Growing appetite for Premier League season to be abandoned

I haven't heard any Liverpool fan say they should be given the league.. not like the greatest fans in the world it's been constant from them and there friends in the press..
I know a few fans who have voiced that opinion, that's natural enough. However what you don't get is the sycophantic nonsense from their mouthpieces in the media that we are subjected to 24/7.

Our league has been voided with all games expunged with us sitting on top. Only right that this season is binned.

As much as it’s harsh on Liverpool with their lead, the season must be voided and I’d say the same if it was Rangers
If it was us on top I'd support it being voided, these are unprecedented times. Also be under no illusions that if it had been Rangers top of the League, it would already have been voided. No question, no debate, %^*& the Rangers would have been the statement from the SPFL

I can see season 2019/20 and 2020/21 being declared void around Europe. No chance social distancing will be relaxed enough by August/September IMO. I hope I am proved incorrect.

I've had a celtic fan tell me that Liverpool should be awarded it, God knows what his motive for that was though
Liverpool are in a completely different situation to the scum they are 2 games away from winning the league and are dignified under this unprecedented time, all the scum want is their 9iar to lord it up. I honestly believe the English and Scottish leagues will be null and void as will the leagues in Europe.

There’s folk dying. Football needs to be forgotten about. Write off this season.

Makes you wonder how many deaths it will take before it gets into the ignorant, thick skulls of the smelly unwashed tramps. Even then, they'd probably get straight back to campaigning for it after the worst of this virus has passed.

Stuff like this makes it so weird seeing Skysports still having enough news/rumour to run transfer centre.

Hopefully common sense prevails and void this season, by the time it's clear to start again players are going to need a pre season of sorts to get ready again. Possibly a shortened season next season then start afresh the season after

Common sense may prevail at last. Has to be null and void. Need to start to plan on next season and let clubs try to plan to survive this.

imagine scum playing a closed door game, with all the social distancing they would have nobody to fall over to get a free kick or penalty

There are 12 weeks to the end of June and we have 9 games left in the league and one, or more, games left in Europe. Lockdown is for at least two more weeks and at the moment there is no football until 30th of April. We have to take in international games, cup games and finals so for the love of me I can’t see how they can finish the season before end of June.
Its then do we finish the season starting in say August but with new players? How stupid would that look like also it would ruin next seasons European competition as we don’t know who enters. This season must be stopped now and I’m convinced they know it but are trying to work out a way that gives them the league without it ending up in court.

I’m all for voiding the season, the league is not complete until the full complement of games are played. I believe thems the rules. They can’t just make rules up on the fly.

only issue I have with voiding is the appropriation of prize money. Would the spfl decide to keep the prize money?

Liverpool are in a completely different situation to the scum they are 2 games away from winning the league and are dignified under this unprecedented time, all the scum want is their 9iar to lord it up. I honestly believe the English and Scottish leagues will be null and void as will the leagues in Europe.

they are in a similar position imo, they are ahead in their league which hasnt been mathematically won or all the games complete. Liverpool should not be awarded the title as should be the case across all leagues.

if you award liverpool it then you must also the mentally challengeds.

they are in a similar position imo, they are ahead in their league which hasnt been mathematically won or all the games complete. Liverpool should not be awarded the title as should be the case across all leagues.

if you award liverpool it then you must also the mentally challengeds.
I didn’t say award it them but they are 2 games away from winning it, the scum are not 2 games away from winning the league so there is a massive difference and to say if Liverpool get awarded the title the mentally challengeds should get it ha ha what planet you on ffs.

I can see season 2019/20 and 2020/21 being declared void around Europe. No chance social distancing will be relaxed enough by August/September IMO. I hope I am proved incorrect.
I suspect your right social distancing will be turned on and off but not enough that football can go ahead

At the end of the day, the footballing authorities throughout the world have to act with dignity here. You cannot have celebratory situations, when all round people are dying.

FIFA have to get their act together and bring this footballing season to an end.

And by that, I mean, make it null and void.

They have to stop, the very situation we have in Scotland, with them more interested in being given the league title, when in reality and excuse my language here.

Who the fuc k gives a damn about a bloody league title, when we have one of the worst pandemics to effect the worlds population and the very people that make football the sport it is are dying in their thousands.

UEFA and FIFA get your bloody heads out your arses and bring football to a close now.........

As for Celtic Football Club, you brings nothing but disharmony to the very fabrics of our society with your single minded attitude towards everything that is not representative of your way of thinking.

Despicable Football Club in more ways than one.

Couldnt care less about football at this time

This.

If the SPL season is null and void and we effectively start again next season, so be it.

If the SPL title gets awarded based on current status, so be it.

The first option is the correct one in my opinion but honestly, if the SPL get it wrong and go with option 2, it’ll be the most tainted of all tainted titles and everyone, including them, will know it. The record books will show 9 but history will also record the circumstances.

Whatever happens happens. More important things to worry about currently.

As I see it, they have rescheduled the Euros for June 20/21. Next season domestically must finish for all nations by Mid May

You need to factor in a rest for the players and a proper pre season training

Given the latest govt advice it’s unlikely to lift any restrictions until end of May (based on the12 weeks from now)

Only logical decision is to scrap the season now, declare it null and void and start again in August

This.

If the SPL season is null and void and we effectively start again next season, so be it.

If the SPL title gets awarded based on current status, so be it.

The first option is the correct one in my opinion but honestly, if the SPL get it wrong and go with option 2, it’ll be the most tainted of all tainted titles and everyone, including them, will know it. The record books will show 9 but history will also record the circumstances.

Whatever happens happens. More important things to worry about currently.
Spot on mate. Wish they’d hurry up and get it voided and concentrate on more important things in the world.

This seasons EPL will be remembered in football terms for the absolute dominance of Liverpool FC.
Whether or not they are awarded the 'title' of champions seems to me to be irrelevant right now.

Cannot wait for the Timplosion if im honest. Null and void equals they end on 8 in a row (tainted)

Which is precisely why they will do everything in their power to avoid null and void.

Even if they ultimately get gifted it we all know it’s tainted anyway so more important things to be concerned about right now for me.

They can't play behind closed doors it's against the law maybe they could get some hazman suits, the next 2-3 weeks is going to really bad even talking about football will be the last thing if at all on people's minds, then again that mob are a truly a Club like no other.

In England the clubs should vote and award Liverpool the title . I think every club would vote for that. Then the logical thing to do would be to void the league and add two teams from the league below and no relegation . Not perfect but nothing will be

Which is precisely why they will do everything in their power to avoid null and void.

Even if they ultimately get gifted it we all know it’s tainted anyway so more important things to be concerned about right now for me.
Celtic would achieve absolute moral bankruptcy if they award themselves the title 'Champions'

Makes you wonder how many deaths it will take before it gets into the ignorant, thick skulls of the smelly unwashed tramps. Even then, they'd probably get straight back to campaigning for it after the worst of this virus has passed.

Stuff like this makes it so weird seeing Skysports still having enough news/rumour to run transfer centre.

Even if it affected their own ex-players etc, they would try and claim it in their honour. They are shameless tramps.

And for what it is worth, I would be ashamed if Rangers persued it from their position, even after the years of misery we have had.

Back