Greg Stewart

StepoverKing

I'd love to know why Arfield, Ojo and Aribo all started ahead of Stewart today. Arguably been our best player the last couple of league games and sees circa 12 mins today, by which time the game was away from us with Hearts sucking us into into a long ball shit show. Genuinely surprised at why Gerrard doesn't utilise him more. He'd start for me in a three with Morelos and Kent every week, if fit. Has a game intelligence, ability to play defence splitting passes and creates space to get shots away (which was seriously lacking today).

I'd love to know why Arfield, Ojo and Aribo all started ahead of Stewart today. Arguably been our best player the last couple of league games and sees circa 12 mins today, by which time the game was away from us with Hearts sucking us into into a long ball shit show. Genuinely surprised at why Gerrard doesn't utilise him more. He'd start for me in a three with Morelos and Kent every week, if fit. Has a game intelligence, ability to play defence splitting passes and creates space to get shots away (which was seriously lacking today).

Spot on from the op. I cannot understand why Stewart did not start today..

Stewart should have started ahead of Arfield, if Gerrard really wants to play Arfield he should play him instead of Aribo

Stewart being dropped was insane.F uck knows what Gerrard was thinking.A costly mistake imo and not for the first time this season.

Fifteen minutes at the end of a game is taking the pish, not enough time to get into the game and effectively handicapping Stewart. Poor from Gerrard when it was bloody obvious much earlier that Arfield wasn't at the races.

I don't get Ojo playing ahead of Stewart. I understand the need for a bit of pace but hopefully Kent will be the one providing that now.

Gerrard has to stop picking the same players all the time when its clear they are playing pish.

He always talks about players earning the jersey yet many of them don't need to earn it its always there waiting for them to put on regardless

The amount of direct play from Stewart vs sheep and hamilton was more than what the rest of the squad has done all season. It was a welcome change to trying to pass teams to death

criminal Ojo was picked Infront of stewart today

Mad that a under performing player who flew roughly 3500 miles back to Scotland midweek got the nod over Stewart who was in form prior to the break and didn't have to play any football

Its really starting to annoy me that Ojo and Arfield start every game when they both have been really poor in the majority of games

We will be much better when Kent if fit and Stewart plays on the right

We could do with a serious game changer coming off the right flank and someone who can supplement and mix it up along with Kent/Morelos/Defoe.

Arfield and Ojo are frustrating and aren't being utilized well. Imo Ojo is far more effective coming off the right and Arfield is better suited in midfield as most of the game passes him by when he plays in the advanced forward areas.

I know we will get away with it most weeks but games like today are when it really matters and these players need to perform better and deliver more.

Been saying it for the last year. Arfield is not good enough and is a massive problem for us. He needs dropped immediately and wether it’s Stewart or however he should be out the team.

Agreed, hopefully his game time is more limited as Kent and Jones get back to full fitness.

You can't sit and watch his last two months of performances and be happy. He's scored and assisted but his over all performances have been below par. He looks uninterested and hesitant at times.

He reminds me of Windass in that he will score the odd goal but be posted missing for the majority of a match.

Reasons as to why he barely played for Reims last season.

The gaffer has cost us this game today and the Celtic game with his shit team selection thats the bottom line here

Also take into consideration he wasn’t away on internationals and would have been fresh, also he would have been dying for the international break to finish so he can carry his good form n really kick on and show his worth.
I hope to god I don’t see ojo start a game in next few weeks absolute passenger!!

Nosense, a blunder by our captain cost us along with several players not playing to their potential.
Who picked the team? Who repeatedly picks players who let him down. Who watched his captain make yet another goal-losing error? Who waited too long before subbing at least two players who were poor? Who talks about 'tempo', 'being brave' etc. then sends out a team who he must know by now will not stand up to a team of jobbers like Hearts?
The manager has a lot to think about, we've seen this shitshow too many times not to have learned from it.

Who picked the team? Who repeatedly picks players who let him down. Who watched his captain make yet another goal-losing error? Who waited too long before subbing at least two players who were poor? Who talks about 'tempo', 'being brave' etc. then sends out a team who he must know by now will not stand up to a team of jobbers like Hearts?
The manager has a lot to think about, we've seen this shitshow too many times not to have learned from it.

Are you starting the sack Gerrard campain ?

The team on the park should have been more than capable of winning that game as every player out there has shown signs in previous games that they have talent.

Only Tav has been ropey recently.

Agree aribo on the team sheet was the wrong move, as much as before the game I thought that was a bad move, disappointingly I actually expected it from the management team. The make some bonkers changes sometimes, tactics and formation. We see it all the time, the worst being the old firm game which was like a child playing champ manager having won a ticket to manage a game and pick a team/formation/tactics.

The team on the park should have been more than capable of winning that game as every player out there has shown signs in previous games that they have talent.

You're not really a thinker, are you?
I want folk, including yourself after that predicable, hysterical response, to act professionally, focus on the issues and be objective about the solutions.
You should give it a go it rather than just screaming.

Manager clearly has his favs and if you aren't one of them even when you have recently been a standout, then fairly likely you might not feature.

Think this has always been pretty clear but the problem is 2 or 3 of his favs haven't been at the races this season.

You're not really a thinker, are you?
I want folk, including yourself after that predicable, hysterical response, to act professionally, focus on the issues and be objective about the solutions.
You should give it a go it rather than just screaming.

What was I screaming ?

Your rant about Gerrard was more insane than anything i posted.

A slight blip and folk lose the plot.

Mad that a under performing player who flew roughly 3500 miles back to Scotland midweek got the nod over Stewart who was in form prior to the break and didn't have to play any football
This is a concern for me, i have given Gerrard the benefit of the doubt but Arfield has been poor for most of the season, especially away from home.

Now either Gerrard doesn't see what we see or he doesn't want to upset the squad harmony by dropping big name players.

Whatever it may be it needs sorted quick

What was I screaming ?

Your rant about Gerrard was more insane than anything i posted.

A slight blip and folk lose the plot.
An insane rant and I'm losing the plot? Hyperbolic much?
I questioned several decisions by the manager and you ignored those and instead responded like a tabloid 'journalist' desperate for clicks. Is that really what you consider an objective response?
If you don't see consistent flaws here then we're never going to agree.

An insane rant and I'm losing the plot? Hyperbolic much?
I questioned several decisions by the manager and you ignored those and instead responded like a tabloid 'journalist' desperate for clicks. Is that really what you consider an objective response?
If you don't see consistent flaws here then we're never going to agree.

Your having a pop at me for ignoring your comments after clearly ignore mine. You are best ignored.

Recently you say

Back