Griezmann leaving Atletico

I agree, some of Barca’s big money signings recently have been shocking. Coutinho, Malcolm, Dembele, Vidal, Arthur, Paulinho and Turan.

There’s too many players there for everyone to agree with them all however a lot of cash splashed for not much return there.

To be fair, Dembele looks a cracking player on his day (albeit he has a shite attitude supposedly). Vidal was a free transfer, Paulinho was a strange one but he actually had a decent season and they sold him for a profit. Arthur is a class act and will be a mainstay for them.

To be fair, Dembele looks a cracking player on his day (albeit he has a shite attitude supposedly). Vidal was a free transfer, Paulinho was a strange one but he actually had a decent season and they sold him for a profit. Arthur is a class act and will be a mainstay for them.
Think they have struggled to replace Dani Alves (who wouldnt) and struggled with CB recruitment. Jordi Alba will be a hard one for them to replace, what a player.

Think they have struggled to replace Dani Alves (who wouldnt) and struggled with CB recruitment. Jordi Alba will be a hard one for them to replace, what a player.

Semedo is a great player IMO but for some reason Valverde seems to favour Sergi Roberto who is a definite weak link.

Allowing Alves to leave was stupid. Reminds me of when AC Milan let Pirlo go thinking he was finished. Ended up signing for Juve on a free and was excellent for them.

Need to agree to disagree.

Messi comes inside all the time and drifts about I agree but he still spends large amounts of each game coming in off the right cutting in on his left foot. It's a tucked in inside forward position more than a RW position I agree but he likes to start right of centre. Griezmann likes to start in the middle and drift left. It's different areas of the pitch.

As Sebo says Griezmann is also excellent at playing on the shoulder of the last defender. That will scare defences and cause them to drop off giving more space to someone like Messi coming from deeper.

Having zero pace upfront was a huge contributing factor to their collapse at Anfield as Liverpool could press them higher up the park and smother them knowing there was no ball on in behind them. Griezmann's pace gives them an extra dimension in attack.

Fair enough, but it’s not really something for interpretation mate. He’s flat out not a right winger anymore and hasn’t been for a long time. He floats across the the pitch but plays most of the game centrally.

Atletico Madrid CEO Gil Marin has confirmed Antoine Griezmann will join Barcelona this summer.

Sky Sports News revealed in May that Barcelona were set to pay his £108m release clause after Griezmann publically revealed his desire to leave Atletico.

Speaking to a Spanish radio station, Marin said: "I am very clear about where he is going to play, it is known since March, at Barcelona".

And as I said, I don't think so.

Messi comes in from the right. Griezmann's best through the middle or drifting out to the left. Griezmann takes Suarez's place in the system I imagine.

Top players find a way to play with other top players. Looking forward to seeing how it works if indeed he does go there.
No where near as good as Suarez though.

Back