Grezda won’t play for Rangers again

Aw c'mon @HenningBerg I must have said at least 3 times now - at least - that there's no excusing his behaviour. I am not, and never have, tried to excuse it.

Kicking and grappling isn't 'part of the game' - that's why its against the rules. :)

We agree Grezda should be hammered - I think those expecting a tearing up of his contract are living in cloud-cuckoo land though.

Nice straw man, however you originally said that kicking goes on and is acceptable , now your saying it isn’t part of the game as it’s outwith the rules :rolleyes:

No matter how many times you repeat your point , you are asking people to accept that spitting in someone’s face is somehow more acceptable on a football park than anywhere else . That’s utter nonsense .

As I said the club will decide how far to take his punishment , the option is there to sack the player .

Who the feck thought it was wise to lump him in with our youth team should be chased but as we seen with Wallace and miller any actions taken will be overturned

Has Jefferys apologised for some of his thugs tackles on mebude

Of course the club can sack him (terminate his contract).

The question is what happens next. The answer is almost certainly that he would sue the club.

It then boils down to whether the action was proportionate.

If it was one in a series of incidents that would probably make things easier for the club, if not then it really boils down to whether the offence was serious enough to justify the sacking.

Somewhere in an alternate universe Grezda has just crossed it to Pena who made a late lumbering run into the box. 89th minute and we have just went 2 nil up against Juve in the Champions League final.

Warburton and Weir go wild on the touchline with Warburton replicating the famous mourinho knee slide.

Joey Barton has just captained us to a historic treble, in Harris Vuckic's last game of a 30 goal from midfield season. He is going to Real Madrid for 50 million in the summer.

The Newcastle five retired early to form a global phenomenon boy band, selling out arenas round the world. The proceeds of which all go to Rangers Youth Development Fund.

What a time to be alive.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

I'm not defending spitting mate, we all agree its a horrible thing. I was responding to the daft analogy of spitting on someone in a works meeting, which would undoubtedly lead to a sacking, being comparable to an incident on a football field. There are things that are 'accepted' as part of football - kicking, shoving but most certainly not spitting - that would get you sacked in an office but not on a football pitch. You can't compare the two situations as far as I'm concerned. It just doesn't work.
I will tell you there’s some amount of employment expects on this thread, first I’m arguing with a guy who I thought was an employment lawyer due to his expertise which he failed to qualify, now I’m listening to someone telling me spitting at someone in an office is a sackable offence but it isn’t on a football field and I thought Timothy was the biggest BSing arses when it comes to matters pertaining to the law, obviously I was wrong.

Last edited:
Recently read Gerrard's 2007 autobiography where he discusses being spat on by Alexander Frei. I don't think he will take this lightly

Nice straw man, however you originally said that kicking goes on and is acceptable , now your saying it isn’t part of the game as it’s outwith the rules :rolleyes:

No matter how many times you repeat your point , you are asking people to accept that spitting in someone’s face is somehow more acceptable on a football park than anywhere else . That’s utter nonsense .

As I said the club will decide how far to take his punishment , the option is there to sack the player .
Mate you shouldn’t even be saying stuff like that on this thread, you have to be a kid on employment lawyer and basically just talk shyte, some of the arguments on here are actually things that even the barking mad mentally challengeds wouldn’t come away with.

Based on absolutely nothing at all I had high hopes for this guy, however there isn’t a club playing football where every transfer works out & unfortunately this is one of ours that hasn’t.

For this to be treated as a criminal offence, would the victim not have to make a complaint to the police? Say for example we have a repeat of the Duncan Ferguson case, where the fiscal took action.
Would sacking him be easier if he has had a string of disciplinary offences, written warnings etc.
Don’t know much about this sort of thing, but sport does seem to have a bit of a free licence to have police ignore offences you would be locked up for, if you did it on the street outside.

What a mess. Is the transfer / Loan window open anywhere? Loan him out somewhere, anywhere, hopefully he makes an impression and comes back next summer and we can get something, anything back for him. We can’t keep paying players off.

Somewhere in an alternate universe Grezda has just crossed it to Pena who made a late lumbering run into the box. 89th minute and we have just went 2 nil up against Juve in the Champions League final.

Warburton and Weir go wild on the touchline with Warburton replicating the famous mourinho knee slide.

Joey Barton has just captained us to a historic treble, in Harris Vuckic's last game of a 30 goal from midfield season. He is going to Real Madrid for 50 million in the summer.

The Newcastle five retired early to form a global phenomenon boy band, selling out arenas round the world. The proceeds of which all go to Rangers Youth Development Fund.

What a time to be alive.

You almost had me till the Newcastle 5 boy band, that was too far :) ha ha

However one them went for £10m+ so who knows maybe we are the alternate universe

No love for Grezda based on his lack of contribution but I doubt the club will tear up his contract because of this. Spitting is disgusting but I wonder how many on this board were demanding Ian Ferguson be sacked for spitting on Gordan Petric? A 6 game ban and a heavy fine if memory serves.
Could it be some want a harder punishment handed down due to his lack of the aforementioned contribution?

He wouldn't the first player to have spat at an opponent, including at Rangers. I don't recall any contracts being ripped up previously for what is, essentially, a red card offence.

Just seen his apology on Instagram, imagine that it has been advised rather than offered!

Back