Guess which band from 20 years ago?

Bit weird of Mogwai calling someone "art-school pretentious numpties" given well, them, and their entire audience. 1 and 3 are obviously wrong. 2 is a correct conclusion, however their working proves them to just have been lucky to arrive there.

Whoever it is they seem quite bitter and jealous of others that have actually made it and are well known. All the traits of a bheast right there, consumed by hate , bitterness and jealousy.

Gillespie and his old man were Rangers fans before he had a rock band. He soon found out that wouldn't go down too well in Glasgow showbiz circles and like the shitebag he is, he jumped ship to the peasants.
Really? I thought he was just brought up like that. In my opinion that makes him even worse than a bog standard mentally challenged then.

All the guys in the Fannies are brand new.
I was at a TFC gig at The Garage in my final term at Uni (2001). Chatted with Norman afterwards, he told me he had read on a transfer rumours site that Pascal Cygan was joining Rangers! After the summer I hadn’t been back in Glasgow until December, when I walked out of Central Station and say a long haired guy walking towards me. It was Norman, and he remembered me and said hi!

Without looking at any other responses, almost certainly Mogwai. The main guy significantly eclipses most of the most rabid celebrity Tims. Many of them are guilty of obsessively namedropping Celtic in interviews, but with Mogwai it always spilled over into anti-Rangers bile far more readily.

Was it Deacon Blue, thinking this was Dougie Vipond’s answers to his interview for a BBC Scotland Sports presenter

I was at a TFC gig at The Garage in my final term at Uni (2001). Chatted with Norman afterwards, he told me he had read on a transfer rumours site that Pascal Cygan was joining Rangers! After the summer I hadn’t been back in Glasgow until December, when I walked out of Central Station and say a long haired guy walking towards me. It was Norman, and he remembered me and said hi!

Very weirdly, I got hammered with Gerry that night :))

Very weirdly, I got hammered with Gerry that night :))
I remember you mentioning it on a pod and thinking that I was chatting to Norman at probably the exact same time!

During the gig someone chucked a cigar onstage and Norman did a Jimmy Savile impersonation. Wouldn’t get that nowadays!

Im not just saying this for some kind of comic put down, I have no fucking idea who these people are. But as an example of a picture being able to tell a thousand stories, this is it.
Have a look at their drummer.

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Remember one of the music rags years ago done a double page spread about why bands hated Rangers, most prominenet were The Proclaimers in the article , although they said they had a grudging respect for Souness.

Certainly not Glasvegas, their bass player Paul (believe it or not) is a massive Bluenose. Singer is the only proper yahoo.
Paul and the other guy (who is not the singer) were Eastbank Academy pupils when I was there I didn't know Paul but cannot recall Robert ever showing much interest in football.

Reactions: TN8
Haha! Braithwaite saying Blur "put musicians to shame".
Is he aware that phrase means that they are better than other musicians? Dumbfuck.

Him attempting to slag off Blur, who evolved throughout their career and have one of the best songwriters and guitarists going. Compared to the monotonous droning pish that his group churn out over and over.

Back