Guide Dogs looking for Volunteers (Rangers related)

PaxBritannica

Stumbled across this on Facebook and thought that I'd give it a bash on here to see if anyone is able to help. A great cause as it is, but to be able to ensure that one of our own was able to get to the games is brilliant. Hopefully they are able to get someone.

279379011_3204979019780957_5819270776222112567_n.jpg

1f4e2.png
Attention Rangers fans!
⚽️

We are looking for volunteers to attend Rangers games at Ibrox to accompany two fans with sight loss. Entry for the volunteers would be free.
We are looking for one volunteer who lives in or around South Lanarkshire and another who lives in or around Erskine. Ideally, the volunteers will also be keen to visit our service users on a regular basis as well as attend the football games with them.
The person in or around Erskine would also like someone who can go to new places with them at the weekend to free run their guide dog.
The person in or around South Lanarkshire would like someone who can potentially go for a coffee with them or to the gym. They are free on a Tuesday or Wednesday as well as Saturdays and Sundays.
If you are interested, please apply by visiting www.guidedogs.org.uk/volunteering and selecting the 'My Sighted Guide' role.
[Photo shows yellow guide dog Lincoln at Ibrox Stadium. Lincoln's Facebook page is: Lincoln's Larks]

I can’t help with physical aspects, but fwiw, we sponsor a puppy guide dog, a dark brown Labrador. He’s about to graduate and will go to his permanent job in July. I wish him and his client all the best. And when that happens, we’ll sponsor the next puppy.

I would love to do something like that but just don’t have the time with work.

Hope they find someone to assist.

They used to have a guide dog training facility in the centre of Hamilton, might still do. It would be my ideal job.

If I was nearer retirement age I'd happily volunteer to help the OP out, but unfortunately can't commit.

I am a guide dog puppy raiser have been doing it for several years since I retired. I would love to be able to help but unfortunately live to far away in Ayrshire. I’m going to the game tomorrow,watching Rangers and having guide dogs what can be better. Just like to add being a volunteer with this charity is very rewarding and would recommend it to everyone especially the retired. We are always looking for new members as there is a huge waiting list for these glorious animals and to all of you nice people who donate a huge thank you as it costs over 50 grand for each dog.

Back