Ground bagging

Grampian Bear

Official Ticketer
Maybe not the best title but anyone else doing this ?

I've seen us play at a few grounds and most major ones apart from Easter Road, ideally I would like to have seen us playing at the same time but missed that boat, although I did make it to our first game at Brechin after we were put down the leagues.

Anyway have started recently but staying in Aberdeen means a bit of travelling although my daughter stays in Lambert and one of my sons has a flat in Glasgow, so plan is to come down and catch 3 or 4 games over a long weekend every month or so.

Managed Edinburgh City, Albion Rovers and Berwick last month, down this weekend and seen 2 amazing games at Airdrie on Saturday and Queens Park playing at Firhill yesterday.

I couldn't get a ticket for our game yesterday and was planning to go and see Clydebank tonight until I found out it was sold out, so Morton tomorrow and Ibrox on Wednesday, obviously not for the first time.

Ibrox
Potato Maris Piper Arena
Hampden
Dumbarton (new&old Boghead)
Kilbowie
Capilow
Love St
Rugby Park
Firhill
Forthbank
Ochilview
Brockville
Palmerston
Dens Park
Tannidice
McDermid Park
Broadwood
Meadowbank Stadium

268 grounds.
Being a Southern based bear I did the "92", mainly following my local club Wycombe.
Now need to do new Spurs ground, Wimbledon, Harrogate and Barrow to recomplete.
Scotland, I have done Hamdump several times, over 50 trips now to Ibrox, plus one off games to tick off the ground at Ayr, Tannadice, Rugby Park, Morton, Hearts, Dunfermline, Ross County, Inverness, Motherwell and Partick. Hoping to get to a few more this season.

Used to get a lot of satisfaction from it.

I've seen us (first team) play at every ground in our top flight divisions apart from Albion Rovers and Cove Rangers.

I've done Kelty Hearts and Edinburgh City with reserves/B-team/colts before.

Also seen us play at some stadiums no longer there - Clydebank, Boghead, Love Street, Firs Park, Brockville.

Never got to see us play at Hamilton, Stirling Albion or Airdrie's old grounds.

My list of European trips and non-UK friendlies is quite impressive.

First one was Gothenburg at start of our failed 10-In-A-Row season and I think the only ones I've missed since then was the first Parma, Galatasary (although done it with Chelsea), Bietar Jerusalem. PAOK Salonika, Viktoria Zizkov, Inter Milan closed doors, Leipzig friendly (went back and done a German game there) and the first Progres game under Caixhina.

The Covid season last season obviously missed Bayer Leverkusen (done it previously anyway), the game in Gibraltar (done previously too), Lech Poznan (had flights and hotels booked but one of the flights got cancelled and never bothered rebooking), Antwerp & Slavia Prague (but done that ground before) but still done the trips to Liege, Willem II, Benfica, Malmo (done it the last time we played with the fans banned), Alashkert and Sparta Prague (got into Liege, Alashkert and Sparta Prague).

Didn't we pass Albion Rovers the first season we went up.

Impressive stuff home and away and wish I'd been to so many games and grounds, watching us, although I have seen out youths play a couple of times against Aberdeen at Cove's Balmoral Stadium.

No wonder you've never been in a long term relationship...lol...

Didn't we pass Albion Rovers the first season we went up.

Impressive stuff home and away and wish I'd been to so many games and grounds, watching us, although I have seen out youths play a couple of times against Aberdeen at Cove's Balmoral Stadium.

No wonder you've never been in a long term relationship...lol...
Played them at Livingston not at their ground.

Ibrox
Hampden
Piggery
Fir Park
Rugby Park
Shittodrie
Easter Road
Excelsior (Airdrie)
Tannadice
New Douglas Park
Firhill
Cliftonhill
Murrayfield
Broadwood
Craven Cottage
St James Park
Cardiff City Stadium
Goodison Park

Off the top of my head

I'm off to Derby in 3 weeks for a running event. Considering going to Burton Albion v Charlton on the Saturday while down there.

Done quite a few including the following no longer there, or used in the first case.

Shawfield
Kilbowie
Boghead
Broomfield
Douglas Park
Brockville
Muirton
Love St

Last edited:
Ibrox, piggery, Hampden, Falkirk Brockville and new ground, Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion, Livingston, Hearts, Hibs, Dunfermline, Airdrie, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle, Aberdeen, Newcastle United, Sunderland and Burton Albion
Abroad Allianz Arena Munich, Eintracht Frankfurt, Fortuna Dusseldorf, Cologne, Moenchengladbach, Olympiastadion Hertha Berlin and Wolfsburg
Been at Blackpool, Fleetwood Town, Liverpool, Everton, Stoke City, Derby County, Cove Rangers and FSV Frankfurt but not actually inside the grounds and a tour of the Camp Nou

P1060715.jpg

Ibrox
Hampden
Piggery
Almondvale
St Mirren Park
Tynecastle
Easter Road
Tannadice
Dens Park
Fir Park
McDiarmid Park
Victoria Park
Pittodrie
Starks Park
Firhill
Gayfield
Rugby Park
East End Park
Cappielow
Palmerston Park
Somerset Park
New Douglas Park
Falkirk Stadium
Bayview
Excelsior Stadium
Links Park
Indodrill Stadium
Dumbarton Stadium
Central Park
Broadwood
Ochilview
Forthbank
Ainslie Park
Newtown Park

Braga Municipal Stadium
Emirates
Old Trafford
Etihad
St James Park
Windsor Park
Hillsborough

Will be adding the Brondby Stadion in a couple weeks, and possibly Lyon’s Groupama stadium in December.

Ground hopping is something I would love to get more in to as a vast majority of the grounds on my list have been done while following Rangers. But to have atttended games at 41 grounds at 19, considering I’d only been to Ibrox and Falkirk until the age of about 10 is quite impressive I think.

Last edited:
I also use the groundhopper app. Would highly recommend it for tracking matches and stats. Seems to be getting more popular in uk / app use is way bigger in Europe.

I've done 40 grounds with Rangers, 38 of them in Scotland. Majority ticked off between 2012-2016.

Enjoying following Rangers B, ticked off Bonnyrigg and Spartans already this season and aiming to get to Bo'ness, East Kilbride and Dalbeattie Star this year too.

Overall, I'm on 120 grounds.

37/42 in Scotland (was closer to completing but promotions to bottom tier since our journey back has hindered progress).

16/20 in English Premiership
14/24 in English Championship
(Overall 41 grounds in England)

14/18 in German Bundesliga (20 grounds overall in Germany)

Lots of other stadiums around Europe including Real and Barca.

Last edited:
In terms of ground bagging how do people judge the criteria? Does it have to be whilst a full game is being played? Or does just being inside the stadium / having a look about count in order to tick it off? ( for example wigans stadium , we were in the function suite before euro games at old Trafford, would folk count that as ticking off Wigan as got to wander about the stadium / sit in the seats etc?

I would like to do more of the grounds tick them off, still got a few senior grounds to do in Scotland, not helped by league changes , things like Edinburgh city moving ground : teams being promoted / cove rangers new ground

Did go to Albion rovers as knew would have to do that as a separate game / rangers wouldn’t be playing there & saw Edinburgh city at meadowbank before it closed

With the Rangers B team, whole lot of possibilities now as well.

I thought I’d done 37 European trips with rangers but recounted and only 36, have registered for Lyon away for my 37th , the novelty of the new ground kinda swung it / helped me decide to put up with the covid restrictions/ hassle (having been at Lyon’s old ground

In terms of ground bagging how do people judge the criteria? Does it have to be whilst a full game is being played? Or does just being inside the stadium / having a look about count in order to tick it off? ( for example wigans stadium , we were in the function suite before euro games at old Trafford, would folk count that as ticking off Wigan as got to wander about the stadium / sit in the seats etc?

I would like to do more of the grounds tick them off, still got a few senior grounds to do in Scotland, not helped by league changes , things like Edinburgh city moving ground : teams being promoted / cove rangers new ground

Did go to Albion rovers as knew would have to do that as a separate game / rangers wouldn’t be playing there & saw Edinburgh city at meadowbank before it closed

With the Rangers B team, whole lot of possibilities now as well.

I thought I’d done 37 European trips with rangers but recounted and only 36, have registered for Lyon away for my 37th , the novelty of the new ground kinda swung it / helped me decide to put up with the covid restrictions/ hassle (having been at Lyon’s old ground
I count grounds I’ve seen a game in. Before I went to a Man City game I was there for a gig and never counted that. I would count any type of game as ground ticked off for example I ticked off Murrayfield when I went to Liverpool v Napoli even though it’s technically not a football ground.

Teams moving up and down the league has fucked me I was a few away from being at all of the top four Scottish leagues then promotions and relegations changed that.

Italy for me is the best country to go to football at. I think I was lucky with being in certain curvas with connections for one game that we knew and had Rangers leanings so getting us in their section was a real experience. I am desperate to get to a game in Turkey but doubt that will be any time soon. I know a guy whose travelled all over the world for football including African Cup of Nations games. Incredible stories from that.

I also use the groundhopper app. Would highly recommend it for tracking matches and stats. Seems to be getting more popular in uk / app use is way bigger in Europe.

I've done 40 grounds with Rangers, 38 of them in Scotland. Majority ticked off between 2012-2016.

Enjoying following Rangers B, ticked off Bonnyrigg and Spartans already this season and aiming to get to Bo'ness, East Kilbride and Dalbeattie Star this year too.

Overall, I'm on 120 grounds.

37/42 in Scotland (was closer to completing but promotions to bottom tier since our journey back has hindered progress).

16/20 in English Premiership
14/24 in English Championship
(Overall 41 grounds in England)

14/18 in German Bundesliga (20 grounds overall in Germany)

Lots of other stadiums around Europe including Real and Barca.

Think I have you as a friend on the app but might be another poster. What’s your username and I’ll add you?

268 grounds.
Being a Southern based bear I did the "92", mainly following my local club Wycombe.
Scotland, I have done Hamdump several times, over 50 trips now to Ibrox, plus one off games to tick off the ground at Ayr, Tannadice, Rugby Park, Morton, Hearts, Dunfermline, Ross County, Inverness, Motherwell and Partick. Hoping to get to a few more this season.
Being based down south must be much easier to get through the grounds with so many options. Imagine being a ground hopper living in Austria or something? So many countries and opportunities on your doorstep.

268 grounds.
I did the new Spurs ground a couple of weeks ago for an NFL match. It's seriously impressive. Incredible bit of engineering.

All Rangers games unless stated

Ibrox, Rangers
Pittodrie, Aberdeen
Celtic Park, Celtic
Dens Park, Dundee
Tannadice, Dundee United
Tynecastle Hearts
Easter Road Hibs
Almondvale, Livingston
Fir Park, Motherwell
Victoria Park, Ross County
McDiarmid Park, St Johnstone
St Mirren Park, St Mirren (also with Sunderland)
Gayfield, Arbroath
Somerset, Ayr United
East End Park, Dunfermline
Cappielow Park, Morton
New Douglas Park, Hamilton
Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Rugby Park, Kilmarnock
Firhill, Partick
Palmerston Park, QoSouth
Starks Park, Raith
Excelsior, Airdrie
Recreation Park, Alloa
Broadwood, Clyde
Dumbarton Stadium, Dumbarton
New Bayview, East Fife
Falkirk Stadium, Falkirk
Links Park, Montrose
Balmoor Stadium, Peterhead
Galabank, Annan
Central Park, Cowdenbeath
Borough Briggs, Elgin
Station Park, Forfar
Ochilview Park, Stenhousemiur
Stair Park, Stranraer

Glebe Park, Brechin
Hampden
Lesser Hampden, Queen's Park
Raydale, Gretna
Brockville, Falkirk
Old Douglas Park , Hamilton
Old Meadowbank Stadium (Hibs Res v Rangers Res)
Love Street St Mirren
Firs Park, East Stirling (East Stirling v Berwick Rangers)
Shielfield Park, Berwick

Also been to a number of Non-League, Juniors grounds in Scotland

England - with Sunderland unless stated in brackets

Stadium of Light, Sunderland
Emirates, Arsenal
Villa Park, Aston Villa
Stamford Bridge, Chelsea
Goodison Park, Everton
King Power, Leicester City
Etihad Stadium, Manchester City
Old Trafford, Manchester United (also with Rangers)
St James Park Newcastle United (Rangers)
Molineux, Wolves
Dean Court, Bournemouth
Oakwell, Barnsley
Broomfield Road, Blackpool
Ashton Gate, Bristol City (Rangers)
Pride Park, Derby County (Rangers)
Craven Cottage, Fulham (also with Rangers)
KCOM Stadium, Hull City
Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough
London Road, Peterborough
Deepdale, Preston
Loftus Road, QPR
Bramall Lane, Sheffield United
Hillsborough, Sheffield Wednesday
Britannia Stadium, Stoke City
The Hawthorns, West Brom
Bolton, Bolton Wanderers
The Valley, Charlton
Gresty Road, Crewe Alexandra
Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster
Priestfield, Gillingham
Portman Road, Ipswich (also with Rangers)
Kassam Stadium, Oxford
Home Park, Plymouth
Fratton Park, Portsmouth
DW Stadium, Wigan
Adams Park, Wycombe
Bunton Park Carlisle (Carlisle v Crawley)
Victoria Park, Hartlepool
Spotland, Rochdale

Wembley
White Hart Lane, Tottenham
Valley Parade, Bradford ( Stuart McCall Testimonial )

Northern Ireland

Windsor Park
Riverside - Institute

Europe/Rest of World

Russia - Dinamo Stadium, Dinamo Moscow
France - Parc de Princes, PSG
France - Stade Louis II Monaco
France - Stade de l'Abbe Deschamps, Auxerre
Spain - Estadio El Sadar Osasuna
Portugal - Estado do Dragao, Porto
Portugal - Dos Barreiros, Maritimo
Italy - Stadio Armando Picchi Livorno
Norway - Aker Stadion, Molde
Holland - Alkmaarderhout, Alkmaar
Holland - De Kuip Stadium Feyenoord
Canada - Rogers Centre (Dinamo Zagreb v Rangers)
Sweden - Malmo Stadion, Malmo
Germany - Max-Morlock-Stadion, Nuremburg
Germany - Veltins-Arena, Schalke 04
Germany - Fritz-Walter-Stadion, Kaiserslautern
Germany - Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart
Czech Republic - Stadion Evzena Rosickeho, (Viktoria Zizkov v Rangers)
Poland - Legia Stadium - (Anzhi v Rangers )
Poland - Wronki Stadium, Amica Wronki
Denmark - Brondby Stadium, Brondby (Brondby v Aberdeen)
Denmark - Parken Stadium, Copenhagen
Cyprus - GSP Stadium, (Famagusta v Rangers)
Slovakia - Tehelne Pole (Artmedia v Rangers)
Slovenia - Stadion Ljudski Vrt, Maribor
Israel - Bloomfield Stadium Hapoel Tel Aviv
Dubai - Al Maktoum Stadium (Energie Cottbus v Rangers)
South Africa - Wanderers Stadium Johannesburg (Rangers & Aberdeen)
South Africa - Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein (Rangers & Aberdeen)

Plusa few smaller ground on pre-season

Last edited:
Another vouch for the Futbology App (previously groundhopper). Been using it for years and it’s the best place to keep a track of games and grounds you’ve been to.

I’ve done a lot of the 42 with us being in the lower leagues and a lot of the ex-juniors watching Pollok but I generally try to tick off any random grounds if I am not busy.

Sitting on 89 grounds just now and hoping to hit 100 before new year. Also want to make a dent on the 92 over the next year - I am currently sat at a measly 8/92 :D

Done quite a lot across the World.

Germany is where I’ve done my most - 2 in Bundesliga to go, 3 left in Bundesliga II and 10 left in 3 Liga.

Overall done about 130 outside of Britain, have a pennant from each one. Been to a few without seeing a match in Uruguay and Chile as well as other countries but don’t count them, River Plate watching Oasis probably the most famous.

Got 6 left I really want to do:

Newells Old Boys
Lazio/Roma
PAOK
Club America for Azteca
Hammarby
Dinamo Zagreb (have been but for England, totally different going these places without England, see so much more)

Done about 80 in Britain, been doing more and more lower division and non league in England this last 5 years. Try and do 2/3 whenever I go abroad, often moving City to City by train - I love it. Think I’ve done pretty well considering I’m only 41!

I’ve posted these before but this is my pennant collection from non British Grounds I’ve seen a match in:

Last edited:
Not a football stadium but I presume most people posting were at Murrayfield v Hearts too, seems to be forgotten about.

Ground hopping as its known down here in England.

I'm on 318 in total - 68 of the current EFL 92, have completed the Scottish Premier, and been to games in 16 countries (mainly Rangers Euro aways)

Most of the English ones I've done are with Millwall, quite a lot of non league games as well, know a few people involved with a few clubs so semi follow them.

I was down to needing 2 to have completed the 42 in Scotland (needed Elgin City and Ross County). After the promotions from the pyramid I’m now up to 4 left: Cove and Kelty being added in the last two seasons.

I actually missed Renfrew Juniors getting horsed at Kelty a couple of seasons back as I was abroad - there was even a supporters bus from the boozer in Renfrew went up for the game!

I also use the app to keep track of grounds that I've been to, I've only been to 39 most of which is the Highland league grounds, Ibrox and Hampden, a few grounds also no longer with us such as Brockville, the Boleyn ground, Allan Park and the old meadowbank stadium.

Ibrox
Hampden
The dump
The sheep pen
Dens Park
Fir Park
Firhill
Rugby Park
Somerset Park
Douglas Park
Brockville
Love Street
Shawfield
Anfield
Goodison Park
Stamford Bridge
Etihad Stadium
St James Park
Villa Park
Loftus Road
Cardiff City Stadium
Ricoh Arena (Coventry)
Griffin Park (Brentford)
Bescot Stadium (Walsall)
University of Bolton Stadium (formerly Reebok)
Wembley
Camp Nou
Olympic Stadium (Espanyol)
Bernabeu
Estádio Vicente Calderon (Atletico Madrid)
Mestalla (Valencia)
Estádio Jose Rico Perez (Hercules de Alicante)
Estádio Jose Alvalade (Sporting Lisbon)
Olympic Stadium (Munich)
And countless junior grounds, predominantly in the West of Scotland.

I was at every away ground Rangers played a competitive league game at on the way back up.
As a few others have indicated, we missed Albion Rovers, but I had actually seen Rangers play there in 1978 League Cup (dodged under the big bill board to get in)
Beyond that, I reckon I have seen us play at every ground which existed after Third Lanark's demise.
So Clyde at Shawfield, East Fife at Bayview, Dunfermline at old East End park, Brockville, Kilbowie, Dumbarton's original park (Boghead) and so on.
Don't count them, just bag all the Scottish Grounds that Rangers have played at.

Loads of admiration for Lee Wallace and Lee McCulloch. They played at all those grounds on the way back up!

I've done 136 different grounds so far having added The Valley and Rotherham's new stadium this season with Brondby and Port Vale to be added soon.

I only really do Rangers, Accy or Burnley games now so don't usually add many new ones. Time was I would go to random games but I've long since lost the notion for it.

Back