Grezda won’t play for Rangers again

Ian Ferguson got sent off for it against Dundee Utd, 1993.
Amoruso I'm not sure, vaguely remember it 2001 maybe?
Still, as horrible as spitting is, they were arguably one-off mistakes.
Grezda, if he has done this, has had a terrible attitude throughout his time here.

Edit: just checked, Amoruso 2003 at James Grady of Ayr. He claimed it was accidental and tbh it's James fucking Grady so who cares?
Grady couldn’t wait to get into sportscene that evening and tell all and sundry about amo. We then seen about thirty replays of it from different angles.
That said amo was wrong to do it and accepted his disciplinary like the man he was.

Have a word with yourself . If this was a 1st team regular would you be saying the same (Jack )
Absolutely right. I have no truck with people spitting - it is disgusting. But to sack a guy for it? Really? It hardly seems proportionate. And you are bang on that if it was a current first teamer we wouldn’t countenance sacking him.

I have no particular time for Grezda or Pena before him. But we signed them to contracts and, in doing so, we take on a duty to honour those contracts. It grates with my view of what our club is all about when we start over egging player indiscretions to, bluntly, come up with flimsy excuses to get out of our contractual obligations.

So much for Allen doing his extensive due diligence and making sure he had the right mentality and personality like he always said. A panic signing we must learn lessons from

An absolute waste of space with a terrible attitude who clearly thinks he's some thing he isn't.

His running style doesn't even resemble a footballer.

To spit on some one is the lowest of the low.

Get Grezda as far away from Rangers as possible.

Hopefully we can terminate his deal and forget he ever existed.

Forget he ever existed? That won’t happen.

We will pay him off....he’ll find a new club, do reasonably well in an environment better suited to him and there will be threads popping up on here “Eros Grezda - Should We Have Kept Him?”

It always happens. There was another hapless shitebag by the name of Cardoso. We wouldn’t have been able to pay anyone to take him off us. Now the revisionist FF world has releasing him down as a grievous error because he’s apparently doing well at a provincial club in his native land.

i would stick him in the youths and let him rot in there , even tho he picks up money he will not move on to better his career . let him rot, being a nobody forever ...

If we can get rid without paying him a single penny more then that would be my option.

Got to admit, I have never thought there was a player.......!
You would have had further confirmation of this Stevie if you had been at the game. Controversy aside Grezda was very poor. He not stand out at all. Like Shergar (for older Bears) Showed pace but unfortunately the same level of ball control. I accept a senior player in an under 21 team may have difficulty re motivation but to get back into the first team squad he needs to show he deserves the call up. Unfortunately Grezda did not in any way indicate he will be in the first team picture any time soon, if at all. Best for all parties if he moves on.

Lol we had clowns on here demanding Peña come back into the team last December. No chance they’ll accept this. We’ve got some of the biggest saps in football in our support.

Grezda is rotten. It was abundantly clear. A huge waste of money. All of this was apparent quite early on. Despite the “there’s a player in there” gash.

Nobody was “demanding” that Pena came back in to the team last year.

There was simply discussions over whether Gerrard may have been able to get something out of him given he was still on the books as our player.

Regarding Grezda I think it’s quite clear he is done at the club and has been for some time.

He won't be getting sacked! Let's just hope someone's daft enough to take this wage thief off our hands. Makes Pena look like a bargain

Greg Docherty apologised on behalf of our players and our club? Greg Docherty did?
Explanation please
It’s in the article.

“Jeffrey praised Murty and club ambassador Hateley for their handling of the incident, as well as Docherty, who entered the Ballymena dressing room after the match to offer an apology on behalf of the Rangers players.”

Usually all this “sack him” talk is pointless

But imo surely spitting on or at an opponent is gross misconduct? There may be some employment lawyer out there who’ll tell me I’m talking shite but
I remember years ago Livingston sacked a player for the same thing hopefully we can do it with out compensation

I remember years ago Livingston sacked a player for the same thing hopefully we can do it with out compensation

SERGIO Berti was sacked by Livingston after spitting at one of his team-mates during a pre-season friendly, The Scotsman can confirm.

They sacked him for gross misconduct after he spat at Richard Brittain during a friendly. Don’t see why we couldn’t do the same.

Usually all this “sack him” talk is pointless

But imo surely spitting on or at an opponent is gross misconduct? There may be some employment lawyer out there who’ll tell me I’m talking shite but
It would be a dangerous precedent. Obviously its disgustuing behaviour bbut potentially we could have a player further down the the line who was unsettled but a saleable asset who could decide t gob on someone to earn himself a move or try to force the clubs hand

Another Carlos Pena. To have signed two players with attitudes as bad as these two in such a short space of time is the total mind numbing. Could say we have lost around 5 or 6 million on these two that we will probably never see back.

What was the reaction on here when Amoruso spat at James Grady ?

I think this is different though.

Grezda has shown a poor attitude his whole time here. We spent £1.5 million on him and his attitude is so bad he’s now playing with the young lads.
Instead of dominating in every match he plays with them and setting an example he spits on an opposition player.

He’s not Rangers quality and should never pull on then Rangers shirt again

I honestly don't know much about the lad.
I read things on here, but of course, this is second-hand info and you cannot always rely on the sources.
I don't like spitting, if he spat then, of course, he should be disciplined.
However, he isn't the first player to have reacted in a moment of hot-headed passion and let himself down.
Indeed he isn't the first Rangers player to have spat either.

I am not making excuses for the player, he lives and dies by his own actions.
But sometimes on here, I recoil at the lynch mob mentality.

I trust Steven Gerrard will see proper justice meted out in a calm fashion and that the interests of the club will be paramount at all times.

I get what you’re saying about the lynch mob mentality that can occur on here, especially if any incident involves a player that’s not cutting it.

However, spitting on an opponent is truly vile. A ned like that can’t be allowed anywhere near our young future stars. We have them looking up in awe at Stevie G at present, and a low life like Grezda does that in front of them.

The sooner he is gone and we can all get on with forgetting him, the better.

If you spat on someone at work you would expect to be sacked. I expect we will be very actively working with the HR team to see if we can get him out the door

We’ve been rip it up and start again since 2015 with the only exception being this season. Each manager was allowed to rebuild a squad. There were always going to be players who just didn’t fit. From here on in we will be adding two maybe three each year or replacing one we have sold for a profit. I am proud that we have signed very few scumbags over the years it’s clear that Grezda is a scumbag and has no future here. The sooner he is away the better

He’s just about our worst signing ever. It’s hard to believe that some posters are still trying to insist he’s got ability. Thankfully our manager has seen him for the mistake he has been. The sooner he is gone the better.

Every club gets some transfers wrong. With the amount of players the gaffer has signed there haven’t been many who have been dreadful. He is definitely one of them. It happens.

He’s never been given a proper chance....

Look at his cameo against Motherwell....

There’s a player there....

Bull shït get rid of the cünt.

This guy, lafferty and Sadiq all players that posses attributes total opposite from what Gerrard looks for in a player. Furthermore, Gerrard hardly ever played them - even when we were struggling they weren’t always included.

So someone please tell me how these cünts ended up signing for our club!

The clown is posting boxing videos on Instagram can’t wait to see the back of him . Terrible attitude he doesn’t give a monkeys about our club .

Player or not.

He is an utter prick, with his attitude.

I've stuck up for him and wished he'd make it. Now though I would like him to rot in our reserves bench, never getting a game and seeing his career go down the toilet.
I know it would cost us, but the guy really is a POS. Again, I shouldn't slate our players, but seriously has he done one single thing to better our club? No, he hasn't.

Somewhere in an alternate universe Grezda has just crossed it to Pena who made a late lumbering run into the box. 89th minute and we have just went 2 nil up against Juve in the Champions League final.

Warburton and Weir go wild on the touchline with Warburton replicating the famous mourinho knee slide.

Joey Barton has just captained us to a historic treble, in Harris Vuckic's last game of a 30 goal from midfield season. He is going to Real Madrid for 50 million in the summer.

The Newcastle five retired early to form a global phenomenon boy band, selling out arenas round the world. The proceeds of which all go to Rangers Youth Development Fund.

What a time to be alive.

If true, what scumbag behaviour.

Hopefully Gerrard goes through him. Be great to offload him.

He’s absolutely shite. You could tell he was never a bad player very early on!

I can remember Gerrard being on the receiving end of a sleekit spit from behind when playing for England, so I'd imagine Grezda will be looking at a heavy fine.

I was at the game and Grezdas attitude in warm up looked as if he couldn't be bothered. The incident was caused by ref not giving Grezda a free kick after he was brought down. It was a clear free kick. A Melee then occurred with Ervin shouting to Rangers bench about Grezda spitting. He was brought off a short while after.
Wasn't too much shaking off hands after the game as Ballymena players spent last 10 minutes acting like dicks.

Every club gets some transfers wrong. With the amount of players the gaffer has signed there haven’t been many who have been dreadful. He is definitely one of them. It happens.
The guy does have some sort of ability there too so it's not like there was no reason to sign him. He's just a prick. I was hopeful he could turn it around but just want shot of him now.

Back