Griffiths

There was a few on here who said that the mentally challengeds had better striking options than us as well.

They're one injury to Edouard away from playing a dud Pole, a fat junkie from Leith, or the feared Mikey Johnson.

Defoe scored more goals than the 3 of them put together last season, despite playing less games than Griffiths.

Let’s now have a fawning daily rhebel article that he overeats because he’s depressed - it’s not the munchies at all

There was a few on here who said that the mentally challengeds had better striking options than us as well.

They're one injury to Edouard away from playing a dud Pole, a fat junkie from Leith, or the feared Mikey Johnson.

Defoe scored more goals than the 3 of them put together last season, despite playing less games than Griffiths.

While true we heard all that last year and the few games Edouard did miss their midfield stepped up and scored plenty. For me that’s the massive difference between them and us at times - goals throughout the team.

They did. Griffiths looked like he had got his act together again. Which makes this news all the sweeter.

You say they were one injury away to losing Edouard — we were one banning away from losing Morelos to playing a 37-year-old Jermain Defoe up front himself. Failing that, it was Flo Kamberi.

Let's not kid ourselves on that we don't require improvements in that area.

While true we heard all that last year and the few games Edouard did miss their midfield stepped up and scored plenty. For me that’s the massive difference between them and us at times - goals throughout the team.

Yep, they'd 2 midfielders consistently contributing with goals in Christie with 12 (a few pens admittedly) and McGregor with 9.

Arfield did well enough with 9, but then Aribo on 5 was our next best.

I'd say the one player that stands out for them, in terms of goals from other areas, is Forrest @Coza .

He scored more goals than all our wide attackers put together and that is something we need to address this season.

we seem to get more goals from our defenders than we do our midfield

Is it a wise move, playing in a pre-season with that lot round about ?
Surely without crowd Euros the organisers have made a “faux pas”

Yep, they'd 2 midfielders consistently contributing with goals in Christie with 12 (a few pens admittedly) and McGregor with 9.

Arfield did well enough with 9, but then Aribo on 5 was our next best.

I'd say the one player that stands out for them, in terms of goals from other areas, is Forrest @Coza .

He scored more goals than all our wide attackers put together and that is something we need to address this season.

You've gave Arfield and Aribo's totals from all competitions and Christie and McGregor's from just the league.

Arfield scored 5 in the league, Aribo scored 3.
Christie scored 11 in the league, McGregor scored 9.

Arfield scored 9 in all competitions, Aribo scored 5.
Christie scored 19 in all competitions, McGregor scored 13.

Their midfielders score significantly more goals than ours.

They did. Griffiths looked like he had got his act together again. Which makes this news all the sweeter.

You say they were one injury away to losing Edouard — we were one banning away from losing Morelos to playing a 37-year-old Jermain Defoe up front himself. Failing that, it was Flo Kamberi.

Let's not kid ourselves on that we don't require improvements in that area.

We do need a 3rd choice striker, I've always said that.

However, no way Griffiths is a better option than the "37 year old Jermain Defoe."

As I've already said, Defoe outscored Griffiths last season, despite playing less games than him

He is way fitter and a far more reliable and prolific goalscorer.

When Griffiths returned, he only contributed with goals when he played alongside Edouard.

He isn't fit enough to play as a lone striker and contributes nothing now when he does.

We definitely need another striker and 2 if Alfredo leaves, but to say Griffiths is a better, more reliable back up than Defoe simply isn't true.

You've gave Arfield and Aribo's totals from all competitions and Christie and McGregor's from just the league.

Arfield scored 5 in the league, Aribo scored 3.
Christie scored 11 in the league, McGregor scored 9.

Arfield scored 9 in all competitions, Aribo scored 5.
Christie scored 19 in all competitions, McGregor scored 13.

Their midfielders score significantly more goals than ours.

It was the total of goals they all scored domestically, including Scottish and League Cups.

Basically comparing like for like when we are in direct competition.

We do need a 3rd choice striker, I've always said that.

However, no way Griffiths is a better option than the "37 year old Jermain Defoe."

As I've already said, Defoe outscored Griffiths last season, despite playing less games than him

He is way fitter and a far more reliable and prolific goalscorer.

When Griffiths returned, he only contributed with goals when he played alongside Edouard.

He isn't fit enough to play as a lone striker and contributes nothing now when he does.

We definitely need another striker and 2 if Alfredo leaves, but to say Griffiths is a better, more reliable back up than Defoe simply isn't true.

You can dress it up how you want, but the idea that we had stronger striking options than them after Christmas just isn't true.

It was the total of goals they all scored domestically, including Scottish and League Cups.

Basically comparing like for like when we are in direct competition.

Ah OK, the McGregor total is still off there.

Totals domestically are:
Arfield - 8
Aribo - 5
Christie - 12
McGregor - 11

Basically 10 extra goals between two players.

You can dress it up how you want, but the idea that we had stronger striking options than them after Christmas just isn't true.

When did only "after Christmas" come into the argument?

Pre Christmas (which was the vast majority of the season) we had Defoe backing up a prolific (apart from the LC Final) Morelos.

They'd Edouard and the out of shape, physically and mentally, Griffiths.

We ended the year top of the league and had played some brilliant football in Europe.

After the break, our whole team, from McGregor out, fell apart.

That's a different argument though.

Ah OK, the McGregor total is still off there.

Totals domestically are:
Arfield - 8
Aribo - 5
Christie - 12
McGregor - 11

Basically 10 extra goals between two players.

Yep I agree they contribute more from midfield, but the biggest disparity is the wide attacking position mate.

We get a far bigger contribution from our full backs than they do, but Forrest's contribution is key for them

Growing up I didn’t think I would despise any of that mob more than Peter Grant but take a bow the ugly junkie racist.

He really is one despicable creature who rub it in our noses when wee had a weak team. He then rattles too much gear and gambles away earnings and suddenly it’s all “poor Leigh” from the media.

He’s the lowest of the low and I really hope he’s still alive when we lift the title next Summer.

When did only "after Christmas" come into the argument?

Pre Christmas (which was the vast majority of the season) we had Defoe backing up a prolific (apart from the LC Final) Morelos.

They'd Edouard and the out of shape, physically and mentally, Griffiths.

We ended the year top of the league and had played some brilliant football in Europe.

After the break, our whole team, from McGregor out, fell apart.

That's a different argument though.

Well, you randomly had a go at other fans for saying we were lacking upfront compared to them. The comments you're referencing only came about after Christmas when we had an off the boil Morelos and a sluggish looking Defoe, whereas they were scoring goals for fun.

S3nwtd8.gif

Did the thumb sign a 4/5 yr contract a while back when mutton and co were touting him at 15mil now he's on 25/30k a week he ain't going nowhere from them lol pleasing

And yet this scumbag was held up as an example to follow by some posters when they were basking Morelos the other day.

Sums this place up.

Every few months there's a new big thread on here about how the Thumb is finished, he's been up to this or that.
The end result is always him back playing and scoring goals.

I wouldn't wish harm on anyone but I absolutely hate that vile disgusting prik ! scum of the earth and deserves all he gets.

Back