Groundhog day

Mdiz

The really alarming thing about today is that it wasn't alarming at all. It was, being honest, expected by a large amount of us bears. And I don't just mean expected in the context of this season. It has been expected over the last three years.

Sat here reading this board tonight, I'm struck by how often threads are repeating themselves. We saw this with Gio. We saw this with Beale. And we're now seeing it with Clement. It is the definition of a cycle.

The only constant here is the team. Specifically, the core or 'leadership' group. They have continually proven that they can't handle the pressure.

I've watched football for 30 years, and I can't remember a team that so quickly crumbles at the slightest bit of pressure - be it when chasing the title, or being at a game level.

The amount of times we've seen this team struggling to put basic passes together, looking lost at sea...and then we get a penalty or a fortunate goal or go two behind against them...and all of a sudden, it's like a completely different team playing. The change is obvious. It's pronounced. It's fucking telegraphed.

How many times have we been on this board typing 'why do X look so much more up for it?'?

It's not on. We shouldn't have to tell players that these are big games. We shouldn't need to get them riled up. And we certainly shouldn't be doing pre-match interviews for a Derby essentially saying that we need to ride our the storm. This Septic team are nothing special.

This goes beyond any manager. being honest, I'm not convinced that Big Phil is the answer, and he's doing his best to prove my doubts at the minute. But what's clear - more now than ever - is that we need a genuine rebuild. Not a 'get some trophy signings in positions that aren't critical' rebuild. We need a gutting. We need a new team and a new style of play.

We need a team that goes into every game not only thinking a win is a must for every game, but who actually believe that Rangers are going to win every game. That's missing. And until we have a group of players who get that, those dirty custard creams will continue to have success at our expense.

Thanks for listening to my Bread Talk.

The really alarming thing about today is that it wasn't alarming at all. It was, being honest, expected by a large amount of us bears. And I don't just mean expected in the context of this season. It has been expected over the last three years.

Sat here reading this board tonight, I'm struck by how often threads are repeating themselves. We saw this with Gio. We saw this with Beale. And we're now seeing it with Clement. It is the definition of a cycle.

The only constant here is the team. Specifically, the core or 'leadership' group. They have continually proven that they can't handle the pressure.

I've watched football for 30 years, and I can't remember a team that so quickly crumbles at the slightest bit of pressure - be it when chasing the title, or being at a game level.

The amount of times we've seen this team struggling to put basic passes together, looking lost at sea...and then we get a penalty or a fortunate goal or go two behind against them...and all of a sudden, it's like a completely different team playing. The change is obvious. It's pronounced. It's fucking telegraphed.

How many times have we been on this board typing 'why do X look so much more up for it?'?

It's not on. We shouldn't have to tell players that these are big games. We shouldn't need to get them riled up. And we certainly shouldn't be doing pre-match interviews for a Derby essentially saying that we need to ride our the storm. This Septic team are nothing special.

This goes beyond any manager. being honest, I'm not convinced that Big Phil is the answer, and he's doing his best to prove my doubts at the minute. But what's clear - more now than ever - is that we need a genuine rebuild. Not a 'get some trophy signings in positions that aren't critical' rebuild. We need a gutting. We need a new team and a new style of play.

We need a team that goes into every game not only thinking a win is a must for every game, but who actually believe that Rangers are going to win every game. That's missing. And until we have a group of players who get that, those dirty custard creams will continue to have success at our expense.

Cracking post mate. One of the best I've read on here. Tired of the Tav fan club and to Mr Clement I say this: 'Find a way to beat the bheast with a team fighting from the first whistle or Ibrox is not for you'. We seem to be comfortbaly numb and accepting of being second since the damage inflicted on our Club by David Murray and that's not the Rangers way.

The team isn't good enough . No point attacking the players just stick them in the transfer washing machine and let's hope the recruitment is a lot better.

Still 2 or 3 windows required. Patience is a must but need significant improvement by xnas/Jan.

Hear, hear.

Change has been far too long coming.

Probably for the first time in history, apart from that glorious cup semi in 2016, I don't know one Rangers fan who thought we would win today.

Whole new team required for next season, with a few younger exceptions.

Back