Growing appetite for Premier League season to be abandoned

My brother suggested this to me the other day and I thought it was a great idea.

Honorary Scottish Cup award to essential workers and volunteers.

Get it out there on social media. NHS SPFL Champions and Scottish Cup winners.

A fine tribute for some outstanding and very brave individuals.

League should certainly be voided, it the only honourable thing to do.

Before this shut down started, I actually heard a Celtic supporting fellow in my local bookies suggesting not only should they be awarded the league, they should also be awarded the cup as well as they are the “bestest team”.

The leagues have literally said they'll be postponed indefinitely. End of June as a deadline has only been mentioned on here. What makes you think you know better?
I've never claimed to know better.

However looking at it logically...

Can you carry on a season when players contracts expire? Will clubs be allowed to sign new players to finish this season? Pre contracts have been agreed by clubs for players to join in the summer. One player could end up playing against their former club to finish the season. Euro 2020 being pushed back a season will cause season 20-21 to be required to finish early , as this season was scheduled to do.

There are too many if's, buts and maybe to allow this season to finish as far as I can see.

Where do you suggest they draw the line, or not?

Where has this 'Sky and BT will need paid back' come from? Genuine question.

Early articles on voiding the season stated that, in this scenario, supporters and broadcasters would be entitled to refunds.

Regardless of whether that is legally the case, I can't imagine Sky or BT Sports asking for their money back and intentionally bankrupting the product they will make a mint from in the future.

The leagues have literally said they'll be postponed indefinitely. End of June as a deadline has only been mentioned on here. What makes you think you know better?

The end of June date came from the UEFA meeting 2 weeks ago

As I said before they all had the chance to null and void all 2019/20 League & Cup Competitions at that meeting but never, not just UEFA but it was agreed with the ECA, European League and FIFPro to continue at the moment although games are suspended

I reckon they will be another meeting with those 4 bodies and hopefully some decision should be made

The Leicester City fans forum (I post on it occasionally) have the same attitude as the bheasts up here.
They don't want null and void as it would mean their 9-0 record score would be wiped and they'd miss out on the CL next season meaning Spurs would be back in it.
Lots to sort out down there.

I think Liverpool should be awarded if all the other teams in the Epl agree to it , which i think they would , everyone agrees they are deserved winners and are too far ahead. Totally different story to up here though.
Hard as it will be for Liverpool I don't agree. It shouldn't be up to other clubs to agree as it simply hasn't been won. If we cut through all the crap about TV contracts and refunds etc the only possible outcome in these totally exceptional circumstances is to declare the season cancelled.

I think Liverpool should be awarded if all the other teams in the Epl agree to it , which i think they would , everyone agrees they are deserved winners and are too far ahead. Totally different story to up here though.
Exactly, it's still all to play for up here. Liverpool had it wrapped up about two months ago.

The big problem with that is the European coefficient and seedings. I'd take all coefficient points from the end of the last round of European fixtures then void all the leagues.

They either all go or none of them do, UEFA need to make the decision.

I dont think there is going to be a decision anytime soon but in all honesty I could not give a f$%k about this season now no matter what decision they come to. It's all insignificant.

Get what your saying but it's a dangerous path. They have NOT won the title so should not be given it.
Mark my words, the Scottish football authorities are praying that the EPL take this decision so they can follow suit.

There is no chance of any football before June/July let’s be honest.

Even after this goes, it’s a clusterfuck to restart the world.

Should be null and void, but as there are only 2 teams who could win it with the points total remaining, would anyone gamble on a coin toss for the winners like they did in bygone days?

Just watching a video with Klopp on the Liverpool YouTube page. Pure class, no protestations or bitterness at all. Just concentrating on the bigger picture.
Klopp is from good German proddy stock, where as Lennon................

Reactions: VGM
Most right-minded people know football is not a priority at the minute! but the tims are being their usual sleekit selves by not saying anything through the "club" but using their useful idiots to voice their wish for the league to be given to them and are trying to be clever, as in "well, lots of folk have said we should get it, so..." .
Stay Safe People.

Speaking to the BBC, Burrows admits that finishing the campaign is the “right way to handle” the situation because everything is still up for grabs in Scotland.

There’s still a big push by some to have the games played,” said Burrows [BBC Scotland].

“I think it’s all up for grabs at this point.

“It’s on my agenda in the sense that I think it’s the right way to handle it.

“But, given the timescales involved, with every day that passes I think it becomes more unrealistic in that sense.

Speaking to the BBC, Burrows admits that finishing the campaign is the “right way to handle” the situation because everything is still up for grabs in Scotland.

There’s still a big push by some to have the games played,” said Burrows [BBC Scotland].

“I think it’s all up for grabs at this point.

“It’s on my agenda in the sense that I think it’s the right way to handle it.

“But, given the timescales involved, with every day that passes I think it becomes more unrealistic in that sense.

This sums up my feeling on this. The longer this goes on the harder it gets to shoehorn fixtures in before next season.

The likes of UEFA and the EPL will do everything they can to complete this season simply for money. There’s no logic or mortality in trying to complete the season when they have no idea how long this virus will be around

There's still the possibility that the Scottish football authorities, from deep within the depths of Liewell's bowels, will declare the season ended and award the Dhims the title - but will insist there's still time to squeeze in 3 Scottish Cup matches somewhere in order to give them a crack at their quadruple treble.

Would any of us be surprised?:rolleyes:

Back