Greg Stewart

The Liverpool player I would mostly compare Stewarts style of play is with is Lallana.

He is often a sub and comes on when they are struggling to create against stubborn defences.

Stewart can skin a man from a standing start, he has very quick feet. Hopefully he can adapt to the pressures of playing for us and provide us with a part of the game we have been lacking in.

My opinion,when I’ve watched him,he lacks consistency and desire!,but maybe a pre-season,under our management team,can shape or mould something different from him.

The Liverpool player I would mostly compare Stewarts style of play is with is Lallana.

He is often a sub and comes on when they are struggling to create against stubborn defences.

Stewart can skin a man from a standing start, he has very quick feet. Hopefully he can adapt to the pressures of playing for us and provide us with a part of the game we have been lacking in.

I’d much rather have Lallana. :)

My opinion,when I’ve watched him,he lacks consistency and desire!,but maybe a pre-season,under our management team,can shape or mould something different from him.

Dunno about the desire but spot on about consistency for sure. That comes with the territory of signing a player like that though.

This is becoming an FF myth.

We’re going to lose double figures of players in the summer and we’re not going to bring in 9/10 absolute first team quality players on our budget.

We do need some quantity regardless.
We have a squad of +30. The majority of folk leaving don’t need replaced. Herrera, Holt, Alnwick, Dodoo & co.

This is becoming an FF myth.

We’re going to lose double figures of players in the summer and we’re not going to bring in 9/10 absolute first team quality players on our budget.

We do need some quantity regardless.

How many players are we going to lose who have actually played more than 1 game for us? Genuinely. I don’t think it’s many at all.

McAuley, Worrall, Coulibaly (who has arguably been replaced by Kamara already), Lafferty and Grezda. Anyone else? Barisic maybe.

We’ve already made 3 signings. We also have Docherty and Rossiter returning. Then there’s Polster too, who was randomly added.

Everybody criticising these signings,could be haunted by one word. KAMARA

Or it could go the other way - Michael O'Halloran.

Not every Scottish based player will turn out to be an Aluko or Kamara.

We will be lucky with some and others will just be as shite as some suggested.

Lets hope they success rate is higher than the non successful ones. I want the league title next season so I'm hoping Stewart, Jones, Hastie and who ever we all sign, deliver.

Its obvious the manager doesn't fancy lafferty,, we could lose morelos and defoe could be recalled in the summer or xmas,, rudden is probably not ready,, so there is need for an experienced squad player

Its obvious the manager doesn't fancy lafferty,, we could lose morelos and defoe could be recalled in the summer or xmas,, rudden is probably not ready,, so there is need for an experienced squad player

Stewart couldn’t do the job of any of them, as he’s not a striker.

He could play 10, but not an option as a 9.

How many players are we going to lose who have actually played more than 1 game for us? Genuinely. I don’t think it’s many at all.

McAuley, Worrall, Coulibaly (who has arguably been replaced by Kamara already), Lafferty and Grezda. Anyone else? Barisic maybe.

We’ve already made 3 signings. We also have Docherty and Rossiter returning. Then there’s Polster too, who was randomly added.

Alnwick ?
Hodson ?
Dorrans ?
Rossiter ?
Wallace
Holt ?
Hardie ?
Dodoo ?

He’d go straight into the first 11 when we play 433, he possesses a lot more quality than Candeias.

Otherwise, coupled with Murphy he gives us a lot of depth

Was a bit meh when the possibility of him signing was proposed but the idea has grown on me and I look forward to see his contribution to our cause - it could well be significant.
In any case, like all players coming to us, he deserves a chance to show what he can do in the famous jersey.

Mate, how the hell do any of those players need replaced? How many appearances do they have between them?

Just because the previous ones were shit, it doesn’t mean they don’t need replaced.

If we replace them with players who can contribute, then it helps everyone. We can rotate the team, we can freshen things up which we haven’t been able to do as much this year when we’ve been in four competitions.

Just because the previous ones were shit, it doesn’t mean they don’t need replaced.

If we replace them with players who can contribute, then it helps everyone. We can rotate the team, we can freshen things up which we haven’t been able to do as much this year when we’ve been in four competitions.
We don’t need a squad of +30 players. They players do not need replaced.

Kenny Miller,Kris Boyd,Scott McDonald,Billy Dodds I could go on they all flourished when they made a step up at least give Stewart a chance.

Last edited:
Jamie Murphy isn't the quickest but he offers something that very few others in our squad do and that's the ability to carry the ball past a man.

Stewart is similar in that regard.

Also Importantly goals, we missed Murphy goals big time this year. Candeias and Kent were woefully short in this department.

?????? Please explain. In what way does he remind you of our Gary?
Not sure I'd compare him to McAllister but he is a midfielder who is very good with the ball at his feet, can make the creative pass, but not the quickest. It depends what Gerrard has in mind, but he must want him for a reason.

With the right coaching some of these signings could turn out very good. Look at some of the young pretty average Scottish talent the Rats had and how they have turned them in to decent players. There is no reason to suggest players like Hayes and Christie were better than Stewart before they signed for them.

With the right coaching some of these signings could turn out very good. Look at some of the young pretty average Scottish talent the Rats had and how they have turned them in to decent players. There is no reason to suggest players like Hayes and Christie were better than Stewart before they signed for them.
Stewart is 29 years old. Twenty nine.

Theyre is no more improvement/development left in him. What you see is what you get.

Stop comparing him to boys who are about 23 years old, and better than him.

Theyre is no more improvement/development left in him. What you see is what you get.

Fucking hell really?

I did not know that. Should pay more attention.

Including loan returns and new signings, and excluding those out of contract, our squad stands at 36 players.

If the dross are replaced as well, the squad is far too big and Mark Allen is doing an awful job on the balance and planning front.

We will hopefully lose a lot but the amount of signings needed from here on in is a lot less than some are hinting at.

What a load of nonsense, with better coaches and players around him there can be improvements made.

Compare Ronnie to Brendan’s team.

Including loan returns and new signings, and excluding those out of contract, our squad stands at 36 players.

If the dross are replaced as well, the squad is far too big and Mark Allen is doing an awful job on the balance and planning front.

We will hopefully lose a lot but the amount of signings needed from here on in is a lot less than some are hinting at.
Is he really doing a bad job on that front or is he merely trying to sort out the mess he inherited?

What a load of nonsense, with better coaches and players around him there can be improvements made.

Compare Ronnie to Brendan’s team.
Not at 29 years old.

Rodgers is a top class coach & got more out of McGregor, Forrest, Tierney & the rest of their young squad. Who is the old players he improved?

Case can be made for Brown but it was more making him sit deep rather than run about like a headless chicken that improved him.

Not at 29 years old.

Rodgers is a top class coach & got more out of McGregor, Forrest, Tierney & the rest of their young squad. Who is the old players he improved?

Case can be made for Brown but it was more making him sit deep rather than run about like a headless chicken that improved him.

So Brown improved then, yes?

Is he really doing a bad job on that front or is he merely trying to sort out the mess he inherited?
I think he is doing a pretty average to poor job.

The squad is unbalanced as the poster says, and we’re adding players that aren’t needed. Such as Polster, what was the need in wasting that wage?

Back