Grezda back in training

i like candeias but he has his limitations, we badly need someone on the right to bring on.

Hopefully we take our time to slowly get him back up to speed this time, as I thought it was crazy trying to introduce him so early after returning from a major injuring. I think if we were to do it all again, he would ideally only be starting to get games now in preparation for next season.

Good to have him back - hopefully build up some confidence and form and then kick onto full preseason.
Even better Murphy is progressing - don’t think we have fully appreciated what we have missed without him for most of the season.

Hope he can show us the form he had before as his running and goals could help us

No need to rush him back as we don’t need another relapse

Guys confidence must be very low

Some players just take longer to adapt than others. I'm positive this is the case with Grezda. He has shown in flashes his quality, and certain games stick out - winning 2-1 at Tynecastle for example, he was the only Rangers player who showed up for the first half hour and was carrying the team both attacking and defensively. Watched him for Albania against Scotland and Wales and he was comfortably the best player on the park in both games.

People say how much time should we give him, but he has barely gotten into double figures in terms of appearances in the last 9 or 10 months (I can't exactly remember when his initial injury occurred). We need to give him our full support and backing. How much easier would it be for him to perform if he turned up at Ibrox, looked round and had fifty thousand in the stands giving him full backing to succeed instead of looking round to see fifty thousand just itching for him to make a mistake so they can pounce on him

Like Barisic he needs to show a lot more aggression in his play.probably a result of playing in a very technical league for most of his career career we'll see

Some players just take longer to adapt than others. I'm positive this is the case with Grezda. He has shown in flashes his quality, and certain games stick out - winning 2-1 at Tynecastle for example, he was the only Rangers player who showed up for the first half hour and was carrying the team both attacking and defensively. Watched him for Albania against Scotland and Wales and he was comfortably the best player on the park in both games.

People say how much time should we give him, but he has barely gotten into double figures in terms of appearances in the last 9 or 10 months (I can't exactly remember when his initial injury occurred). We need to give him our full support and backing. How much easier would it be for him to perform if he turned up at Ibrox, looked round and had fifty thousand in the stands giving him full backing to succeed instead of looking round to see fifty thousand just itching for him to make a mistake so they can pounce on him

Great post mate.

See when we get a right winger who plays a good game every 1 in 3 with a better cross on him. We’ll bemoan that he doesn’t do the running and defensive work that DC does.
He’s been a great signing.

Agree. On last nights form he would always be in my team, but he is very inconsistent with his final ball. Still been a very good signing as you say.

Dz76bUpWsAEzpnx

Jamie Murphy Back In Training no grezda though ?????

He's got pace to burn and he can finish looking at his goals in Croatia he will come good if he finds fitness

Agree. On last nights form he would always be in my team, but he is very inconsistent with his final ball. Still been a very good signing as you say.
I think Candeias has got away with inconsistency to an extent because there's no competition at the moment. He started the season really well when we had a few players pushing so hopefully Grezda coming back gives some worthwhile competition on the wings to drive everyone's performances forward

Very much like Barisic.

Clearly talented but just needs to settle in and chalk up a couple of statement performances.

I think it will be next season before we see the best of him, it'd be crazy to rush him back the same with Murphy. They'll be like new signings for us.

He’s shown nothing for us to get excited about.

But we badly need more options on the right side and who knows, maybe he’ll come good.

I think the same,I also think that about Borna as well
I hope SG learns that at Rangers you need to sign players that will come in and start right away
No more unfit like Davis for example

Maybe just maybe, SG and MA consider that when a special opportunity arises it may be worth taking a punt on a player ( injured at the time ) who they then subject to a full medical and who answers their criteria, thus savings £Ms on what the signing on fee might be if that player was fully match fit at the time.
I agree with what you say about eg Davis ( 34 ) but, in the case of Barisic and Grezda, we are talking about guys just coming on towards the best part of their playing career !

Maybe just maybe, SG and MA consider that when a special opportunity arises it may be worth taking a punt on a player ( injured at the time ) who they then subject to a full medical and who answers their criteria, thus savings £Ms on what the signing on fee might be if that player was fully match fit at the time.
I agree with what you say about eg Davis ( 34 ) but, in the case of Barisic and Grezda, we are talking about guys just coming on towards the best part of their playing career !

Grezda was 2.5M by all accounts. I don't think SG should have taken that gamble but hey ho.

The clips we saw of the player before he arrived frankly looked like a different player than what we've seen so far. I'm honestly far from convinced he shook that injury off let's hope he can kick on.

Similar to BB he looks the shy retiring type and overawed with the job in hand let's hope a bit more time to adapt settles both players down.

I always remember Ecks words: They must be able to hit the ground running,
He did have a point.

Grezda was 2.5M by all accounts. I don't think SG should have taken that gamble but hey ho.

The clips we saw of the player before he arrived frankly looked like a different player than what we've seen so far. I'm honestly far from convinced he shook that injury off let's hope he can kick on.

Similar to BB he looks the shy retiring type and overawed with the job in hand let's hope a bit more time to adapt settles both players down.

I completely agree - I hope that neither are offended by our religion stance !

By the way, your reply as highlighted, I thought the same about Glenn Kamara who came over as a really nice quiet, soft spoken young man - I'm delighted to see that he does his talking on the pitch ! To my mind he really looks the business !

Last edited:
Maybe I'm being harsh but I've seen nothing to suggest Grezda will come good.

Can talk about confidence, injuries etc but you can tell if you've got a good player solely on their touch and ability on the ball and he's looked shocking with both.

Hope I'm wrong but he's been another expensive mistake so far.

Back