Greg Stewart

Agree with this. He's got a good touch and could well prove to be the man break down a tight defence.

No sentimentality towards 55 and Greg Stewart is a massive reason that there should be no emotion attached to a potential Candeais exit. It's the same for anyone

I think he’ll grow now that he’s got better players around him. He’s capable of playing with the kinds of pace the gaffer is looking for

Excellent control and some lovely touches like the look of him.
Could be the clever player that can open up tight defenses.

I’ve been impressed in the games Ive seen him. He almost scored with another cut in from the right touchline, alá Oxford, if Defoe hadn’t got in the way. His assist was lovely, the ball just rolled into Defoe’s run, easy meat for the wee man.

There’s every chance two of our key players this season will be the two many on here moaned about signing (Jones and Stewart)

You’re 100% correct in your comments.
I’m one who questioned them before they were signed but hopefully will be proven wrong. Too early to say still although Stewart looks like an intelligent player.

Like many decent players over the years, play in an average team and you will appear to be an average player that can show 'moments' of really good play.

He's now getting that opportunity to play with better players in a better team, with better coaching......hopefully the lad takes his chance and proves any doubters wrong.

I said at the time when we were linked with him that Greg would be a really good addition to our squad of players.

Looks like he'll be good against teams who pack the defence; quite a few times he did something a bit different when others would have played it back the way.

I can see him becoming a proper super sub that comes on at 60 minutes against the Sheep and St Johnstones of the world.

Think he will chip in nicely with a few assists and goals this season. I was impressed with him tonight

No sentimentality towards 55 and Greg Stewart is a massive reason that there should be no emotion attached to a potential Candeais exit. It's the same for anyone
Candeias is a better right winger than Stewart. By a distance.

The gaffer is putting together an excellent squad , and Greg Stewart looks like a good addition , first to admit I was not impressed when I heard he was coming here and said as much on this forum.
In these situations , i love being wrong.
Long may it continue :cool:

He's a very clever player and will be an excellent option for unlocking teams that sit in that we struggled with last season.

I'm very surprised how good he actually is with the ball at this feet. Very intelligent player and was impressed by him tonight knowing what to do in the tight areas. Opposition not great aye, but hopefully it comes in handy for the 10 behind the ball in the SPL. Just that little moment to get a pass through or play someone in.

Very clever footballer but lets reign it in a bit eh (that goes for every player) ? A Scottish Amateur Select Team would give that mob a game.

Some very pleasing signs so far from lots of the players and the team overall but plenty of sterner tests to come for this team.

was nominated for POTY whilst at Dundee...

That's all well and good mate, but doesn't change the fact he's been seen by the majority as nothing better than average with glimpses up until now.

As said, with better surroundings, I hope the lad proves the ability that earned him that nomination was not a one off.

Very clever footballer but lets reign it in a bit eh (that goes for every player) ? A Scottish Amateur Select Team would give that mob a game.

Some very pleasing signs so far from lots of the players and the team overall but plenty of sterner tests to come for this team.
Like Kilmarnock, you mean?

A good start against one of the worst sides I've seen at Ibrox.

Didnt see the appeal of the signing initially but he has made a promising start.

He's going to be a good player for us. I think he had a relatively quiet 1st half, but was involved in a lot of nice play in the 2nd.

The wee back flick for Defoe to run on to was superb. Another intelligent player added to the squad.

Very impressive 2nd half.

Linked up really well with Arfield and Defoe.

Reminded me of Kanchelskis in a Rangers shirt the way he uses his body to protect the ball, the little flashes of trickery.

As already stated his link up play with Arfield was particularly impressive. Also, his trickery in the box must be a nightmare for defenders. Gives us another option when attacking.

Against a packed defence he can find the little spaces and link the play, something we have lacked

Back