Group Stages Europa League

If we make it I'll be over the moon to me personally I don't care how much it is playing against possibley football royalty priceless

How about league game pricing and not taking the piss.

We are there to see Rangers after all.

Correct. The opposition shouldn't matter.

The club's pricing structure has went up by round so I fully expect us to put them up further.

But let's not rip the piss. There's only so much you can ask the fans for between now and Christmas for example.

£35 a ticket might sound great but it could mean someone having to choose between a ticket or a new top. Or vice versa.

Make it £80 a package. You fill the ground, you get the atmosphere and hopefully if the strips come out the punters get them as well.

Let's not make the same mistake Murray made in 1995 and 1996. Don't ruin the feel good factor.

Given the group stages was a bonus (before a ball was kicked) I think season ticket holders should be rewarded. So:

£75 for ST holders

£100 for non ST holders

And if possible packages in the public sale should go to people that have bought previous rounds (if the club could coordinate that)

I see your point and it's a valid one.
But I'd like to think the fans should be backing the board and manager.

We want money spent and good signings coming in.
We should help the board who are ploughing in millions out their own pocket.

40 per match.
100 for a package.
Season tickets and those at the qualifiers getting priority.

Correct. The opposition shouldn't matter.

The club's pricing structure has went up by round so I fully expect us to put them up further.

But let's not rip the piss. There's only so much you can ask the fans for between now and Christmas for example.

£35 a ticket might sound great but it could mean someone having to choose between a ticket or a new top. Or vice versa.

Make it £80 a package. You fill the ground, you get the atmosphere and hopefully if the strips come out the punters get them as well.

Let's not make the same mistake Murray made in 1995 and 1996. Don't ruin the feel good factor.
Absolutely spot on. People talking about packages for £120. It's the Europa League. The supporters should be rewarded not taken advantage of. This season has cost a fortune already :D

I asked this elsewhere but is it only the group winners who go forward from the group stage or the top two teams?

I see your point and it's a valid one.
But I'd like to think the fans should be backing the board and manager.

We want money spent and good signings coming in.
We should help the board who are ploughing in millions out their own pocket.

40 per match.
100 for a package.
Season tickets and those at the qualifiers getting priority.

I’ve read that sentence 3 or 4 times and still can’t work out if you’re ripping the pish or not.

As to your pricing I think most would be happy enough with £100 but £40 is a piss take imo. My point is the club have the chance to reward fan loyalty here.

Filling the ground is the most important thing, get young bears in. We need to remember that there’s a lot of youngsters who have missed this.

I still fondly remember my first vs Porto in ‘83.

£90 package tops.

Any more than that and folk will just batter into The Louden and watch on BT Sports.

If the board are being realistic, they did not expect this windfall. None of us did. This is a bonus.

Make the most of it. What they'll 'lose' in tickets they'll more than make up in merchandise and kits.

I’ve read that sentence 3 or 4 times and still can’t work out if you’re ripping the pish or not.

As to your pricing I think most would be happy enough with £100 but £40 is a piss take imo. My point is the club have the chance to reward fan loyalty here.
Who rewards King for spunking another 20 or 30 million down the drain.
Why would it be ripping the pish?
40 quid = Piss take.
30 million = Where's the rest.

I'll pay whatever and I know many of us are the same. At the same time I'm also mindful of those that have families and are feeling the pinch. Especially after a heavy summer of paying for the ST, then 6 non-ST matches on top of that if you've bought all 4 Europa qualifiers and the 2 friendlies. So I think, while we want to pile money into the club we still need to retain a fair price to keep the game accessible for everybody, especially the people that are attending every game.

Given the play off round is £25 I think a 3 match package would be great value at £90, fair at £100.

I'd rather we didn't price the 3 match package based on the opponents either. Whoever our opponents are, being back at this stage should be massive and priced accordingly but fairly for season ticket holders. If games are sold individually to those who want to cherry pick the glamour ties, then sure, mix and match the prices. £55 for a Chelsea or Arsenal. £35 for another team from the former Yugoslavian countries.

The fans have a chance to reward the guys who gambled millions, yes millions, of pounds from their bank account to ensure we had the opportunity of being where the club is today.
The further good news is that the revenue generated will not be going to their bank accounts (where it properly belongs) to repay them for their supreme act of loyalty, but invested into our club.
You speak of loyalty; is the £120 a deal breaker for you?

Who rewards King for spunking another 20 or 30 million down the drain.
Why would it be ripping the pish?
40 quid = Piss take.
30 million = Where's the rest.

Our supporters don’t have an endless supply of money you know. I’m eternally grateful to the board but the support are the lifeblood of our club and support both the team and the board in record numbers already, hence me asking if you’re taking the piss. And since you talk about money being ‘spunked away’ is it the supporters fault that the board sanctioned ridiculous sums Being handed to a second rate manager who used it to shocking effect?

This works both ways mate, and our fans are absolutely doing their part, which they should be rewarded for imo.

On another note... its going to be worth north of £3m in gate receipts over the 3 home games, even at conservative estimates.

And £2.6m (€2.9m) UEFA base fee just for getting there.

The fans have a chance to reward the guys who gambled millions, yes millions, of pounds from their bank account to ensure we had the opportunity of being where the club is today.
The further good news is that the revenue generated will not be going to their bank accounts (where it properly belongs) to repay them for their supreme act of loyalty, but invested into our club.
You speak of loyalty; is the £120 a deal breaker for you?

For me no, but I think it’s unfair to guys who go every week (I don’t). As I’ve already said, I think people will be happy with £100 but imo the unwavering loyalty of the fans should be rewarded a little bit.

For me no, but I think it’s unfair to guys who go every week (I don’t). As I’ve already said, I think people will be happy with £100 but imo the unwavering loyalty of the fans should be rewarded a little bit.[/QUOTE

When you compare the sum of money raised by RFFF and the sums of money raised by DK & the 3Bs you are driven to the conclusion that one of them made a gesture in the attempt to rescue our club and one of them went all in. The game next Thursday will raise 1.25m within a week. That demonstrates quite clearly the economic power of our support. What DK & The 3Bs demonstrated, in taking the risk that they did, was unwavering loyalty. It is not unreasonable that they ask the economic powerhouse that is the Rangers support to do their bit. £40 per match is IMHO a good deal.
When you compare the sum of money raised by RFFF and the sums of money raised by DK & the 3Bs you are driven to the conclusion that one of them made a gesture in the attempt to rescue our club and one of them went all in. The game next Thursday will raise 1.25m within a week. That demonstrates quite clearly the economic power of our support. What DK & The 3Bs demonstrated, in taking the risk that they did, was unwavering loyalty. It is not unreasonable that they ask the economic powerhouse that is the Rangers support to do their bit. £40 per match is IMHO a good deal.[/QUOTE]

And as I’ve already said, we have done our bit and continue to do our bit, through the darkest of times. Exploiting that, isn’t what I want to see from the Rangers board.

If you are ok with £40 then fair enough. I’m not, I’d still pay it though.

And as I’ve already said, we have done our bit and continue to do our bit, through the darkest of times. Exploiting that, isn’t what I want to see from the Rangers board.

If you are ok with £40 then fair enough. I’m not, I’d still pay it though.

No no no. I'm not having the exploiting thing. If we want a club that matches our ambition then we will have to stump up. If anything the explotation is the other way round. We have exploited their loyalty to the club.

£90 quid would be fair for the package.

People saying £120 etc, what would you suggest we pay when CL football returns? o_O

It’s excellent we’re almost there but wouldn’t be happy if club decided to skin the punters for this one.

Our supporters don’t have an endless supply of money you know. I’m eternally grateful to the board but the support are the lifeblood of our club and support both the team and the board in record numbers already, hence me asking if you’re taking the piss. And since you talk about money being ‘spunked away’ is it the supporters fault that the board sanctioned ridiculous sums Being handed to a second rate manager who used it to shocking effect?

This works both ways mate, and our fans are absolutely doing their part, which they should be rewarded for imo.
Agree completely.
Our fans are great.
Now, so are our board.
Who rewards them?

Regardless of who we play it should be the same price. £30 a game maximum imo.

Positive the mentally challengeds made it £99 for Barca, City and Gladbach (sure I remember watching a video from Copa90 on Youtube and that was mentioned when comparing prices when it came to the OF game.)

Regardless of who we play it should be the same price. £30 a game maximum imo.

Positive the mentally challengeds made it £99 for Barca, City and Gladbach (sure I remember watching a video from Copa90 on Youtube and that was mentioned when comparing prices when it came to the OF game.)

They were £99 in 16/17 and £114 for 17/18

Reactions: _72
Just chucking this out there. For every £10 more or less, costs or gains the club £500,000!

No no no. I'm not having the exploiting thing. If we want a club that matches our ambition then we will have to stump up. If anything the explotation is the other way round. We have exploited their loyalty to the club.

The fans have stumped up massively in support of this board even when on the footballing side of things they’ve had fucked up pretty badly at times.

The fans have exploited no one we’ve went all in time and again with this board, there’s hardly been a spare seat at Ibrox in 3 years.

Must be difficult to price it accordingly. Say if 30,000 fans bought a 3 game package at say £90, by the time the last home game is played and we can't qualify and are playing a lesser name, how do the club sell the other 18,000 tickets for that game. It's something that requires a lot of thought. Obviously the club want to make money but have to get that balance right between making money and not overpricing..

Must be difficult to price it accordingly. Say if 30,000 fans bought a 3 game package at say £90, by the time the last home game is played and we can't qualify and are playing a lesser name, how do the club sell the other 18,000 tickets for that game. It's something that requires a lot of thought. Obviously the club want to make money but have to get that balance right between making money and not overpricing..

£30 a game max is plenty, you’d like to think this is seen as bonus money. There’s not many people would have thought we’d get through to the groups.

There are lads out there that spend literally thousands of pounds to go and support the club over the course of a season. Clearly we have different ideas of what ‘stumping up’ means as I think we do that already, and will keep doing so.

Similar to a post further up I find your last sentence to be quite incredible. But to be honest mate, if you genuinely have that mind set then we’ll never agree on this. You think the fans should pay more, I don’t, let’s just leave it there.

Regardless of the opposition well still have the same costs : policing, stadium costs etc, etc
It shouldnt matter a fek who were playing.

Regardless of the opposition well still have the same costs : policing, stadium costs etc, etc
It shouldnt matter a fek who were playing.

I agree , our prices are static regardless , and also bears situations change and can’t follow to team to the same extent , so for me a fare price across the board .

Agree completely.
Our fans are great.
Now, so are our board.
Who rewards them?

The rewards come with success on the pitch, and in time. They will also be rewarded when the shirts go on sale and they fly out in record numbers. Funny how we do a lot of things in ‘record numbers’ but that doesn’t seem to be enough for a few of you. I have no real wish to go over this again, given how much of a feel good factor there is, but if you want to pat everyone on the back for putting so much money in, you also need to consider how much of that was wasted on utter dross. Some of the decisions made by the board have been utter lunacy and has cost us absolute fortunes. Are we rewarding them for that too?

I’ll reiterate how grateful I am, on the whole, but there is a limit to what the suppprters should be asked to pay, and going over the odds on these games wouldn’t be right imo. You think that’s ok, and that’s up to you mate.

Like many others, I thought £100 for the 3 games is fair.

£35 per individual game.

Only saving £5, but £40 a game individually is slightly OTT.

There are lads out there that spend literally thousands of pounds to go and support the club over the course of a season. Clearly we have different ideas of what ‘stumping up’ means as I think we do that already, and will keep doing so.

Similar to a post further up I find your last sentence to be quite incredible. But to be honest mate, if you genuinely have that mind set then we’ll never agree on this. You think the fans should pay more, I don’t, let’s just leave it there.

Stumping up means investing in our club.
£3.5m of our stumping up per season goes to the bastards who tried to destroy our club. That's a brilliant idea.
All this stumping up by our support carries with it no risk whatsoever. We pay for a product and we consume that product. Why don't we invest in our club? DK & the 3Bs took a massive risk with millions of their pounds sterling.
And you speak of loyalty. I hardly know where to start with that shit.

If we want Rangers to succeed then we had better get fucking real. You, in the meantime, behave as the entitled supporter who see it as someone else's job to move Rangers on.

£3.5m of our stumping up per season goes to the bastards who tried to destroy our club. That's a brilliant idea.
All this stumping up by our support carries with it no risk whatsoever. We pay for a product and we consume that product. Why don't we invest in our club? DK & the 3Bs took a massive risk with millions of their pounds sterling.

If we want Rangers to succeed then we had better get fucking real. You, in the meantime, behave as the entitled supporter who see it as someone else's job to move Rangers on.

Are you for real?

The fans stumped up in record numbers last year when most knew that Pedro was a fuckin clown.

We continued to stump up and fill the ground with a youth team coach in charge, even though we knew he was out his depth the 1st the board put him there.

I’m Entitled? For suggesting that the club doesn’t go over board in 3 games of a potential 60 plus game season? 3 games that are pretty much a bonus to everyone including the board I assume. I’m not asking we get in for free ffs and I’ve already said I’d pay £120 if it comes to it. Genuinely I’ve read some shite on here but that’s definitely up there with the best of it.

Back