Griezmann leaving Atletico

CaptainCourageous

Atletico Madrid: "@AntoGriezmann has informed the club that he will not continue as a Rojiblanco next season."

Griezmann to Barcelona, Dybala to Atletico are the rumours.

Im he’s off to Sellick as part of a deal involving Kieran Tierney and £50m heading to the biscuit tin ???

Vet similar to Messi IMO wont work and will be the end for Coutinho
I agree, some of Barca’s big money signings recently have been shocking. Coutinho, Malcolm, Dembele, Vidal, Arthur, Paulinho and Turan.

There’s too many players there for everyone to agree with them all however a lot of cash splashed for not much return there.

Hard to see where he fits in at Barcelona. Messi dominates the free role behind Suarez and plays/drifts wide when he wants. Suarez will still play the the number 9 role and I can't see a change of formation unless it's an interchanging front three with Griezmann alongside Suarez and Messi.

Agreed, they have become very lazy when it comes to recruitment.

Coutinho, Dembele and now Griezmann in recent seasons where money should have been invested more wisely.

All they do is look for the current ‘thing’. They don’t actually strategise and look to strengthen the areas that need strengthened. They’ve lost their identity under Valverde and they’d be up shit creek without Messi. Man City are more Barcelona than Barcelona are now.

Maybe he’ll try his hand in the NBA

4769AF3700000578-5188839-Antoine_Griezmann_made_the_very_questionable_decision_of_blackin-a-9_1513543126021.jpg

Griezmann is a phenomenal player. Genuinely one of the best strikers in the world.

Has the lot; pace, great burst of acceleration, can dribble past players, can come short and link the play, ruthless finisher and Simeone has made him into a right combative player who works his socks off. He's also far better in the air than you would think for his height.

Have people comparing him to Messi even watched him? He's best through the middle but when he drifts into wide areas it's normally more the left side than the right.

You've lost me mate.

He plays upfront with Diego Costa in a 4-4-2.

He's a striker not a winger.

So much better than Suarez now too who's looking like his best days are behind him now.

He takes up a lot of the same positions Messi does. It’s not what they need, same way Coutinho wasn’t what they needed.

He takes up a lot of the same positions Messi does. It’s not what they need, same way Coutinho wasn’t what they needed.

And as I said, I don't think so.

Messi comes in from the right. Griezmann's best through the middle or drifting out to the left. Griezmann takes Suarez's place in the system I imagine.

Top players find a way to play with other top players. Looking forward to seeing how it works if indeed he does go there.

And as I said, I don't think so.

Messi comes in from the right. Griezmann's best through the middle or drifting out to the left. Griezmann takes Suarez's place in the system I imagine.

Top players find a way to play with other top players. Looking forward to seeing how it works if indeed he does go there.

Messi hasn’t been a right winger for nearly a decade. He spends large portions of each game in the middle of the pitch, though further back at times these days.

I don’t think the quality of the players will help a great deal with their looking to occupy similar areas of the park. I’m sure he’ll at least look to get involved though unlike Coutinho.

You've lost me mate.

He plays upfront with Diego Costa in a 4-4-2.

He's a striker not a winger.

So much better than Suarez now too who's looking like his best days are behind him now.

I would normally agree with yourself, Griezmann should be coming in to compete with if not take the place of Suarez. He's operating through the middle these days and can play off the shoulder of the last man as well as dropping deep. I actually think Messi & himself will make a good partnership.

What I can't understand though, is who will fill the left hand side if the rumours are true about Coutinho & Malcom both being up for sale. It makes me wonder if they are going to go with a similar setup to Barca of 5 to 10 year ago, & put one of Griezmann or Suarez wide left like they did with Henry & Villa.

I would normally agree with yourself, Griezmann should be coming in to compete with if not take the place of Suarez. He's operating through the middle these days and can play off the shoulder of the last man as well as dropping deep. I actually think Messi & himself will make a good partnership.

What I can't understand though, is who will fill the left hand side if the rumours are true about Coutinho & Malcom both being up for sale. It makes me wonder if they are going to go with a similar setup to Barca of 5 to 10 year ago, & put one of Griezmann or Suarez wide left like they did with Henry & Villa.

Not sure either.

De Jong and Griezmann are excellent signings but they still need 2 or 3 more imo.

Coutinho hasn't worked out and should be sold back to England and replaced with someone who can play wide left.
RB has been a weak spot since they sold Dani Alves.
Vidal's not getting any younger and Barca can get a better attacking midfielder than Rakitic imo.

Messi hasn’t been a right winger for nearly a decade. He spends large portions of each game in the middle of the pitch, though further back at times these days.

I don’t think the quality of the players will help a great deal with their looking to occupy similar areas of the park. I’m sure he’ll at least look to get involved though unlike Coutinho.

Need to agree to disagree.

Messi comes inside all the time and drifts about I agree but he still spends large amounts of each game coming in off the right cutting in on his left foot. It's a tucked in inside forward position more than a RW position I agree but he likes to start right of centre. Griezmann likes to start in the middle and drift left. It's different areas of the pitch.

As Sebo says Griezmann is also excellent at playing on the shoulder of the last defender. That will scare defences and cause them to drop off giving more space to someone like Messi coming from deeper.

Having zero pace upfront was a huge contributing factor to their collapse at Anfield as Liverpool could press them higher up the park and smother them knowing there was no ball on in behind them. Griezmann's pace gives them an extra dimension in attack.

After all that fiasco last summer with him releasing a video announcing he was staying.

What a wee fud that guy is.

Back