Griffiths

Il Ciocco

Official Ticketer
Funnily enough I’ve heard a different scenario- allegedly of course regarding a combination of the following - marching powder, a big debt and house repossession
He’s only just moved into his house in March. That would be a quick turnaround. Reliable source?

Dave570

facing the axe for that lot after piling the pounds on over lockdown
Leigh Griffiths in Celtic axe as striker left out of France trip after piling on the pounds in lockdown
The Scotland international will not travel to France with his team-mates.

• By
    Alison McConnell
    22:29, 11 JUL 2020

• Overweight Leigh Griffithshas been told he won’t be travelling with the Celtic squad to France on Monday.

Instead the Scotland striker must stay at home to work on his conditioning after piling on the pounds during lockdown. It is understood Griffiths reported back for training last month out of condition and over his optimum playing weight.

• Neil Lennon’s men are due to fly out tomorrow to play three games in five days against Nice, Lyon and PSG in the Veolia Trophy.

But Griffiths has been deemed not fit enough to take part and was not with the squad last week at Loughborough University.

He has been ordered to work on his own training scheme at Lennoxtown ahead of the Hoops’ new season opener on August 2.

• It’s believed that Griffiths had failed to meet his specific conditioning targets. He may now face an uphill battle to get physically fit enough to retain his first-team place.

• A Celtic spokesman confirmed: “Leigh is undertaking his own fitness programme along with some other players at Lennoxtown and will team up with the squad when they return from France.”
Does that make him a separate entity?

Carsons Army

I would hazard a guess it is something more sinister than a few pounds of excess fat. More likely a few too many grams.

Thommo2006

The tiktok/instagram post he put up when they "won" the league showed the state he was in. Guys a fud. I cant stand him and honestly hearing halliday talk about him on the podcast the other week dropped halliday on my respect poll to making him out to be some bloke up for a laugh. Andy had the platform to lay it out and didnt

Ped78

facing the axe for that lot after piling the pounds on over lockdown
Leigh Griffiths in Celtic axe as striker left out of France trip after piling on the pounds in lockdown
The Scotland international will not travel to France with his team-mates.

• By
    Alison McConnell
    22:29, 11 JUL 2020

• Overweight Leigh Griffithshas been told he won’t be travelling with the Celtic squad to France on Monday.

Instead the Scotland striker must stay at home to work on his conditioning after piling on the pounds during lockdown. It is understood Griffiths reported back for training last month out of condition and over his optimum playing weight.

• Neil Lennon’s men are due to fly out tomorrow to play three games in five days against Nice, Lyon and PSG in the Veolia Trophy.

But Griffiths has been deemed not fit enough to take part and was not with the squad last week at Loughborough University.

He has been ordered to work on his own training scheme at Lennoxtown ahead of the Hoops’ new season opener on August 2.

• It’s believed that Griffiths had failed to meet his specific conditioning targets. He may now face an uphill battle to get physically fit enough to retain his first-team place.

• A Celtic spokesman confirmed: “Leigh is undertaking his own fitness programme along with some other players at Lennoxtown and will team up with the squad when they return from France.”
That’s probably a cover for his drug taking.

Ped78

Heroin will make you skinny however methadone makes you pile the pounds on, which is why Scotland is the only country on earth with so many fat junkies.

As for the racist Griffiths, I hope this creature bleeds them dry of every penny he is entitled to and then we never hear of his diseased existence again.
I hope he bleeds them dry then blows the lot so he’s left penniless.;)

Datman

Mate stays next door to a backroom guy at the tarriers and last week (mates a sheep fan) told me that Griffiths is on a shoogly peg with them.

VivaGraemeMurty

The tiktok/instagram post he put up when they "won" the league showed the state he was in. Guys a fud. I cant stand him and honestly hearing halliday talk about him on the podcast the other week dropped halliday on my respect poll to making him out to be some bloke up for a laugh. Andy had the platform to lay it out and didnt
The same Griffiths who sat and pissed himself on their bench when Halliday got subbed off by Murty.
But aye, Andy he seems a top lad.

Scoop

Let’s now have a fawning daily rhebel article that he overeats because he’s depressed - it’s not the munchies at all

Coza

There was a few on here who said that the tarriers had better striking options than us as well.

They're one injury to Edouard away from playing a dud Pole, a fat junkie from Leith, or the feared Mikey Johnson.

Defoe scored more goals than the 3 of them put together last season, despite playing less games than Griffiths.
While true we heard all that last year and the few games Edouard did miss their midfield stepped up and scored plenty. For me that’s the massive difference between them and us at times - goals throughout the team.

prenzlauerbear

There was a few on here who said that the tarriers had better striking options than us as well.

They're one injury to Edouard away from playing a dud Pole, a fat junkie from Leith, or the feared Mikey Johnson.

Defoe scored more goals than the 3 of them put together last season, despite playing less games than Griffiths.
They did. Griffiths looked like he had got his act together again. Which makes this news all the sweeter.

You say they were one injury away to losing Edouard — we were one banning away from losing Morelos to playing a 37-year-old Jermain Defoe up front himself. Failing that, it was Flo Kamberi.

Let's not kid ourselves on that we don't require improvements in that area.

MearnsUnionist

While true we heard all that last year and the few games Edouard did miss their midfield stepped up and scored plenty. For me that’s the massive difference between them and us at times - goals throughout the team.

Yep, they'd 2 midfielders consistently contributing with goals in Christie with 12 (a few pens admittedly) and McGregor with 9.

Arfield did well enough with 9, but then Aribo on 5 was our next best.

I'd say the one player that stands out for them, in terms of goals from other areas, is Forrest @Coza .

He scored more goals than all our wide attackers put together and that is something we need to address this season.

hammer17

Official Ticketer
we seem to get more goals from our defenders than we do our midfield