Just MHO.

Very very staunch.

He's also one of the best trainers at the club which I think is one of the main reasons Gerrard likes him.

He tries hard but he is nowhere near one of the best trainers. Someone like Scott Wright puts him to shame never mind the big boys.

No harm against him, hope he has a decent career and that.

Last edited:
Said on the match thread yesterday that if Greg can accept being third sub I'd like to see him stay. A clever footballer, comfortable on the ball and in the SPFL, a left-footer and can be a danger in and around the box.
The harsh truth is that Gerrard doesn't see him the the first 22, but, for me, he'd be in a pool of 28.
On the other hand keeping him may restrict the development of our younger players.:confused:

Said on the match thread yesterday that if Greg can accept being third sub I'd like to see him stay. A clever footballer, comfortable on the ball and in the SPFL, a left-footer and can be a danger in and around the box.
The harsh truth is that Gerrard doesn't see him the the first 22, but, for me, he'd be in a pool of 28.
On the other hand keeping him may restrict the development of our younger players.:confused:
How many subs will there be going forward is another issue.

As a cameo yesterday he was excellent for 10 mins. Fair play to him for grinding on this season....he looked proper mental in the changing rooms also!!
Shame that Jermaine didn't manage to bury Greg Stewart's pass near the end.
It was a lovely piece of unselfish and very aware piece of football.
Normally the wee striker would have hit the net with ease, but lack of minutes has probably blunted his usually reliable sharpness.
I hope Greg enjoyed himself yesterday, he has been a supporting member of the cast, but clearly, he has remained a positive influence in his limited role which is to his credit.

Stewart played well when he came in yesterday. For me he has always impressed more with the brief cameos than as a starter.

He was very good yesterday. He was loving life afterwards as well. Be good to see more of him rest of the season.

Well, we will have to see what happens. Going by his recent form, Alfredo will have quite a few suitors in the not too distant future while Defoe, as noted above, might want more football than he got with us. That would leave us, long term, with Roofe and Itten ... even though I would assume that we will have a few targets. And with those it remains to be seen whether they can handle the pressure (and likewise hardly any of our additions this season have had to cope with 50k Bears roaring them on or giving it tight to them, should they not look up for it). Stewart has seen it all though. We shall see.

I’ve n
He tries hard but he is nowhere near one of the best trainers. Someone like Scott Wright puts him to shame never mind the big boys.

No harm against him, hope he has a decent career and that.
I’ve never been near Auchenhowie. Who’s the better ones of the squad in terms of training.

The lad had an interesting cameo yesterday and he managed to cram a fair bit into his 10min.

I’m not sure I agree with those who say he lacks pace.

Clearly we have others who are rightly above Stewart in the pecking order but I wouldn’t be worried about him getting a few appearances in the games that are left. Especially if it could let him qualify for a medal.

I expect Gerrard to help out anybody on the cusp of getting a gong.

Very nice touch from the gaffer getting him on yesterday, im sure he realises how much it means to the players that grew up supporting us

Think stewart will get more minutes in the remaining fixtures ,we are prob looking to sell him so put him in the shop window

That’s what I like about Gerrard. He gets what football and supporting a team means.

Stewart didn’t need to come on yesterday, but Gerrard will know that he’s a massive fan and that will stick with him forever.

He looked lean and sharper than ever before! Heard he’s a great trainer.

For the match time he's had this season, I thought that was a smashing 10 minutes or so that he put in. Hopefully see him getting more time from now to the end of the season

Every time we see him he does well. He’s a backup, not quite good enough to oust those ahead of him, but totally reliable when called upon.
Hopefully, he'll get more opportunities in the remaining games especially if we can progress further in Europe. :))

I wonder what it’s like be a bit part player or a sub goalie.

I briefly forgot Greg Stewart played for us.

good on him for not letting his head drop

Back