Guidi thinks Scotland are just 2 positions short of qualifying for major tournaments

I am starting to think Andrew Robertson might well be the most overrated player in international football history.

I know little or nothing about tactics(or the game in general) but every time i watch him play i think all the opposition have to do is attack down that side and it will result a chance to score. Watch him for Liverpool i bet it happens time after time in their next game. Attitude/desire is his main asset which i suppose is more than you can say for the other tims.

Press say we have 2 fantastic left backs ofcourse both are worth a lot of money and yet left back is still a huge issue.... thats how bad things are.

When you look a the players in that squad we should be a decent team. they are all playing for good teams at a good level. If you compare our squad to Northern ireland or the Republic we should have the strongest team.

It begs the question why we don't. Clarke has to be questioned, we are not hard to beat as last night showed. We had 11 good players but the didn't play as a team it looked they only met 5 mins before kick off. So there must be a degree of flac heading Clarkes way.

But there must also be a wider issue. He did a good job at Kilmarnock, why can't he do that at Scotland? When was the last successful Scotland manager? Walter Smith? Must be a wider issue than just an individual.

Paragrah 1. What?

Last edited:
Fair comment. I actually don’t.

I cheer on the others as you say.

Maybe I shouldn’t be blaming the SNP but it just seems in recent years that there is such an anti Rangers agenda in the country & we have had players actually physically attacked at their work on two occasions & the government hasn’t condoned it.

We also again recently saw RJ being booed by what are meant to be his own supporters.

But maybe I’m going too far because as you say if the rugby players or golfers or athletes are on the TV I’m shouting support for them.
If I was RJ I'd throw my tracksuit and leave.

Guidi would be very, very, very, very (can't be arsed typing "very" any more) wrong. Another guy that has made a career in football despite knowing the square root of f**k all about it.

Guides a fuucking idiot , 2 players ???
it’s a whole fuucking team scotland need , they are bloody terrible, I’m glad I don’t bother. With international football coz this lot are embarrassing and guidi has taken too much substance abuse

Guidi is the equivalent of a wee school lassie commenting on games and issues around football.
I listen to him on Snyde along with Jim Duffy.
Duffy is as honest and forthwright imo as any pundit out there.
When a caller asks a point the answers from the two of them is like night and day.
How Guidi ever got the gig is beyond me.

How Guidi ever got the gig is beyond me.

Probably something to do with being one of the main tim journos out there thats very very close to big peters hole.

Hes not the worst for football debate i wouldnt say so anyway.. this is Scotland where its pesh right enough and yeah Duffy is about the best pundit. A sellik man that can speak about Rangers without getting angry, unusual.

Am surprised that alcy prick hasn't tried switching home games to Killie yet. Well out of his depth, Kilmarnock was his level and the plastic pitch was a huge part of his briefly successful period of shithouse, roughneck, cloggery. Ofcourse he isn't going to get anything out of / make the same style work with players like Fraser and McTominay who have spent all of their career in high-level footballing academies.

Is entering the Euros and World Cup compulsory for countries to enter?

If not they should just forget entering.

After Andorra winning last night, I bet San Marino are thinking they have a good chance tomorrow.

Robertson , Tierney , McGinn , Jack, are more than good enough players for the international stage.

McTominay is close.

We don't have an international class striker at all. There is a big difference from being a good striker and being international class.

We don't have an international class centre back.

We don't have a single exceptional player who could change a game on his own, no Souness , Dalgliesh , Baxter , Law , Cooper , Johnstone , Henderson ,

Not even a Gordon Strachan or Charlie Cooke both of whom would be light years ahead of the current squad.

To be fair I forgot Forrest, he also is worth an international jersey, so I think we have 6 or 7 players worthy of international jerseys

Agree with that,but I have a problem with people who continually turn up to GB events and bring the saltire with them.
Even remember watching the Davis cup from glasgow and some clown turned up with a satire with yes on it.
If you dont want to be part of GB,then dont turn up to support certain members of GB teams just because of your narrow minded views.
They're getting like septic supporters, turning up at nothing-to-do-with-septic events and poisoning the atmosphere.

Robertson , Tierney , McGinn , Jack, are more than good enough players for the international stage.

McTominay is close.

We don't have an international class striker at all. There is a big difference from being a good striker and being international class.

We don't have an international class centre back.

We don't have a single exceptional player who could change a game on his own, no Souness , Dalgliesh , Baxter , Law , Cooper , Johnstone , Henderson ,

Not even a Gordon Strachan or Charlie Cooke both of whom would be light years ahead of the current squad.

To be fair I forgot Forrest, he also is worth an international jersey, so I think we have 6 or 7 players worthy of international jerseys
Forrest, like his club team mate, McGregor, too often seem to forget how to play the game when they put a Scotland jersey on.

Forrest, like his club team mate, McGregor, too often seem to forget how to play the game when they put a Scotland jersey on.
Are they really THAT GOOD outside the SPL? The mentally challengeds regular European thumpings would suggest otherwise. This is in fact the core of Guidi and the rest of the media,s failed argument. The players mentioned are bog standard as was Broonaldo before them. Throw in the rest of the SPL journeymen, and is it really such a surprise at how poor we are ???,

Are they really THAT GOOD outside the SPL? The mentally challengeds regular European thumpings would suggest otherwise. This is in fact the core of Guidi and the rest of the media,s failed argument. The players mentioned are bog standard as was Broonaldo before them. Throw in the rest of the SPL journeymen, and is it really such a surprise at how poor we are ???,
Can’t argue with a word of this.
Why do other clubs not see it this way when splashing out on their players?

Back