Guardiola off to Juve

Was reported as a done deal a few months ago and he came out and said he wasn't moving. Interesting to see if he's changed his mind.

Why is everyone discounting the OP ? Being widely reported
No it isn't.

Pep Guardiola won't be Massimiliano Allegri's successor on the Juventus bench. In fact, the manager himself shut down these rumours during the press conference ahead of Man City's clash with Watford.

"How many times do I have to say it? I won't go to work in Turin, I'm not going to Italy. I'm satisfied with working with this club, with these people. Today I feel like that, then things can change in football. Next season may not be as good as this one, but I'll still be the Manchester City coach," he stated.

I can only imagine how many Liverpool, United , Spurs and Chelsea fans the OP has disappointed with this thread. They’d love to see the back of him.

Not sure what's left for him to do at Man City.

They're not going to win the Champions League. Their fans don't even seem to care about winning it either.

I keep reading it is being widely reported? I haven’t read it anywhere at all?

Pep himself has said on numerous occasions he is staying at City.

Non story.

I keep reading it is being widely reported? I haven’t read it anywhere at all?

Pep himself has said on numerous occasions he is staying at City.

Non story.

An Italian journalist is reporting it. 4 year deal.

It will no doubt be a lot of shite.

Not sure how you can miss it though, Google Pep Guardiola and there's numerous articles about it.

id imagine he wants to win the Champions League before he moves - if and when that happens he will go as he will have done everything possible with City.

The money is available at Man City to make it the power house of European football over the next couple of years.

I can’t see Pep leave until that has been achieved.

Jhournalists,and mhedia you say?,when we gonna learn?
Just anything to sell a flaying newspaper.

The money is available at Man City to make it the power house of European football over the next couple of years.

I can’t see Pep leave until that has been achieved.

The money is also available at Real Madrid/Barcelona/PSG/Bayern Munich/Juventus/Liverpool/Man Utd (lol) to make it the power house of European football over the next couple of years.

Not easy to win the Champions League and Man City frankly haven't even come close.

id imagine he wants to win the Champions League before he moves - if and when that happens he will go as he will have done everything possible with City.

Exactly what people said when he was rumoured to be leaving Bayern Munich.

Not sure how you can miss it though, Google Pep Guardiola and there's numerous articles about it.
Theres numerous articles about him saying he is not going to Juventus, with quotes from pep himself saying "I'm not going to Juventus"

Not sure what's left for him to do at Man City.

They're not going to win the Champions League. Their fans don't even seem to care about winning it either.

I don't think you can say that they will never win the Champions League. They are a better side than both finalists this year. They might not win it, but I don't think you can say it with much confidence.

Wouldn’t be surprised.

Man City is a real house of cards which is about to come down.

Very smart of Pep to get out now.

One Italian journalist is hardly widely reporting?

I did read the reports months ago and Pep has continually rubbished them and said he will be at City next season.

Pep will honour his contract with man City which has another 2 seasons to go,, then I'd expect him to go Italy, the only major league for him still to manage in,, after 3 years or so, he would probably want a go at the Spanish national job,,, then retire to the beach, which will probably bore him and he will end up back at barca,,, maybe

I know Pep's teams play fantastic football, and he's undoubtedly an amazing manager. But, since Barca he's managed Bayern and Man City - both of whom were already dominating domestically.

Has he made them better? Domestically absolutely - but in Europe at Bayern he got knocked out at the semi final stage three years running to Real Madrid (5-0); Barcelona (5-3); and Athletico (2-2 - lost on away goals). At Man City he was put out by Monaco in the last 16; and then Liverpool and Spurs at the quarter final stage. That's not a great record given the resources he's had.

Back