Greg stewart

greggakd

Sure today’s conditions and pitch weren’t the best, but I found with stewart’s game today, what was lacking wouldn’t have been something due to the weather/pitch.

His touch, positioning, passing and interest in general seemed very poor.

Don’t think he’s done himself much favours if he’s one of the ones giving Gerrard daggers

I don’t think the conditions and the pitch did any favours to any of the players today tbh but they have to step it up in the long run and I’m sure they all know it.

As I said in the OP, wind doesn’t affect your desire or positioning etc.

I’m behind the team and want every player to do well, he just seemed disinterested to me but perhaps i was reading it incorrectly

These threads are pish to be honest.

The conditions were poor. As said on another thread Aribo and Ojo were critisized after the Killie game.

It was a shit pitch and blowing a gale FFS.

This. Stewart had a poor game. It happens. No need for this thread until he has, say, a month of poor games.

Aside to all the reasons why we shouldn’t overly judge players today I’ll add in the fact that we need to know how the players will play in the first 11. Playing 11 players who haven’t played together is great for fitness but the dynamics of the ‘1st’ team will be a shit load different. We need to see how a Stewart fits in with Davis, Jack, tav etc around him.

Anyone who has played football has had what happened to Greg today happen before, when you are playing a team levels below you but nothing goes for you.

Just seemed like 1 of them games for him - wouldnt write him off on the basis of that performance but imo even at his best he struggles to get in our 18 on most matchdays

I seriously doubt he will ever make the grade at Ibrox , but have to give him a chance to prove he can I suppose.

Sure today’s conditions and pitch weren’t the best, but I found with stewart’s game today, what was lacking wouldn’t have been something due to the weather/pitch.

Don’t think he’s done himself much favours if he’s one of the ones giving Gerrard daggers

Regardless, surely his touch and passing would relate to the conditions?

Awful day for football. Awful park.

We won 3.0.

If you want to critise folk maybe do it when we are playing on a better park.

Overall, another clean sheet with a back 4 who is our second string.

Brilliant by them.

Don't judge players on a game or two, I'm not comparing his quality to the likes of Mark Hateley, but he was slaughtered five minutes into his career and look how it turned out, we seem obsessed with negativity in this country, give the guy a chance, 60 minutes in a force 10 gale, played on a surface more suited to tomatoes in Asda is not the place to judge the guy.

Aribo handled the conditions fine and put in a brilliant performance.

So why is Stewart getting away with that as an excuse?

If other players coped fine with it, why can Stewart not as well?

The only difference is Aribo is a quality player, Stewart is a few levels down from Aribo.

It’s got nothing to do with shite conditions, good players will always shine through, like Aribo today.

I think he looks and sounds (from his RTV interview) like a man who is overawed by life at Rangers still. Give him time, but he did not enhance his reputation today.

He’s not really a right winger either. Added to the conditions and the pitch I would say it’s harsh judging him.
If Gerrard wants to play the intricate passing and 1-2’s around the box then Greg Stewart will fit into that nicely when called on. Today wasn’t a day for attractive football

He's here as a member of the squad on low risk wages.

He allows us to rest key players in fixtures like this and can be thrown on in tight games as he's got the ability to see passes others don't.

Low risk squad member who'll play a part.

Aribo handled the conditions fine and put in a brilliant performance.

So why is Stewart getting away with that as an excuse?

If other players coped fine with it, why can Stewart not as well?

The only difference is Aribo is a quality player, Stewart is a few levels down from Aribo.

It’s got nothing to do with shite conditions, good players will always shine through, like Aribo today.

This. Stewart was awful. He’s the back up of the back up for me. I’d definitely be looking for another striker if we make the Europa groups.

He will do ok once he settles, again he will make a good squad player like Halliday

Bad day for that comparison! He really was disastrous today. I sometimes wonder if James' value to Gerrard is more off the park than on, although to be fair he is better when surrounded by better players.

Aside to all the reasons why we shouldn’t overly judge players today I’ll add in the fact that we need to know how the players will play in the first 11. Playing 11 players who haven’t played together is great for fitness but the dynamics of the ‘1st’ team will be a shit load different. We need to see how a Stewart fits in with Davis, Jack, tav etc around him.

This, the team doesnt change completely every week, any of these players come in to replace one and still have the main players already there.

Anyone who has played football has had what happened to Greg today happen before, when you are playing a team levels below you but nothing goes for you.

Exactly this. Sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try, it just doesn't work out.

I can't get my head round this one game and we're pish. Stewart came on v Hibs and was directly involved in two goals.

Exactly this. Sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try, it just doesn't work out.

I can't get my head round this one game and we're pish. Stewart came on v Hibs and was directly involved in two goals.

Could see that nothing was working for him he is a decent player and will prob make less than 10 starts this season and hopefully contribute some goals assists

Couldn't criticise any player for not performing on these shite plastic pitches.He'll do a job for us.

It's never easy moving to a club like Rangers I would suggest on the glimpses we've seen he above all others looks a bit overawed at this stage.

I always thought he looked quite clever on the ball but he's not looked like that for us that suggest to me he's feeling the pressure-the pitch can't be responsible totally.

Ffs Theres always a need for negativity on here. Conditions where shocking on a crap pitch. Nobody other than Aribo imo stood out. Bigger tests ahead

Back