Greg Stewart

Nobody on here wanted him when he left Dundee in 2016. He’s been average or worse for 2 and a half years since then, and is pushing 30. But now people want him. Odd.

Absolute rubbish. He was a stand-out for Killie in the first half of the season. The same Killie we’ve managed to get two points from this season.

Absolute rubbish. He was a stand-out for Killie in the first half of the season. The same Killie we’ve managed to get two points from this season.

Exactly. Your maths isn’t great, mate. Has he done much else in the 3 years?

A honest way to judge a player is ti imagine Celtic signing them.

i.e Jones to Celtic, Hastie to Celtic, Stewart to Celtic.

If you think... Nae Danger! Then like me you may feel slightly concerned.

Hope Im wrong.

That's for the ones who say Candeias is shite etc. He is still our best right sided winger. That's not a dig at Hastie or his age.

Fair one mate. FWIW I think DC will stay at the club. No way SG is moving him on after signing a 19 year old with potential. It may happen in January should Hastie or Stewart for that matter, play regularly. But that remains to be seen.

Exactly. Your maths isn’t great, mate. Has he done much else in the 3 years?

Ah right enough lol. Never my strong point tbh mate.

And to answer I’ve no clue, I’ve only really taken much of an interest in him this season. Surely that’s what matters though, how he’s playing now I mean? Only as good as your last game and all that.

Lewis Morgan, Scott Bain, Jonny Hayes...

Indeed. Celtic have bought some absolute mince the past few seasons so I’m not sure we should be judging it on that. A lot of Rogers success there was down to him developing and getting more out of what they already had.

Need goals, goals and more goals in the team, so hopefully this will help turn some of these draws into wins!

d7V03UM.gif

Anyone seen him regularly enough to say whether or not he'll be able to contribute? I remember him being pretty good against us at Killie but useless with the sheep and their turgid style of play.
Gave Barasic a torrid time up in sheepville but I think I could give Barasic a torrid time and I’m a cripple.I think the boy will be a good addition to the squad.

So long as it’s the ones who don’t fancy him!

Unlikely, as even those who do fancy him understand he’ll just be a squad player and nothing more.

The people banging on greeting non stop about him seem to think he’s being brought in as a starter ahead of our summer targets, which is very confusing.

Stewart was excellent at Kilmarnock. Never seemed to do it at the sheep. That to me is down to the manager, Killie play football and the sheep are hammer throwers. We will get the best out of him when he plays.

Greg Stewart reminds you of Gary McAllister?
In terms of quality of footballer?
I have never downed Stewart in any way but that is ridiculous.

hope he proves me wrong. Just feel even for a squad player his stats are poor.

Since leaving Dundee. 82 games played and 12 goals. 61 of those games against the shitty SPFL defenders.
I wonder if Gerrard and his team have access to these stats.
Or if they can see beyond them.

Pleased about this, anyone who doesn't think we need new squad players after yesterday needs their head looked at.

Anyone who doesn't know the difference between squad players and 1st team players doesn't know much about how football works.

He will need to lose a lot of weight before he will be a success here. I trust Gerrard and the team to do that, tough pre season for him coming up I reckon.

If Greg Stewart wasn’t good enough to hold down a place in the Birmingham City team it is quite difficult to figure out why he is likely to make a significant difference with Rangers.

Ryan Kent struggled out on loan last season to the point where Liverpool were thinking on releasing him. Rangers was last chance saloon for him. Look what happened. £12m player now.

Out of the three so far this one worries me, I just don’t think he can keep himself fit or has the mentality

I’ve been very wrong before

You only have to look at our season to see why we would be looking to make additions who have a proven performance level in Scotland.

We don't need to beat teams like Liverpool or Man City to win the SPL we need to beat teams like Killie, Hibs and Aberdeen more often.

We gambled on thinking guys like Grezda could do that, it makes sense to cut the cost and spend safe on someone like Stewart who has shown he can do that

He will need to lose a lot of weight before he will be a success here. I trust Gerrard and the team to do that, tough pre season for him coming up I reckon.

Certainly carrying a bit of timber, a tough preseason and hopefully he’ll be a lot sharper and fitter

Jamie Murphy isn't the quickest but he offers something that very few others in our squad do and that's the ability to carry the ball past a man.

Stewart is similar in that regard.

It’s brilliant how quick people rule players out on here, I remember before kamara joined people on here were questioning the signing and saying he won’t get a game he’s a squad player etc, now look at him :) all the best Greg!

We need quality over quantity!

This is becoming an FF myth.

We’re going to lose double figures of players in the summer and we’re not going to bring in 9/10 absolute first team quality players on our budget.

We do need some quantity regardless.

Back