Guardiola vs Mourinho

Mourinho has become a dinosaur sadly. That attritional style he employs has never changed and everyone knows what to expect. Pep has morphed with the game.

Mourinho would have won the UCL with Man City by now with that length of time and squad
Look at the money spent and squads he had at Chelsea and Real and he couldn’t even make a final. The less said about his exploits with Utd the better (although I gather some believe spending hundreds of millions to win the Europa League is actually a great achievement).

Also Mourinho rarely lasts long enough at clubs because he can’t stop himself from going Nuclear and melting down before being punted. He’s been sacked 4 or 5 times, I don’t think that’s ever happened to Guardiola.

Got to respect what Mourinho did with Porto and Inter...especially winning the CL with Porto. But he had a brief period in time of being a world class manager, he's now yesterday's man.

I doubt you'll ever see Pep having to manage the likes of Spurs or Roma.

FWIW, Pep's best teams would beat Jose's best IMO.

Got to respect what Mourinho did with Porto and Inter...especially winning the CL with Porto. But he had a brief period in time of being a world class manager, he's now yesterday's man.

I doubt you'll ever see Pep having to manage the likes of Spurs or Roma.

FWIW, Pep's best teams would beat Jose's best IMO.

Porto absolutely, a truly brilliant achievement. His inter side was choc full of world class talent though, but it’s spoken of as though it was another fairytale story of an unfancied side winning the CL.

But I suppose it can never be demonstrated because Guardiola is unlikely to end up at a smaller job given his continued success and appeal to the biggest clubs in Europe.

As near as they're going to get just now. Most Man Utd managers spend fortunes, it's what they do (other than a couple of rare spells they brought kids through).

Not really, they finished 19 points behind City in 2nd one season and were embarrassingly nowhere near even second spot during the rest of his tenure. Last season United finished 12 points behind City lead by Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer ffs.

Porto absolutely, a truly brilliant achievement. His inter side was choc full of world class talent though, but it’s spoken of as though it was another fairytale story of an unfancied side winning the CL.

But I suppose it can never be demonstrated because Guardiola is unlikely to end up at a smaller job given his continued success and appeal to the biggest clubs in Europe.

They had a cracking squad of course, but they weren't exactly a powerhouse at the time and he won the treble with them that year. Some of the performances in the CL that year were depressing to watch though, parking the bus from the first whistle.

They had a cracking squad of course, but they weren't exactly a powerhouse at the time and he won the treble with them that year. Some of the performances in the CL that year were depressing to watch though, parking the bus from the first whistle.

Thought it was a cracking side he assembled though. Cesar was one of the best keepers in them world at the time, Maicon was vying with Alves for best rig to back. Sneijder was at the peak of his powers, as was Milito. Cambiasso was brilliant and Eto’o is Eto’o. They weren’t great to watch but they were choc full of world class talent and given Mourinho was still a respectable coach at the time I wasn’t surprised they took the CL.

Why would Guardiola - when being offered the top jobs in world football - take a contract at a lesser team, likely on lesser money?

He’s not going to a club the size of Porto when Bayern and Man City are calling.

The top coaches will get the top jobs.

Even looking at how they conduct themselves is like night and day.

I don't think that Mourinho is a dinosaur. it's just that his best days would appear to be behind him. And everything has to be about him.

It was fresh and vibrant back in the day, his act is just boring now.

Back