Guidi thinks Scotland are just 2 positions short of qualifying for major tournaments

That's not the point I'm making. I'm talking about on the pitch.

The way Scotland try to play is a mess. We pick a midfield full of good football players, two wide players that are capable in multiple aspects of the game, full backs who love to overlap and attack.

We then partner this with a big tall striker who can't hold the ball up to play the midfielders in, and instead just flicks it on when there are no midfield runners getting beyond him.

Coupled with centre backs that are very, very poor at distributing from the back, and it's no surprise that the team doesn't work.

Get a couple of centre backs comfortable with the ball at their feet, and a striker capable of good hold-up play, and you're on to something.
Aye, fourth place in a three team group!

Missionary (no kissing!) and The Cowgirl, will make a change from usual rear entry Scotland are forced to endure.

mO3ZiKd.gif

The international team are paying the price for us being kicked out of the league. A top class Rangers team will improve the whole of Scottish football. Not that Scottish football cares.

Marshall a shit keeper wasn't good enough at the filth years ago and Robertson without the Liverpool players around him is utter dross and struggles at the basics of defending with Scotland.
The Scotland team as a unit are utter dross and will not qualify for anything under Clarke.

Idiots like Guidi will defend their own kind like Clarke to the bitter end, then blame someone else. Its what they do.

I listened to the show this morning as a Podcast. Mark Guidi speaks massive amounts of shite, especially last night.

He was discussing having airport style security at Celtic Park to deter against people bringing coins into the stadium to throw at players. Only one issue with that, Mark - there are food stalls in the stadium that give CHANGE to paper notes. They actually distribute coins inside the ground you idiot :eek:.
I remember years ago at Ajax’s ground that you had to purchase a card that you top up if you want to purchase anything. Also at some festivals in England this year they weren’t excepting cash anywhere on site you had to use the top up system as well so that is coming in at some point up here as well

Marshall a shit keeper wasn't good enough at the filth years ago and Robertson without the Liverpool players around him is utter dross and struggles at the basics of defending with Scotland.
The Scotland team as a unit are utter dross and will not qualify for anything under Clarke.
Putting a blue shirt on Robertson instead of a red shirt does not make him a terrible footballer.

He’s correct. #2 + #9 = 11. We are 11 players away from having a team capable of qualifying.

Being serious here for a moment. Scotland pick all their players from the same leagues at Northern Ireland, Wales and Ireland pick their players.

I actually think Northern Ireland even go lower to the bottom half of the championship/league 1.

They've all qualified for major tournaments in recent times.

Scotland have players playing for decent teams in a decent league, surely they should be able to qualify? I think the biggest problem is the manager appoitment.

Being serious here for a moment. Scotland pick all their players from the same leagues at Northern Ireland, Wales and Ireland pick their players.

I actually think Northern Ireland even go lower to the bottom half of the championship/league 1.

They've all qualified for major tournaments in recent times.

Scotland have players playing for decent teams in a decent league, surely they should be able to qualify? I think the biggest problem is the manager appoitment.

Northern Ireland and Wales have a 'can do' attitude.

Scotland revels in pessimism, masochism and apathy.

Scotsman reporting this morning that Mikey Devlin and Oli Burke will start tonight.

Doesn't look like Clarke is anywhere close to figuring it out yet.

I listened to the show this morning as a Podcast. Mark Guidi speaks massive amounts of shite, especially last night.

He was discussing having airport style security at Celtic Park to deter against people bringing coins into the stadium to throw at players. Only one issue with that, Mark - there are food stalls in the stadium that give CHANGE to paper notes. They actually distribute coins inside the ground you idiot :eek:.
In all fairness , he doesn’t ever get any change from the Pie stall .

Reactions: ZvP
I would say Scotland are 3 positions short:

A defence, a midfield and an attack.

In saying that, the options for goalkeeper are pretty shite as well.

I heard the SSB for my sins.

Clarke is getting some leeway for not qualifying this time because he inherited dross, as far as I can pick up. Nothing is Clarke's fault.

What they havent grasped is Clarke has picked more dross of his own.
How the %^*& does an international manager inherit dross? That's mental gymnastics from them right there.

I can't think of even one semi competent centre half and the right back is comically bad.

That's before you even start on the other positions.

McTominay is rotten and only gets a game because he plays for Man Ure, bet if he played for Burnley or Palace he would be nowhere near the team

Scotland are international minnows these days. Cannon fodder for most decent nations and some not so decent ones. If Russia scored 4 or 5 tonight, would anyone really be surprised?
Yes, I would be surprised, as to why they only played for 45 minutes and not 90. :)

The sports journalists in this country really have no clue about football, idf he actually believes this Scotland team are just 2 positions short from being able to qualify then he is deluded imo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On tonight&#39;s <a href="https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ClydeSSB</a>, Mark Guidi said he believes Scotland are a #2 and #9 away from being a team that can qualify for tournaments.<br><br>Do you think there is someone out there that Steve Clarke may be overlooking? <a href="https://t.co/JOq0qHJNOs">pic.twitter.com/JOq0qHJNOs</a></p>&mdash; Superscoreboard (@ClydeSSB) <a href=" ">October 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
He is 2 positions short of a full team in my opinion.

He’s right , we usually finish in 4th position , we need to at least finish in 2nd position in the groups to qualify so yea we are two positions short

So passing the ball for one of the goals then fucking it up for another has nothing to do with his ability explain that to me.
The Scotland side have plenty of structural issues which contribute to the poor performance of every outfield player.

Robertson is still an excellent footballer and he shows it every week for Liverpool. If he's not playing well, it's not because of a lack of talent or ability.

Goalkeeper, RB, 2 x CBs and a first choice number 9.
I actually don't think Marshall is that bad and there's some good young 'keepers like the one at St. Johnstone and our own Robby McCrorie coming through soon I expect.

The rest you mentioned is well short though without a doubt.

Back