Grezda back in training

Maybe I'm being harsh but I've seen nothing to suggest Grezda will come good.

Can talk about confidence, injuries etc but you can tell if you've got a good player solely on their touch and ability on the ball and he's looked shocking with both.

Hope I'm wrong but he's been another expensive mistake so far.

That middle part is total nonsense

That middle part is total nonsense

He looks clumsy and akward on the ball. Doesn't look like he can beat a man either, not sure how that can be argued.

Scored 2 against Motherwell, happy days but never kicked on from that.

His only other decent performance came at Tynecastle and that was based purely on hard work which is the absolute minimum you'd expect from any player, never mind a guy costing £2M+.

He might still come good and hopefully he does but we've had so many of these threads over the couple of years about giving players time after looking poor and they rarely work out.

Can talk about confidence, injuries etc but you can tell if you've got a good player solely on their touch and ability on the ball and he's looked shocking with both.

I'll take Gerrard and his coaching staffs ability to spot a player over 99.9% of FF posters ability every day of the week.

Hopefully get some decent performances from him before the season ends, maybe as a sub against Dundee on wednesday

It's obviously not as easy to adjust to a new country/game as we all like to assume it is. It's clear both Barisic and Grezda both need time to adapt but due to injuries both haven't really been given the chance to do so (until now for Barisic, if he can stay fit).

It'll be a wee while before we truly see if Grezda has something to offer.

His family have came over to see him which I think is 1 of the first times too. Hopefully settles him and he gets over his injury troubles and starts to show his ability.

I'll take Gerrard and his coaching staffs ability to spot a player over 99.9% of FF posters ability every day of the week.

Ah that old chestnut.

The same line rolled out on here whenever a player is criticised.

Its also funny because even when fit Gerrard has benched him a hell of a lot.

Ah that old chestnut.

The same line rolled out on here whenever a player is criticised.

Its also funny because even when fit Gerrard has benched him a hell of a lot.

Do we know if he's ever been fully match fit when at Ibrox? Gerrard maybe giving him game minutes to try to get him up to speed? Or can players automatically perform to 100% when they return from injury, just because they're deemed physically fit to return?

Do we know if he's ever been fully match fit when at Ibrox? Gerrard maybe giving him game minutes to try to get him up to speed? Or can players automatically perform to 100% when they return from injury, just because they're deemed physically fit to return?

You could be right, who knows but all this nonsense that people are wrong just because they disagree with the manager is a load of rubbish.

People were rolling out the same line for players like Ejaria, Herrera, Pena, Barton, Krankjar when it was clear they weren't going to make it.

We'll see what happens with Grezda but I'm expecting a lot more than he offered first half of the season when he returns to the team.

See when we get a right winger who plays a good game every 1 in 3 with a better cross on him. We’ll bemoan that he doesn’t do the running and defensive work that DC does.
He’s been a great signing.

For the money, he's been a good signing. But we need to continue to progress as a club, we can't have any sentiments here. We need to continue to add better players to the club every transfer window.

In a proper Rangers squad, he's no more than a squad player.

I'm probably one of the few who still have faith in the guy but I genuinely can see him being a top player for us once his injury worries vanish and he adjusts to the country.

I agree mate, FF is ruthless and i think people have been extremely hard on him.

Their was people on here wanted Morelos gone last year ffs.

I agree he has been poor but disagree he has shown nothing, he has shown it in flashes and mainly his peformance against Scotland and Wales where he was singled out by both sets of commentator's in each match as being the standout player.

He has the ability he just isn't showing it yet, it may well be that he never does for us but we have to wait and see.

I have watched him slosely and he has a good footballing brain and is very quick and incisive but like Barisic seems to be holding back or scared to commit fully and for me this is a time issue, thats why i think he will come good next season

Reckon he will be gone in the Summer.

Our wingers aren’t good enough and we already have too many. Never mind adding Jones too. I don’t see how we fit so many in the squad.

Reckon he will be gone in the Summer.

Our wingers aren’t good enough and we already have too many. Never mind adding Jones too. I don’t see how we fit so many in the squad.

This isn't thought out.....there's no way we will cut our losses until we are sure the player has flopped...there's no way anyone is going to give us a sizeable fee and match Grezda's wages after the start he's had.

Behind the scenes SG will know exactly what he expected, what he's seen and have an idea what the root cause is but ultimately Grezda will need to play and be given a chance.....

This isn't thought out.....there's no way we will cut our losses until we are sure the player has flopped...there's no way anyone is going to give us a sizeable fee and match Grezda's wages after the start he's had.

Behind the scenes SG will know exactly what he expected, what he's seen and have an idea what the root cause is but ultimately Grezda will need to play and be given a chance.....

What isn’t thought out is having 6 wingers on the books. If we want a new winger in the summer, someone will have to go. Maybe 2 or 3. I would assume Gerrard has Grezda topping that list.

I have a sneaky feeling Him and Barisic will be sold in the summer i think Gerrard is really frustrated with those two

What isn’t thought out is having 6 wingers on the books. If we want a new winger in the summer, someone will have to go. Maybe 2 or 3. I would assume Gerrard has Grezda topping that list.

Of course he has.....he's got the funds to write off the very large amount he will lose on the player.....it's not going to happen-he's got little option to keep him and see what he delivers rather than writing off a big fee and contract in such a short time.

Of course he has.....he's got the funds to write off the very large amount he will lose on the player.....it's not going to happen-he's got little option to keep him and see what he delivers rather than writing off a big fee and contract in such a short time.

So next season, we go with Jones in place of Kent? Because we can’t afford to write any of them off. Same reasoning must stand for Murphy, Candeias’s new deal etc..

So next season, we go with Jones in place of Kent? Because we can’t afford to write any of them off. Same reasoning must stand for Murphy, Candeias’s new deal etc..

Manager's don't write off 2.5M signings when they are at a club like ours in the circumstances of Grezda. SG will have nothing to lose by giving him a preseason and the experience of last season to get to grips with things-and of course we don't know how he'll do when he comes back.

I think he's looked miles off it but with no serious return on our transfer fee likely he will obviously stay.
If SG think's he's a write off then maybe he will go out on loan.

Not sure what your other points actually mean..SG saw Jones and obviously fancied or was happy to back the suggestion of signing him....Murphy should make a difference I rate him as good as anyonr we have in a wide sense....whilst Kent looks special in flashes he is no cementing goals and assists to go with the talent....you'll hear SG say much the same. Candeias is what he is-good honest pro with an excellent attitude and work rate....the consistency of quality is lacking.

He looks clumsy and akward on the ball. Doesn't look like he can beat a man either, not sure how that can be argued.

Scored 2 against Motherwell, happy days but never kicked on from that.

His only other decent performance came at Tynecastle and that was based purely on hard work which is the absolute minimum you'd expect from any player, never mind a guy costing £2M+.

He might still come good and hopefully he does but we've had so many of these threads over the couple of years about giving players time after looking poor and they rarely work out.

The thing that stands out for me every time i watch him is that the game seems to fast for him, he wants too long on the ball. I dont think thats something that he will improve on but hope to be proven wrong

Back